From 5 to 8?

networker1884

Okay so it's rather quite (because we didn't lose) and I always like these little optimistic prediction threads, so here's another.

We're unbeaten in 5. Won-Drew-Drew-Drew-Won.

We've got 3 very beatable teams coming up.

Peterborough Away - 2nd bottom.

Blackpool Home - 1 point out of the last 12.

Barnsley - inconsistent, irrelevant, [size=4]incompetent, and have an [/size]insignificant history, club, and squad.

So can we make it 8 unbeaten? Be nice, eh?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking at the fixtures this morning after the Ipswich game.

Peterborough I'd take a point. Blackpool and Barnsley a win and a draw so 5 points from those three would be a very good return and would place us a little closer to that top six.

I can't see it though as history suggests just when we appear to be putting a run together then we go on a dire losing streak.

Okay so it's rather quite (because we didn't lose) and I always like these little optimistic prediction threads, so here's another.

Barnsley - inconsistent, irrelevant, [size=4]incompetent, and have an [/size]insignificant history, club, and squad.

Bit insulting don't you think? We'll have to be at our best to beat them, they play some excellent stuff at times, Mellis and Cywka in particular, and Davies grabs a the odd goal here and there.

[size=4]

Bit insulting don't you think? We'll have to be at our best to beat them, they play some excellent stuff at times, Mellis and Cywka in particular, and Davies grabs a the odd goal here and there.

[/size]

[size=4]Yes I suppose, but I had no intention to insult anybody. I had just watched V for Vendetta and V's speech when he saves Evey at the start...[/size]

[size=4]"But on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace soubriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona. Voila! In view humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the “vox populi” now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin, van guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.[/size]

[size=4]The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.[/size]

[size=4]Verily this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it’s my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V."[/size]

...inspired me a little, so I came up with a few negative words beginning with 'i'. No harm meant, just fun. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I wanted 7pts from B'Burn, Ipswich and P'Boro.

A defeat on Saturday and I want 6 pts from Blackpool and Barnsley.

I'm fed up of us accepting a point away against anybody and everybody. That's why we're bog standard. Got to win away from home against teams we want to finish above.

It's alright having a great boxing day performance v WHU. But then to go waste 4 pts against say Burnley and Millwall.... well, I'd swap. I'd rather beat our equals and lose to the better sides than the other way around.

7 pts from this week will do nicely. B'Burn were a bit of an unknown. Rubbish but they've collected points.

Ipswich and P'Boro are who we need to be beating to make progress. Not drawing because we have to leave Derbyshire.

Well done last night.

I'd say Barnsley is the toughest game out of the next three.

Every time i read a match report for a Barnsley away game all it says is how unlucky Barnsley were, controlled the game, carved out numerous chances but failed to win. Anyone who hasnt, read the reports on their last few away games at Charlton, Leeds, Birmingham and Blackburn. They did win two of them, but they've bossed every one of them.

I highly rate Keith Hill, what he's doing at Barnsley is pure class, i'd take him here any day.

I wanted 7pts from B'Burn, Ipswich and P'Boro.

A defeat on Saturday and I want 6 pts from Blackpool and Barnsley.

I'm fed up of us accepting a point away against anybody and everybody. That's why we're bog standard. Got to win away from home against teams we want to finish above.

It's alright having a great boxing day performance v WHU. But then to go waste 4 pts against say Burnley and Millwall.... well, I'd swap. I'd rather beat our equals and lose to the better sides than the other way around.

7 pts from this week will do nicely. B'Burn were a bit of an unknown. Rubbish but they've collected points.

Ipswich and P'Boro are who we need to be beating to make progress. Not drawing because we have to leave Derbyshire.

Well done last night.

Agreed. Draw away was great when you had two points winning game. That was while ago, though

I swear Barnsley have been about our level the last few years, sometimes finishing above, sometimes below. Depressingly enough I've sort of seen them as a benchmark in recent times. 5 points minimum if we want to push on, no easy games but with that sequence you need to get a respectable return I feel as we'll have much tougher asks later on.

Did you mean to put Derby?

Take it game by game. It's people like you who pile pressure on the players and get the fans hyping about 'playoffs'.

Take it game by game. It's people like you who pile pressure on the players and get the fans hyping about 'playoffs'.

Pffft, yeah whatever. They should do the fixture lists one game at a time I suppose eh? Anyway, I'll apologise to Nige next time I see him in Asda, with the sheer optimism and enthusiasm I put into my original post I'm sure it won't go unnoticed by the press and players alike. How silly of me.

Pffft, yeah whatever. They should do the fixture lists one game at a time I suppose eh? Anyway, I'll apologise to Nige next time I see him in Asda, with the sheer optimism and enthusiasm I put into my original post I'm sure it won't go unnoticed by the press and players alike. How silly of me.

Nigel shops in Sainsburys

I deal in facts.

I heard Barker doesn't though?

Maybe that's why he isn't in the team at the moment.

Nigel wanted the team to collect nectar points on his card by booking with Expedia for their recent America trip, but they used TravelRepublic instead. A very angry boss!

[size=2]Obviously none of this happened.[/size]

Archived