From 5 to 8?

networker1884

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pffft, yeah whatever. They should do the fixture lists one game at a time I suppose eh? Anyway, I'll apologise to Nige next time I see him in Asda, with the sheer optimism and enthusiasm I put into my original post I'm sure it won't go unnoticed by the press and players alike. How silly of me.

You can laugh, but I have mates who play for the club, and they do read it. Your comment probably resembles other Derby fans views, therefore there will be a build up of expectation around the club eg. Media etc

Not so long ago my mum saw him in morrisons. He likes to give them all a chance. (Apart from the likes of cywka, bailey, Martin etc.)

And when was this? What time? Who was he with?

I suppose your Dad saw Ben Davies in Aldi?

Nige - Sainsburys

Bavies - Asda

I'm a fact merchant. No good selling me your lies.

You can laugh, but I have mates who play for the club, and they do read it. Your comment probably resembles other Derby fans views, therefore there will be a build up of expectation around the club eg. Media etc

Wow, you have mates that play for the club, well you must really know your stuff then.

But seriously man, you're slightly overreacting, saying I'm not allowed to express myself or share my slight optimism is just ridiculous. Not just is this thread far from enthusiastic, but if this thread hits the media I'll eat my own penis.

Not so long ago my mum saw him in morrisons. He likes to give them all a chance. (Apart from the likes of cywka, bailey, Martin etc.)

I didn't know they had expanded into retail. Perhaps it's because they're worried that they aren't quite good enough footballers to play for us..

Wow, you have mates that play for the club, well you must really know your stuff then.

But seriously man, you're slightly overreacting, saying I'm not allowed to express myself or share my slight optimism is just ridiculous. Not just is this thread far from enthusiastic, but if this thread hits the media I'll eat my own penis.

1-0 peterbourgh. Well done mate!

I'd say Barnsley is the toughest game out of the next three.

Every time i read a match report for a Barnsley away game all it says is how unlucky Barnsley were, controlled the game, carved out numerous chances but failed to win. Anyone who hasnt, read the reports on their last few away games at Charlton, Leeds, Birmingham and Blackburn. They did win two of them, but they've bossed every one of them.

I highly rate Keith Hill, what he's doing at Barnsley is pure class, i'd take him here any day.

At the time I was quoting them last season they were also playing teams off the park..

They'll soon have their better players stripped away from them if they carry on producing good performances..

Barnsley and P'Boro are probably the only 2 clubs in the division that can't realistically hold onto their betters.. Staying up will be the priority of both sides from the off..

If Barnsley had been able to keep all of their players from the past few years they'd be able to field a quality NPC side..

4 pts from B'Burn at home, rock bottom team away and Peterborough.

Not good enough. Stick those big game performances v WHU and Newcastle where the sun don't shine. If we win when we should win and lose when we should lose we'd be a lot better off.

I'm sick of it.

Get a DVD of the Rams boxing day win over the hammers

Get a T-shirt of Derby beating Forest

A look back on Derby's win over Leeds.

No, fvck off.

Defeats to Burnley, defeats to P'Boro, Ipswich, Bristol City and dire draws at Watford, Barnsley etc are usually the guaranteed lows of a typical Derby season. A 1-0 defeat in midweek to Palace at home here and a 2-1 loss at Millwall there..... you get the idea.

It does my tree in. When we hand 6 pts to Leicester every year too....

All you ever hear from Derby fans is "we never do very well there"..... no, they don't mean Elland Road or St James Park or the odd bogey ground. Every bloody ground seems to hold a bad omen.

I like winning big games. But ffs!!

4 pts from B'Burn at home, rock bottom team away and Peterborough.

Not good enough. Stick those big game performances v WHU and Newcastle where the sun don't shine. If we win when we should win and lose when we should lose we'd be a lot better off.

I'm sick of it.

Get a DVD of the Rams boxing day win over the hammers

Get a T-shirt of Derby beating Forest

A look back on Derby's win over Leeds.

No, fvck off.

