Champions league group draws

ramexpat

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kris Commons is going to be playing against Barcelona... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

And people were saying that his move to Celtic was a step down and that he should have stayed here playing for a midtable NPC side..

Midtable NPC side playing away to Bristol City on a tuesday night or a European side playing Barcelona and Benfica on a Tuesday night..

All it takes is for him to have one good game against these and he'll attract attention from all over Europe..

I hope this now puts to bed the ridiculous notion that Celtic is a step down from the NPC.. It isn't.

Hell get 6 games in Europe then it will be back to playing in the arse end of nowhere.

Of those 6 games and 2 will be against glamorous opponents.

4.. Benfica isn't glamorous? A 60,000 seater stadium playing against quality players?

Do you think Bryson or Ben Davies will ever have the opportunity to face the likes of Xavi, Messi, Iniesta etc. in a competitive game? How do you think they'll fare?

As easy as they come for United in the Champions League, and Arsenal have a decent one too.

PSG are a dark horse this year. They won't be test greatly in the group stages either.

Almost feel sorry for Ajax. A once great club that's going to be a punch bag for the other three teams.

German football is still underrated, but when Dortmund come to Eastlands and take the game to them I hope that view is evaluated. It's not the Bayen Munich show anymore.

4.. Benfica isn't glamorous? A 60,000 seater stadium playing against quality players?

Do you think Bryson or Ben Davies will ever have the opportunity to face the likes of Xavi, Messi, Iniesta etc. in a competitive game? How do you think they'll fare?

Are Bryson and Ben Davies comparable to each other?

They're both midfielders who have come from smaller clubs?

I suppose, but one is out worst midfielder, the other is one of our best.

Bryson might end up going to Celtic when he's done with us. He's exactly the sort of player they end up going for as a squad player, so he would do just as good as anyone for Celtic against Barca - ie, probably not very.

Ben Davies? Don't talk to me about Ben Davies. Can't pass forwards, longer than 10 yards, can't run with a football, take a man on, or run quickly...wow, the thought of him playing at the Nou Camp is terrifying!

As easy as they come for United in the Champions League, and Arsenal have a decent one too.

PSG are a dark horse this year. They won't be test greatly in the group stages either.

Almost feel sorry for Ajax. A once great club that's going to be a punch bag for the other three teams.

German football is still underrated, but when Dortmund come to Eastlands and take the game to them I hope that view is evaluated. It's not the Bayen Munich show anymore.

PSG dark horses.... dark horses for relegation at the moment...! I have seen a couple of their games this season, they are absolutley rubbish and long may it continue.

PSG dark horses.... dark horses for relegation at the moment...! I have seen a couple of their games this season, they are absolutley rubbish and long may it continue.

They're a bit like City were when they first got their money, only with better players.

They're crap at the minute, granted, but I would expect them to swing fully in to life by winter. They've got to. Either Ancelotti will be gone by then or they'll be sorted.

But I agree, long may it continue! Would absolutely love them to fail again.

And people were saying that his move to Celtic was a step down and that he should have stayed here playing for a midtable NPC side..

Midtable NPC side playing away to Bristol City on a tuesday night or a European side playing Barcelona and Benfica on a Tuesday night..

All it takes is for him to have one good game against these and he'll attract attention from all over Europe..

I hope this now puts to bed the ridiculous notion that Celtic is a step down from the NPC.. It isn't.

Wouldn't say it's a step down, but it's no better than equal to the Championship.

And anyway, when playing for a mid table Championship side, he scored against Man United. Not bad going, scoring against one of the best teams in world football?

Commons will be back down to earth when Celtic are out and he's back facing St Mirren.

With regard to Bryson playing against Barcelona - whilever they dole out a CL spot to a Scottish team, he's always got a chance. He's not a million miles away from Celtic standard now.

The only advantage the SPL has over the Championship is the European lure. That's it. Other than that it's a complete career cop out to win a few easy trophies.

You say "that's it", but it's a pretty big "it".

I'd play at St Mirren every day of the weak if it meant I had the chance to prove myself against one of the best teams ever. Would almost be worth it just to swap shirts with Messi.

Celtic aren't even that bad in the CL. Batch are the only team to ever beat them at home in the group stages. Last time they played Benfica there they turned them over. Not bad for a team similar to our level (actually, would be very interesting to throw a Championship team in the Champions League!)

They're a bit like City were when they first got their money, only with better players.

They're crap at the minute, granted, but I would expect them to swing fully in to life by winter. They've got to. Either Ancelotti will be gone by then or they'll be sorted.

But I agree, long may it continue! Would absolutely love them to fail again.

Ancelotti is on the edge, if they dont win this weekend i think he will be gone, which will be hillarious.

Ain't Celtic just a club you go to to collect trophies and stand a chance of playing Real, Milan, Barca, Bayern etc if you can beat the Champions of Azerbaijan?

They play in a league worst than the Championship. To actually test my ability I'd rather play here. But to masquerade as a top player I'd play for Celtic. I can see the appeal.

Plus you get to mock Falkland war casualties and call the British Army terrorists. You can also celebrate IRA bombing anniversaries. Or is that just the fans?

Archived