Is it time for Warnock?

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​The conclusion we came to in the car last night was that was perhaps time for a Warnock-Albentosa-A.N.Other-Shotton back 4, with A.N.Other being perm any one from Keogh/Bucko/Hanson, purely on the grounds that it hadn't been tried yet.

I don't profess to have any great knowledge about football coaching/tactics/scouting, unlike many on here - apart from the fact that Webster-Todd-McFarland-Nish was a pretty good back line and no matter how unfair it may be, and how many allowances I make, our current back four will always be compared to those four gentlemen.

​The conclusion we came to in the car last night was that was perhaps time for a Warnock-Albentosa-A.N.Other-Shotton back 4, with A.N.Other being perm any one from Keogh/Bucko/Hanson, purely on the grounds that it hadn't been tried yet.

I don't profess to have any great knowledge about football coaching/tactics/scouting, unlike many on here - apart from the fact that Webster-Todd-McFarland-Nish was a pretty good back line and no matter how unfair it may be, and how many allowances I make, our current back four will always be compared to those four gentlemen.

Giving the ball away will happen occasionally.

we can't drop someone everytime that happens.

He played reasonably well apart from the two errors.

he seems careless at times though.

i'm not sure why we signed warnock really. Did he really come here just to be on standby in case of injury?

i'd be disappointed if Grant survives for another game though.

​I thought at the time as the ball rolled towards Ince with an empty net in front of him "Well, the ref MUST be going to send the defender off then, because it was a clear goalscoring opportunity - fair enough". To not even book the defender - well, I still cannot work that one out.

Thought Keogh was good. Shows how much we are missing Martin.

Time for Fozzy to have a rest and get a long term future replacement for Grant as he has been rather average second half of the season. He could have saved the first goal instead of letting it go under him. And the second one was just bizarre. 

Forsyth is statistically the best LB in the division, yesterday was a poor mistake admitted but he has been our most consistent defender this year. Also no need to rest him there is an international break soon.

Forsyth is one of the best, if not the best defensive LBs in the league. Would be mad to drop him on the back of one mistake. When Matt Ritchie has to swap wings because he's getting absolutely no luck down our left hand side, you feel pretty confident. Most of the time he's alright going forward as well.

Suggesting it's "time" for all sorts of U21 and fringe players reminds me of the mid-table years, when the answer to unlocking a top 6 finish would be players like Callum Ball and David Martin.

same category as Ball and David Martin?!? bit much.

Warnock got off on the wrong foot (literally) with his red card and that caused all the "dirty Leeds" jibes etc.

Defensively we need experience for this vital run in. I love Forsyth when he's whipping balls in up top but its going the other way which concerns me.

He is however a winger converted as a LB so i struggle to 100% fault him. 

Ex prem, England and captain of a fellow Championship side - it could be the bit of know-how we need for the remainders.

same category as Ball and David Martin?!? bit much.

Warnock got off on the wrong foot (literally) with his red card and that caused all the "dirty Leeds" jibes etc.

Defensively we need experience for this vital run in. I love Forsyth when he's whipping balls in up top but its going the other way which concerns me.

He is however a winger converted as a LB so i struggle to 100% fault him. 

Ex prem, England and captain of a fellow Championship side - it could be the bit of know-how we need for the remainders.

​I wasn't putting him in the same category as Martin and Ball, just saying when the going gets tough, there always seems to be a player on the bench that's the answer to our prayers.

If you told me Forsyth was a CB converted into a LB, I'd probably believe you. Don't let yesterday's mistake cloud the fact he's brilliantly defensively - his weakness is going forward. But Warnock is hardly Roberto Carlos.

Archived