Possible New Head Coach?

DerbyPride12

with all the speculation in the last few weeks I cannot believe Derby FC would put them selves in a position of not having a manager already lined up to replace Steve,especially with their apparent determination to null his contract.If they haven't already decided on a new manager and got him to agree then they really have shown a great deal nievety and poor management .I can only assume a new manger will be announced very shortly,if not I hope their plan B is better than Stevens.

I personally believe Clement will be joining as no other possible candidates in my opinion are better or equal to Steve as a coach.Clement may be unproven but would surely be high profile appointment with expectations of bringing excellent coaching and development skills to the game,presumably with ambitions and good contacts within the game that may suit are ambitions.

Lets face it WArbuton ,alladice, and co would be a backward step in my opinion

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​reckon you're safely clear of  'arry mate. We're a bit far from Canford Cliffs and he doesn't like leaving Sandra to walk the dogs. Plus I don't think he could handle working in an environment where the owner was too "hand on" otherwise his 10% stash might be discovered in the tea urn (allegedly :))

Theres some other worrying names on there for me. But maybe we'll do a Norwich and bring someone in nobody had ever heard of who turns out quite good!

Harry is still messing about on his jetty that backs on to Poole harbour. I wave at him every day from my garden office. He's not coming to Derby. 

Four years would be a massive risk and if it didn't work out I reckon we'd be stuck with him. If the board have shelled out close to £2mil for Mac to go, that would be nearly £10mil gone on manager sackings if things went tits up and sacking was necessary.

On the other hand, if he's a revelation we either get to keep a manager in contract for 4 years minimum, or a bigger club will pay big money to take him from us.

Archived