Johnny Russell

Ramchope

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have to say that Derby County ought to be a very attractive proposition for a striker who can score goals, but has to prove himself in England. With the amount of sitters that our strikers missed last season, you would expect that anyone with a decent finish could expect 25+. And Hughes and Hendrick are both another year more experienced. 

I have a good feeling about this transfer, and next season if we get Russell, Forsyth and a decent partner for Keogh, and keep Brayford, Hughes and Hendrick...and don't try to accommodate Bryson in a silly unbalanced formation.

Definitely, we create more than enough chances to smash teams and see most if not all of our matches out. It's been so frustrating but then again it has been for years... I really hope we pull it off and he gets us out of this mess, like you say if he thinks he can and he fancies making a name for himself down here then we are the ones to do it with.

I think we have one of the most creative teams in the league, I think a fox in the box would prosper at this club - so much.

Ward did (when fit) and could of had 25 goals easily this season, only highlights Sammon's importance and what he has done this season! 

:(

What you worried for? It is a done deal if the DUFC manager has come out to the local papers. They are probally a little behind with the swapping of deals through the required sources due to so much red tape.

I also think that the personal terms have been sorted before He went on holiday it's a done deal...

:) Cheer up and COYR it's a good season coming I feel it coming.....

What you worried for? It is a done deal if the DUFC manager has come out to the local papers. They are probally a little behind with the swapping of deals through the required sources due to so much red tape.

I also think that the personal terms have been sorted before He went on holiday it's a done deal...

:) Cheer up and COYR it's a good season coming I feel it coming.....

Just seems strange and a little tedious IMO, as I said after all this... the fan backlash would inevitably come if we don't sign him - I personally would be able to wait and see, but the nature of football fans is that they would want a quick response.

Remember the Shackell situation, we don't need another one of them! 

Celtic remain in pole position to sign Dundee United striker Johnny Russell.

That despite the 20-goal front man being subject of a second offer from Championship side Derby County over the weekend.

The Tangerines rejected the Rams second bid, believed to be just under £700,000, out of hand as it did not meet their valuation of the 23-year-old.

And with Hoops boss Neil Lennon and chief executive Peter Lawwell keeping a keen eye on proceedings at Tannadice, Russell’s most likely destination this summer is still set to be Parkhead.

County, managed by Nigel Clough, are desperate to land a striker to aid their dreams of a top-flight return.

Weeks of negotiations have resulted in two separate bids for Russell, the first three weeks ago was believed to be around the £650,000 mark.

However, boyhood Celtic fan Russell is valued much higher by United chairman Stephen Thompson, who is likely to hold out for more cash, despite the striker being out of contract next summer.

It is believed Celtic are still primed and ready to move to match any bid from England.

Lennon, a big admirer of Russell, sees him as the ideal cut-price replacement for England-bound Gary Hooper.

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/sport/dundee-united/celtic-favourites-to-secure-russell-1.98864?

Who is our next target?

Tbh if Celtic are really interested Russell will go there. Move on. 

If the DUFC manager has said it's a done deal then why wouldn't it be?

It is a done deal and i'm sure its all in hand just paperwork going through.

Celtic are waiting to see with Hooper.

Why would he come out and say it was done and move on to his new target if it wasn't a forgone conclusion. ?

Negativity all the time. why do some fans always expect the worst, some people can't just be happy that we have reached the correct amount. There has to be something dodgy going on...

All this we won't make it to the playoffs is a joke. Just calm down and watch the team build.

Russell, Grant, Forsyth and Martin will be brilliant team players the future is looking bright..

COYR!!!!!!!!

Negativity all the time. why do some fans always expect the worst, some people can't just be happy that we have reached the correct amount. There has to be something dodgy going on...

All this we won't make it to the playoffs is a joke. Just calm down and watch the team build.

Russell, Grant, Forsyth and Martin will be brilliant team players the future is looking bright..

COYR!!!!!!!!

You should post more often.

Great attitude! 

Archived