Johnny Russell

Ramchope

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where would that leave Wardy?

NC has already said that he intends to rotate his strikers more next season so it will probably be any 2 from 4 in any given game. He said that we had too many games this season when strikers were not fresh enough because they had been starting nearly every game.

NC has already said that he intends to rotate his strikers more next season so it will probably be any 2 from 4 in any given game. He said that we had too many games this season when strikers were not fresh enough because they had been starting nearly every game.

In that case maybe he shouldn't have sent out Ball, Tyson and Robinson on loan then.

You can probably conclude that he thought a tired Ward, Sammon or Martin is better than a fresh Theo, Tyson or Ball :)

Must have done.

We will be fine once Martin and Sammon realise that the main job of a centre forward is to put the ball in the net.

Must have done.

We will be fine once Martin and Sammon realise that the main job of a centre forward is to put the ball in the net.

Football is a team game. Our team with Sammon scored 65 goals. Palace with Murray scored 73 goals & Blackburn with Rhodes scored 56 goals. If an addition such as Russell or Vaughan can give the team another few goals on top and a new keeper and central defender can keep a few out.................. Job done. Far too much emphasis on a prolific "Centre Forward" in my view.

I know, I'm just saying IF we miss out on them two and sign Waghorn.

I wouldn't be to disappointed but coming out publicly and stating that Vaughan and now Russell are our number 1 targets and then not signing either and signing a striker on what a believe is a free transfer would be quite annoying, especially considering Sam Rush did state the striker would be exciting

I wouldn't be to disappointed but coming out publicly and stating that Vaughan and now Russell are our number 1 targets and then not signing either and signing a striker on what a believe is a free transfer would be quite annoying, especially considering Sam Rush did state the striker would be exciting

Are ANY of the strikers we talk about genuinely exciting? I've been swept up in a wave of hype from this forum about Russell so I'll be excited... But my dad won't know who the guy is... Does it count as exciting if you're talking about a guy who has had a single season as a striker in a very ordinary team in Scotland? He ain't exactly a household name...

I'm excited by both. Both much better than what we currently have and what we've had for years

I'm excited by both too... Just not sure they're "exciting" signings to the average Derby fan? (Assuming we're all a bit too obsessed)

Archived