Jake Buxton

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are we going to make a thread on all of our players.

but yes all hail the kaiser bucko

.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/14/article-1331742154380-12279214000005DC-880320_466x557

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

All it took was a goal against Forest to fire him into Derby folk law. You wont find a Derby fan that doesnt like Bucko anymore, rewind the clock back 12 months and he was the proverbial stick that was used to beat Clough about his "useless" lower league signings.

In all seriousness, he has come good, he looks assured on the ball now. You will often see him chest the ball down and play out like a proper football centre back instead of kicking or heading it out of play.

Thought keogh deserved motm because buxton still whacks it straight upfield to no one too often. Still excellent at the defending part though

Did he? I can't remember Buxton hoofing upfield for anything other than an entirely necessary clearance.

If anything, I think Buxton's distribution out of the back four is a little better than Keogh's, as he tends to pass forward more often.

He found Sammon brilliantly with a ball that never left the ground.

...........and he is supplementing his DCFC wage with a bit of TV advertising, his lovely smile comes across well in his 'Give me 500' advert where he introduces himself to the new bloke who has moved in next door, perhaps he should keep the punk hair-do for games as well.

*Anyone who gives 100% and puts his body on the line in a Rams shirt is OK in my book.

*This obviously doesn't include Teflon and Tosspot.

I love how even after all this time people are vaguely surprised that he's a very decent defender. He was a solid player from the first time he stepped out on the pitch for us, and yet it's what... 4 seasons later and he was injured for pretty much an entire season, but he's never looked out of place. Was him coming from Burton having spent only one whole season of his career in the non-leagues really enough for some to write him off?

I love how even after all this time people are vaguely surprised that he's a very decent defender. He was a solid player from the first time he stepped out on the pitch for us, and yet it's what... 4 seasons later and he was injured for pretty much an entire season, but he's never looked out of place. Was him coming from Burton having spent only one whole season of his career in the non-leagues really enough for some to write him off?

I thought he was very poor in his first season. His positional sense and distribution were poor and added to.his lack of speed and he was an obvious target for the boo boys.

I remember watching him at Ssausagehhorpe and pitying him because Sharp and Hayes had his pants down.

Really impressed with how he has recovered from that start and his injuries though. Undoubtedly our most improved player in NCs reign.

Didn't Mansfield let him go?

No, after 151 appearances for the club, Buxton left by mutual consent as Mansfield were relegated from League Two, citing a desire to remain in the football league. I'm not sure exactly what happened from there, but he ended up at Burton in the conference and was an absolute standout.

I thought he was very poor in his first season. His positional sense and distribution were poor and added to.his lack of speed and he was an obvious target for the boo boys.

I remember watching him at Ssausagehhorpe and pitying him because Sharp and Hayes had his pants down.

Really impressed with how he has recovered from that start and his injuries though. Undoubtedly our most improved player in NCs reign.

Were we watching the same player. He had a damn good start to his Derby career. The only poor games I remember was as he was coming back from several injuries, and quite frankly Commons and Hulse had far more piss poor games than Buxton who at worst had one or two.

Were we watching the same player. He had a damn good start to his Derby career. The only poor games I remember was as he was coming back from several injuries, and quite frankly Commons and Hulse had far more piss poor games than Buxton who at worst had one or two.

Only my opinion. We must have different opinions of what constitutes a good performance though. Try and watch a video of the 3-2 loss away at Ssausagehorpe in his second game and see what you think.

Archived