Defeats to Burnley, defeats to P'Boro, Ipswich, Bristol City and dire draws at Watford, Barnsley etc are usually the guaranteed lows of a typical Derby season. A 1-0 defeat in midweek to Palace at home here and a 2-1 loss at Millwall there..... you get the idea.

It does my tree in. When we hand 6 pts to Leicester every year too....

All you ever hear from Derby fans is "we never do very well there"..... no, they don't mean Elland Road or St James Park or the odd bogey ground. Every bloody ground seems to hold a bad omen.

I like winning big games. But ffs!!

You know buddy we're going to be here for a long long time.. I hate the NPC, it's such a dog leaguie woith bog standard players.. I was watching Stoke vs Sunderland just now and I how I loved to be in the PL but even that standard was dire..

We're so many lightyears away from having a decent team in the PL playing decent football it's despressing..

The next time Derby are on the box is 24th November vs Brum at home.. That just sounds so unnappealing to your average football fan.. Derby County vs Birmingham City in a drab midtable NPC clash on a cold Saturday evening... Has 0-0 written all over it.

We need to buy some foreign players.. Players with natural technical abilities..

Will Hughes not naturally technical? I suppose the likes of Bueno and Cywka are what we're after...

Bueno yes.. Cywka isn't that technical..

Bueno was a quality player, and is currently better than anything we have.. We just never got the best out of him playing hoofball all the time.. When we played the ball on the deck him and Commons looked the best players in the league..

Bueno has featured 6 times in La Liga this season (3 starts) and has scored 2 goals.. Technically he's probably better than any other player in the NPC

Bueno was a quality player, and is currently better than anything we have.. We just never got the best out of him playing hoofball all the time.. When we played the ball on the deck him and Commons looked the best players in the league..

Bueno has featured 6 times in La Liga this season (3 starts) and has scored 2 goals.. Technically he's probably better than any other player in the NPC

Bueno doesn't suit the NPC style of play full stop. I could count on one hand the amount of games he had any influence on. Players like him don't suit this league. All I hear you bleat on is how we should raid the Spanish market. If it was so easy why aren't all the teams out there snapping up these technical stars. It's the NPC not football manager.

Don't know about that, Bueno's only really a good passer, and even in this league, we have our fair share of those. Bueno didn't really have the blinding skill on the ball needed to completely dominate games by himself. He only really looked good when we had players like Commons who could creat the space for him to do his stuff. Don't get me wrong, he's brilliant when he gets space.

You're probably going to go mental at me for saying this, but I think Hughes is a much more useful player for us. He can carry the ball better than Bueno, he doesn't seem fazed by anyone physically, and he finds the ball at his feet much more often. I'm sure when he's 23 he'll also have the same sort of match-winning through ball in his game too.

Saw Knockhaert play for Leicester the other day. Amazing talent at this level. Has the skill, the passing range, but he can dribble and he's got strength too.

Bueno doesn't suit the NPC style of play full stop. I could count on one hand the amount of games he had any influence on. Players like him don't suit this league. All I hear you bleat on is how we should raid the Spanish market. If it was so easy why aren't all the teams out there snapping up these technical stars. It's the NPC not football manager.

Players don't suit this type of league?

So the likes of Jordi Lopez, Angel Rangel, Guillem Bauza, Gorka Pintado, Andrea Orlandi, Albert Serran were all failures for Swansea then?

Don't know about that, Bueno's only really a good passer, and even in this league, we have our fair share of those. Bueno didn't really have the blinding skill on the ball needed to completely dominate games by himself. He only really looked good when we had players like Commons who could creat the space for him to do his stuff. Don't get me wrong, he's brilliant when he gets space.

You're probably going to go mental at me for saying this, but I think Hughes is a much more useful player for us. He can carry the ball better than Bueno, he doesn't seem fazed by anyone physically, and he finds the ball at his feet much more often. I'm sure when he's 23 he'll also have the same sort of match-winning through ball in his game too.

Saw Knockhaert play for Leicester the other day. Amazing talent at this level. Has the skill, the passing range, but he can dribble and he's got strength too.

