Oconner or Buxton

TomCumming

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buxton was f*cking awful first half, from what i've seen of O'Connor i much prefer him. Blackstock was giving Buxton real problems, any opposition sides just need to put a big striker on Buxton and he'll struggle.

He reminds he alot of Michael Johnson, tries hard, works his b*llocks off, but will just get found out too often.

Buxton was f*cking awful first half, from what i've seen of O'Connor i much prefer him. Blackstock was giving Buxton real problems, any opposition sides just need to put a big striker on Buxton and he'll struggle.

He reminds he alot of Michael Johnson, tries hard, works his b*llocks off, but will just get found out too often.

Absolutely ********, I'm sorry... But he was first to absolutely everything and went into everything full blooded how many times did sharp, cox and blackstock get passed him.

Still stuck in the blokes back pocket!!

Have to disagree. Blackstock would have had a great time if O'Connor was defending him. Buxton kicked him, tackled him, made himself known and we already know how mardy Blackstock can be. O'Connor is better on the ball than Buxton, but that's about it. Defensively, O'Connor is poor.

I thought Buxton coped with Blackstock.

I do think he was struggling with him though. He was a match in every department. The two of them were having a right good ding dong.

The were times I thought Buxton was just hanging on in there. Then I thought Blackstock was just trying to get some help out the referee.

In the end. Buxton won. Made me sweat watching them though!!

I am not Jake Buxton's biggest fan but today, he delivered. I don't think he should be part of a first-choice pairing in the long-term but he is the kind of player who if you give him enough time will prove people wrong. I worried that the pace and movement of Cox, Blackstock and latterly Sharp would expose him but he stood firm.

You could argue the complexion of the game played right into Buxton's hands with the fact Forest didn't really find any kind of fluency, quickly ran out of steam and eventually just resorted to pumping balls into our final third which our centre backs could boot or head clear. Our defence was never stretched or at risk of wilting under huge pressure. Fielding only had one bonafide save to make, after all.

At this level, all it takes is one mistimed tackle or one slip in concentration and you can get punished. But today Buxton and Keogh were assured, disciplined, organised and did what was required of them. But let's be honest, tougher challenges lie ahead.

Still long may it continue.

Absolutely ********, I'm sorry... But he was first to absolutely everything and went into everything full blooded how many times did sharp, cox and blackstock get passed him.

Still stuck in the blokes back pocket!!

How was he first to everything when he fouled him about 5 times in the first half? Every time he had the ball at his feet he hoofed it forward as well which invited more pressure. Not surprised considering the occasion, importance of the game etc, but i would have liked to see him play it short to feet, which O'Connor does.

Not moaning about his second half performance, cos he was solid, but that was only cos Blackstock wasnt on the ptich and Forest couldnt string 5 passes together to create any space or look like scoring.

Keogh was far, far better than Buxton was. I dont mind Buxton, but he should be nothing more than a backup.

How was he first to everything when he fouled him about 5 times in the first half? Every time he had the ball at his feet he hoofed it forward as well which invited more pressure. Not surprised considering the occasion, importance of the game etc, but i would have liked to see him play it short to feet, which O'Connor does.

Not moaning about his second half performance, cos he was solid, but that was only cos Blackstock wasnt on the ptich and Forest couldnt string 5 passes together to create any space or look like scoring.

Keogh was far, far better than Buxton was. I dont mind Buxton, but he should be nothing more than a backup.

None of their strikers beat him, not once throughout the game. O'Connor cracking full back but not a centre back, I really liked the look of O'Connor when he came on at full back, quick and sharp.

As for centre backs I thought Keogh and Buxton got a lot of balls thrown in their direction and they dealt with it very well, both very good performances today and both were the best players on the pitch, black stock, cox and sharp could of played for 10 games today and not scored!

Agreed, was very lucky to stay on the pitch, gave away several silly fouls a liabilty in the first half.

If buxton is the CH then keogh can sweep behind and reads the game well

If o'connor is in - much as i like him - then keogh has to play CH with o'connor covering and he lacks pace.

None of their strikers beat him, not once throughout the game. O'Connor cracking full back but not a centre back, I really liked the look of O'Connor when he came on at full back, quick and sharp.

As for centre backs I thought Keogh and Buxton got a lot of balls thrown in their direction and they dealt with it very well, both very good performances today and both were the best players on the pitch, black stock, cox and sharp could of played for 10 games today and not scored!

Is this sponsored bullsh*t?

When Buxton tried to control the ball, was too slow, Blackstock nicked it away, Buxton hacked him to the floor (which was a good foul to be fair, cos he would have been clear down the left) and got booked. There's just one example in the first half, and he made about 3 other fouls on him.

The game yesterday was perfect for Buxton, head it and kick it, with no play infront of him or to feet. Second half he was quality, first half he was a liability.

Is this sponsored bullsh*t?

When Buxton tried to control the ball, was too slow, Blackstock nicked it away, Buxton hacked him to the floor (which was a good foul to be fair, cos he would have been clear down the left) and got booked. There's just one example in the first half, and he made about 3 other fouls on him.

The game yesterday was perfect for Buxton, head it and kick it, with no play infront of him or to feet. Second half he was quality, first half he was a liability.

he didn't go passed him though, that is the one instance where he messed up apart from that I watched him dominate blackstock. I thought some of the fouls given against him was harsh, he didn't climb with his hands he just jumped over/through blackstock who quite frankly shouldn't be such a pussy.

Buxton is also a much better football than you're giving him credit for, but you're not the only one. He has been stereotyped by Derby fans, we would be a much, much weaker side defensively without him IMO.

he didn't go passed him though, that is the one instance where he messed up apart from that I watched him dominate blackstock. I thought some of the fouls given against him was harsh, he didn't climb with his hands he just jumped over/through blackstock who quite frankly shouldn't be such a pussy.

Buxton is also a much better football than you're giving him credit for, but you're not the only one. He has been stereotyped by Derby fans, we would be a much, much weaker side defensively without him IMO.

Well i saw us shut Wolves out for 90 minutes without him playing, helped by Keogh and O'Connor being very comfortable on the ball and passing it out from the back, helping us keep possession and not give Wolves the opportunity to attack. The best away performance i've seen from us in a number of years.

Well i saw us shut Wolves out for 90 minutes without him playing, helped by Keogh and O'Connor being very comfortable on the ball and passing it out from the back, helping us keep possession and not give Wolves the opportunity to attack. The best away performance i've seen from us in a number of years.

I'm with you, really like O'Connor but don't think he is a centre back... I think he will eventually phase G-Rob out when he retires next season and from what I saw of him, he has no problem at left back. I thought we perked up again when he came on yesterday, great footballer.

Unfortunately I have to agree with a lot of the comments about Buxton in the first half at Florest. He got himself booked, gave away too many free kicks and his distribution was poor. In the second half, when they played it long, he was more comfortable. Buxton suits a battle but is found out when more football is played.

Archived