American players for Derby

AmericanRam

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember being pleased when we signed Ian Feuer (on loan from memory?) He'd played a few years back against us for Luton and was unbelievably good. My in laws are all Luton fans and raved about him. I only remember him playing 1 match for us though, a night game I think and he just looked shaky, weak kicking and instilled zero confidence. Did I imagine all this? I'm suddenly doubting all of this, someone is going to put stats up and he didn't play for us at all and I'll look a right tool.

Harkes might have missed a sitter at Wembley but that was nothing compared to Paul Williams ducking under a header on his own fooking goal line......

Indeed Jossie ducked. After a ridiculous foul on Martin Taylor that went unpunished. Just as well none of us is bitter...

I remember being pleased when we signed Ian Feuer (on loan from memory?) He'd played a few years back against us for Luton and was unbelievably good. My in laws are all Luton fans and raved about him. I only remember him playing 1 match for us though, a night game I think and he just looked shaky, weak kicking and instilled zero confidence. Did I imagine all this? I'm suddenly doubting all of this, someone is going to put stats up and he didn't play for us at all and I'll look a right tool.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Feuer

Nah he made 2 apps for Derby....so you not going senile...yet :)

He lacked a certain level of 'devilment' which i think you need in this country.

Good luck to him - but he was not suited to the english game imo.

Fair enough mate.Altidore seems to be having issues with English game also.At least Dempsey,McBride,and some others adapted pretty well.

Indeed Jossie ducked. After a ridiculous foul on Martin Taylor that went unpunished. Just as well none of us is bitter...

Has he ever explained what the fook he was doing?

I unfortunately agree. Should have went to college first.

But what do you do? I hear the Professors in the College system over there ain't much cop. Supposedly one wrote Dumbass on his first assignment. You couldn't make it up.

would go out on a limb and say Doyle was played out of position here every time he was on the pitch for our first team. Used to bang the goals in for our reserves didn't he? but he was slower than Chris Martin yet played out wide?

Would have liked to have seen him in the correct position, might have been cr4p, might have been steady. 

Archived