It all depends on the players around you.. If anyone is trying to suggest Bueno isn't a good player at NPC level or that anyone in our current squad is better then that's just laughable..

If Valladolid were in the NPC they'd win it at a canter..

Xavi would look oridanry in a team full of hoofers.. Bueno was a class apart when we played football on the deck.. When we went back to root one survival football Bueno was overlooked for not being physical enough..

Will Hughes would look **** in that survival side..

It all depends on the players around you.. If anyone is trying to suggest Bueno isn't a good player at NPC level or that anyone in our current squad is better then that's just laughable..

If Valladolid were in the NPC they'd win it at a canter..

Xavi would look oridanry in a team full of hoofers.. Bueno was a class apart when we played football on the deck.. When we went back to root one survival football Bueno was overlooked for not being physical enough..

Will Hughes would look **** in that survival side..

I disagree, I think Xavi would look good in any side and you're greatly understimating his talent. And over-rating Bueno. There were times when a pass to Bueno was a pass to the opposition.

Not sure whether "better" is the word I'd use but there are more usefuly players in our team than Bueno. I'm not arguing that a Bueno-type player can't be useful at this level. But he lacked the sophistication and inteligence to adapt his game in this league. We've seen from Hughes, who is even leaner than Bueno, that if you play in a certain way it doesn't matter how un-physical you are as a player.

If Bueno really was that useful, he'd have had interest from another NPC team or Premier League team. When he was playing with Commons and Cywka on form, he was linked with a move to Wigan...that quickly died down when it became apparent how inneffecitve he was as soon as a team found him out, which was too easy to do.

His obvious talent and occasional brilliant performances make him a sort-after player. His inconsistency and inability to cope with a physical presence means he's not worth the price tag of a sort-after player.

I disagree, I think Xavi would look good in any side and you're greatly understimating his talent. And over-rating Bueno. There were times when a pass to Bueno was a pass to the opposition.

Not sure whether "better" is the word I'd use but there are more usefuly players in our team than Bueno. I'm not arguing that a Bueno-type player can't be useful at this level. But he lacked the sophistication and inteligence to adapt his game in this league. We've seen from Hughes, who is even leaner than Bueno, that if you play in a certain way it doesn't matter how un-physical you are as a player.

If Bueno really was that useful, he'd have had interest from another NPC team or Premier League team. When he was playing with Commons and Cywka on form, he was linked with a move to Wigan...that quickly died down when it became apparent how inneffecitve he was as soon as a team found him out, which was too easy to do.

His obvious talent and occasional brilliant performances make him a sort-after player. His inconsistency and inability to cope with a physical presence means he's not worth the price tag of a sort-after player.

You're completely underestimatinghow important tactics and styles of play are to suiting a players needs and his own style of play.. You can't expect a creatrive genuis like Xavi to control a game when the ball is pumped over his head.. He finds spaces very little players can, but if the defneders don't have the ability to pass him the ball and the other midfielders have little movement his game is going to break down..

Bueno in a passing side was far better than Bueno in a hoofing side.. Don't get me wrong, Will Hughes will certainly pick up his game playing alongside better players.. Bueno would play better in this DCFC side than that of 2 years ago..

There are more players in our side better equiped to suit our style of play.. Theo can look useful if Coutts is only going to play the ball down the line for him to chase.. Bueno needs the ball at his feet, he's not going to chase hopeless balls down the line nor is he going to 'put himself about'

There aren't any sides at this level capable of buying Bueno.. He plays for a midtable La Liga side where his abilities shine... He was linked to Wigan (under Martinez, a footballing style of manager) when it was evident that in a side that can create space and pass forwards he was a quality player at that level.. Why would anyone have tried to buy him after Xmas.. They couldn't afford him nor was he the type of player you'd want in a hoofball side.. He would have flourished at Swansea or Wigan..

He doesn't need to be a physical player.. I'd put a huge wager that this Valladolid side would walk over a physical Stoke side.. Bueno suffered from poor players around him, nothing to do with his ability which he has in abundance in comparison to the rest of the NPC.

Archived