Ben Davies

North_Stand_Ram

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11696/8048594/Curle-keeping-tabs-on-Davies

Notts County are keen on bringing Ben Davies back to Meadow Lane from Derby after the 31-year-old was told he can leave.

Davies, who left the Magpies to join Nigel Clough's Championship team in January 2011, has been told he can leave the Rams after struggling to break into the first-team squad on a regular basis.

And Notts boss Keith Curle, who managed Davies during his time in charge of Chester, would like to see if he can strike a loan deal to bring the him back to the club.

"I know Ben well and he's a great player with great ability," Curle told the Nottingham Post.

"I'm surprised Derby are willing to let him go and it will be a surprise if another Championship club doesn't take him. We would definitely be interested if they didn't."

Davies remains a hero with County fans after helping the Magpies win the League Two title in 2010 and scoring 24 goals in 80 games in the black-and-white stripes.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep him or at the most loan him out with a recall option.

Derby County don't do injury free seasons, couple midfielders out injured we'd be short of options on the bench.

Let him go in January if we can replace him.

Agree - he's good enough to play in this division as back up. Would be reluctant to let him go, specially knowing we won't/can't replace him.

He deserves games. A decent bloke, and honest player and someone who deserves a chance to be kicking the white thing about. Just not for Derby.

There was a time where we needed Davieses to start a new culture at the club, but their work is done.

Can't pass that well, can't take a man on, can't dribble and not a lot of pace. But he's probably one of the best kickers of the football I've seen for Derby, when he has the time and space.

A wondergoal against Leeds does not a good player make but it shows that he deserves League One football, where he will be loved and appreciated.

I remember the game at St Andrews last season. We were 2-0 down, and badly in need of a kick up the arse. Clough brings B Davies on, and within two minutes it's 2-1 and we're right back in it. I can't imagine he'll get two much of a look in now we've got Hughes, Coutts and Jacobs, which is a shame really. Suppose we could always bring in a replacement if absolutely necessary for strength in depth (or perhaps Clough wants to save his wages, sell Bavies, Bailey and another player to bring in a striker or something, who knows really).

Will be sad to see him go if he does, seems a decent bloke and a good squad player, but we've got better players now.

Archived