Who's the been at Derby the longest?

derbyfan55

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of the academy players. Jeff Hendrick or Mark O'Brien maybe?

The entire team is Clough's and one of his first signings was Barker...

I'm sure someone on here will know for sure.

It's actually O'Brien who made his first appearance for the club against Watford on the 3rd of May 2009.

However, in terms of Clough's earliest signing who is still here, I'm fairly sure its actually:

BNpnh

...you know, that champion in the middle.

Oh, the first pro contract was Callum Ball on the 2nd of January 2009. O'Brien didn't sign one until the 1st of July, the date that Buxton officially signed.

Buxton was his first signing, practically on the day Clough joined, so I suspect it's him.

O'Brien won the 'Best Newcomer' award in Irelands youth team the year he joined us at 15 years old I think, but he arrived after Bucko did if memory serves.

Buxton was his first signing, practically on the day Clough joined, so I suspect it's him.

O'Brien won the 'Best Newcomer' award in Irelands youth team the year he joined us at 15 years old I think, but he arrived after Bucko did if memory serves.

Think theres almost 6 months between the two

O'Brien appeared for the club before Buxton signed, but he signed a pro deal on the day that Buxton signed.

Nigel arrived on the 5th of January 2009... Oh... scrap that part about Callum being his first pro contract, he's just the player who's had one the longest if I am not mistaken. Anyhow, Buxton didn't sign for almost 6 months after Nigel arrived. He is still however, the first Nigel signing that is still here.

O'Brien appeared for the club before Buxton signed, but he signed a pro deal on the day that Buxton signed.

Nigel arrived on the 5th of January 2009... Oh... scrap that part about Callum being his first pro contract, he's just the player who's had one the longest if I am not mistaken. Anyhow, Buxton didn't sign for almost 6 months after Nigel arrived. He is still however, the first Nigel signing that is still here.

Did he? Ah, well then my memory is way off there then! My bad.

Archived