Whitbread

AmericanRam

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't really blame Whitbread for their second. Yes, it should've gone into the stands, but he can't help it if the referee allows Kenwyne Jones to rugby tackle him once the ball has gone.

What I can blame Whitbread for is getting beaten at the back post for their first. He's a big lad and there's no way he should be letting the ball come back across the box like that. The worse thing was that Cardiff pulled that set piece routine twice more after their goal and Whitbread was again beaten in the air.

I can't really blame Whitbread for their second. Yes, it should've gone into the stands, but he can't help it if the referee allows Kenwyne Jones to rugby tackle him once the ball has gone.

What I can blame Whitbread for is getting beaten at the back post for their first. He's a big lad and there's no way he should be letting the ball come back across the box like that. The worse thing was that Cardiff pulled that set piece routine twice more after their goal and Whitbread was again beaten in the air.

I saw it the same.

My initial reaction was that Whitbread was fouled on the touchline, but he should maybe have cleared it before then.

The 2nd was poor, he should have at least backed into the player if he couldn't get his head to it.

None of it would have mattered if we'd have put away a couple of the first half chances though.

• 3 weeks later...

From today's DET about Whitbread and his aspirations to make USA squad:

Derby County defender Zak Whitbread says he has not given up hope of playing international football for the United States.

Whitbread, who was born in Texas, has represented the USA at youth level but is yet to be capped by the senior side.

The centre-back is hoping that if he can earn an extended run in the Rams team, he can catch the eye of national boss Jurgen Klinsmann.

From today's DET about Whitbread and his aspirations to make USA squad:

Derby County defender Zak Whitbread says he has not given up hope of playing international football for the United States.

Whitbread, who was born in Texas, has represented the USA at youth level but is yet to be capped by the senior side.

The centre-back is hoping that if he can earn an extended run in the Rams team, he can catch the eye of national boss Jurgen Klinsmann.

Archived