This will be a promotion season

MelSage

yes but we made their defence a shambles and they couldnt retain the ball because of our superb passing. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Nobody can make Carl Dickinson look that bad, he just IS that bad 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Watford were bad..... that's why we thrashed 'em!!

We didnt beat an awful team 2-1/1-0. We bollocked a fellow Championship side. No side in the division is much better or worse than Derby. Thrashing anyone is good. There are rarely whipping boys each season.

Scores never bother me. Those are short term joys. I personally look at performances. I like to see good decisions made frequently by players. We are getting better tbf. All I want is Clough to take more risks. He did at Wolves. He's done alright today.

Very happy man!

Btw there are no promotion spots left.

Leicester and Forest have took them. I'm fairly sure I've read we're getting relegated. Enjoy this rare victory boys. L1 next year.

(see Camps OG? Lol)

Tell you what, we are going down with a fight!

My mates friend had put £10 on derby finishing top, with good odds. Gets a quarter odds if finishes second or third.

I laughed before kick off, now, I want a piece of it!

jesus christ people on this forums furious when we dont win and are elated when we win.

i am very happy with the result today but calm down if we play like that every game i cant see why we cant challenge for play offs ATM i dont want us promoted dont think we could hack it in the prem. a nice top 10 finish would do me.

love the optimism but dont get carried away.

COYR!!!

Football is about getting carried away and enjoying the good times. If you don't do the same then you're missing out pal.

Believe me, we are going up this year 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

What a fantastic display today, one of the best performances for many,many years. That's coming off one of the best displays away from home in many years.

Last year we won the first four matches, but we didn't play particulary well and you knew it couldn't last.

This year it's only been 5 points, but four solid displays. We are getting better and better. Clough are building a fantastic team. Hard working and free flowing football. Clough is a genius!!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Er.... this is way too soon. This is a tough old league and we are 13th at the moment. Lets just enjoy the moment.

Although I am not ready to declare this a promotion season just yet, I am happy with our results so far. Getting three promoted/demoted teams on the bounce is a terrible way to start the season, so I was pretty happy with two draws there. And now a thumping win over Watford...sweet! I think the squad is looking better than it has for as long as I can remember - better than our promotion season I believe (in terms of potential) and we are scoring goals. Looking forward to a positive season. UTR

Although I am not ready to declare this a promotion season just yet, I am happy with our results so far. Getting three promoted/demoted teams on the bounce is a terrible way to start the season, so I was pretty happy with two draws there. And now a thumping win over Watford...sweet! I think the squad is looking better than it has for as long as I can remember - better than our promotion season I believe (in terms of potential) and we are scoring goals. Looking forward to a positive season. UTR

Every team since 2008 has been better than the 2007 promotion team.

jewells team with Hulse and Commons Villa and Davies

Cloughs team with Barker and Shackell

Cloughs team now.

How on earth we got promoted with that team in 2007 I will never know

Every team since 2008 has been better than the 2007 promotion team.

jewells team with Hulse and Commons Villa and Davies

Cloughs team with Barker and Shackell

Cloughs team now.

How on earth we got promoted with that team in 2007 I will never know

We finished third in the promotion season, with players like Johnson, Barnes in his prime, Howard, Oakley, Pesh, m.johnson, Moore, lupoli, Biscard to name a few. A team that was organised and won 6 I think on the bounce.

As yet we have not had a squad or team since then anyway near as good as that one, unless I have missed where we have finished higher than 12th since.

The team that played in prem though was very different from the one that went up, which you would expect. However we replaced ordinary players with total cack ones, we never brought in the quality you needed to compete at that level.

We sold jones, had lost Barnes, and Johnson, and our strike force had as less firepower than Tyson. We also had a manager who was more intent on building his ego in the close season than the team.

Archived