Johnny Russell

Ramchope

"Everybody knows that traditionally Derby County is a huge club in England. It is a Premier League club in the Championship with a good manager, good players and a big fan base."

If his Agent is saying that then what are you all worrying about...

"Of course, if another club showed an interest and met Dundee United's valuation of the player. Like I said, nothing has been signed."

Johnny, Sign up with football genius Daryl instead!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its only bloody Thursday dinner. Fancy timing these negotiations to conclude in all likelyhood when the lad has jetted off on his hols

We are going to have at least 4 more days of this panic striken 'celtic are going to nip in, nothing's signed yet' stuff. I'd like to put my hat in the ring and say that this thread will reach 200 pages. Anyone else?

In what way was Celtic getting to the last 16 of the Champion's League a one off? Celtic have reached the last 16 three times in the space of six years. Not bad for a team in a "pub league". Your original post was stupid, and then your follow up post was even sillier. Care to check your facts next time you post?

Nah, I used to, but found you only get on on this board if you make up stuff without bothering to check facts, then present it as fact, then continue to argue the non-truth as if it were fact  :)

I am not worried about Celtic anymore. It is that agents interview I am worried about. Seems to be good news followed by bad at the minute.

I'm not worried by Celtic because they are a pub team, play in a pub league and never, ever get in the Champions League, eh Biffy?  ;)

The first post was in regards to somebody talking utter garbage, which they were. Factually he was completely wrong. The second post was in regards to a guy thinking that saying the words "haggis" and "deep fried mars bars" whenever Scotland is mentioned was in anyway funny. It is not funny in the slightest.

Don't worry about it, just a bit of general stereotyping, we get called lots of names, mainly sheep related ones. The vast majority on here know very little and pay almost no attention to the spl, not a dig, that's just how it is so please don't be offended if the scottish related humour is a little unimaginative. That said it does sound like you might have seen more of Russell than most on here so please do share your opinions

Palace have apparently had a bid accepted for that Portugese striker Celtic wanted....

Palace are a bigger team than celtic to..........

The first post was in regards to somebody talking utter garbage, which they were. Factually he was completely wrong. The second post was in regards to a guy thinking that saying the words "haggis" and "deep fried mars bars" whenever Scotland is mentioned was in anyway funny. It is not funny in the slightest.

Now,now,keep you're skirt / kilt on.

God,next you'll be wanting you're own parliament ;-)

Don't worry about it, just a bit of general stereotyping, we get called lots of names, mainly sheep related ones. The vast majority on here know very little and pay almost no attention to the spl, not a dig, that's just how it is so please don't be offended if the scottish related humour is a little unimaginative. That said it does sound like you might have seen more of Russell than most on here so please do share your opinions

It's the general unimaginitiveness that I was taking umbrage with. You wouldn't think we had been in a union for 300 years, eh? The first thing a lot English people think of when they hear Scotland is "Mars bar supper" or haggis. It's actually quite funny, because it's such a cliche! Anyway,sorry for going off topic.

Johnny Russell is a guy that could exell in the Chamionship. Craig Bryson is quite a slender being, but seems to have adapted rather well in a league which is made up of fairly tall, heavy set guys. Russell's main abillity, in my opinion, is his pace and yearn to run at players and basically go for goal. His great strike in the Tayside Derby is quite a good example of this. He's got quite a neat first touch as well, and is always buzzing about the box, being in the right place at the right time. He's a really exciting player, who seems to have a wee bit intelligence about him. The complete opposite of former strike partner Goodwillie in that regard. For every dud that has came from the SPL (Goodwillie et al) there is somebody like Fletcher or McCormack. I think Russell will be in the latter camp.

TobyWanKenobi

From the reports, it seems like all the financial parts are agreed, he just needs to decide if Derby is the place for him. He's on holiday, so all we are getting is ******** from his agent.

I don't doubt that when we get him in Derby next week, and he looks around the ground and Moor Farm for the first time, he will be sold. If we have a clever management team, they might even get a few of our Scots to greet him, and get the chauffeur to pass the bloody great big Bonnie Prince Charlie Statue we have in Derby.

It's just a matter of if another team decides to try and hojack the deal before then. Celtic looks doubtful, if they wanted him, they would have made their move by now I suspect, and I now doubt he would want to move to Italy.

It's the general unimaginitiveness that I was taking umbrage with. You wouldn't think we had been in a union for 300 years, eh? The first thing a lot English people think of when they hear Scotland is "Mars bar supper" or haggis. It's actually quite funny, because it's such a cliche! Anyway,sorry for going off topic.

Johnny Russell is a guy that could exell in the Chamionship. Craig Bryson is quite a slender being, but seems to have adapted rather well in a league which is made up of fairly tall, heavy set guys. Russell's main abillity, in my opinion, is his pace and yearn to run at players and basically go for goal. His great strike in the Tayside Derby is quite a good example of this. He's got quite a neat first touch as well, and is always buzzing about the box, being in the right place at the right time. He's a really exciting player, who seems to have a wee bit intelligence about him. The complete opposite of former strike partner Goodwillie in that regard. For every dud that has came from the SPL (Goodwillie et al) there is somebody like Fletcher or McCormack. I think Russell will be in the latter camp.

I know what you mean, although in fairness it is not just the scots, we do the same with ozzies, yanks, irish, germans etc, might be unimaginative but we are non discriminatory.

Thanks for the review, as you might be able to tell we are quite excited by this one despite the fact all we have to go off is a few youtube clips, nice to hear he could be worth the wait

It's sunny at the moment so the transition will be nicer from Tenerife to Derby than from Tenerife to Glasgow;)

It's very hot up here. The parks are bustling. It's lovely. You shoul come up sometime.

There is no such thing as a free transfer in modern football.

But harry was just complaining about not being able to sign bridge, he is quoted as saying, I am not asking them to spend money, we would get him on a free, surely a man once touted as england manager cannot be wrong!

But harry was just complaining about not being able to sign bridge, he is quoted as saying, I am not asking them to spend money, we would get him on a free, surely a man once touted as england manager cannot be wrong!

"Agent fees" become the transfer fee for these players and most transfers in the top 2 divisions are done through agents.

Archived