Cloughie's interview on Wednesday, Mcfarland and Glick

PrivateDerby

Nigels post match interview on ramsplayer is brill.

Basically he said he's p*ssed off with a couple of players for not seeing the game out due to niavity.

Some of the lads that were here last season have stopped doing it and we should have done enough to see it out.

Brayford not started well, Roberts magnificent.

Doesn't want to adopt a negative attitude just because we concede late goals.

Tyson's got a whack on his ankle.

The interview finishes, then he inturupts and asks to speak about the 40 years ago (yesterday) first division championship winning team.

Says he was dissapointed having them there because they would have 'eaten up the game' and Roy Mcfarland would have seen the game out. Roy stuck his head in the changing rooms to wish them luck and Brian used to call him 'vicious'

Then on glick, he says we have skimped and saved for 4 years and it will be nice for him to go somewhere where there's a few quid!

Sorry if you've watched it, just thought it was good and he made me laugh abit 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be p*ssed off if I was him, I think he's to soft of the players at times.

The amount of times he's told them to kick the ball in the corner when there's 1-2 minutes to go and we're only 1 goal a head is ridicules.

I'm not one to blame just one player for conceding a goal, but it was Jeff Hendrick who tried to pass it our of danger when there was only 1 minute left of normal time, he gave the ball away, they scored.

And you can't really blame that on in-experience either, he's had a whole season in the Championship.

Hopefully they will just learn from the mistakes and move on! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Yeah we'll be alrate,

Only conceded 3 at Northampton, 3 at Chesterfield, 5 against Ssausagehorpe and 2 against Weds...

And still only lost one of them matches...

The opposition cant score if the ball is in the stand deep in their half

But they can if they take the throw in, have no pressure on them and can therefore punt is straight back into our box.

The opposition can't score if we have possession of the ball.

We lost at Chesterfield and against Ssausagehorpe (regardless of it being on pens).

How is that just one game?

I don't really class a 5 all draw as a loss but take your point.

My point was we are conceding a lot but scoring a lot too.

Whether you agre with the "boot it in the corners" mentality or not, you can't judge it's effectiveness until its done properly, and clearly it isn't now.

If players did listen and did as they were told - which is what they are paid a lot of money to do - then we would have three points on board. I do have great sympathy with Clough.

Id love us to play total football from whistle to whistle but it's not happening, clearly. Least you can expect the players to do is do the other way properly.

re: cloughs interview... i liked what he said... i think he praises people when they do well , gives them a bit of flack if they dont. but to hear the way he talked about the championship winners... you could tell he remembered it really fondly.... i'm too young... by a long way.... but he's actually a derby fan int he. i dont agree with his subs yesterday.... invited pressure and that but.... might have a certain striker to batter bolton (wrong thread) on tuesday and all is forgotten.

I would be p*ssed off if I was him, I think he's to soft of the players at times.

The amount of times he's told them to kick the ball in the corner when there's 1-2 minutes to go and we're only 1 goal a head is ridicules.

I'm not one to blame just one player for conceding a goal, but it was Jeff Hendrick who tried to pass it our of danger when there was only 1 minute left of normal time, he gave the ball away, they scored.

And you can't really blame that on in-experience either, he's had a whole season in the Championship.

Hopefully they will just learn from the mistakes and move on! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I would be more annoyed at the two poor aerial challenges we put in for the equaliser. I think it was Brayford who didn't even jump for the initial header.

It would be lovely to instil more confidence in the side - kicking to the corners is the sign of a lack of self-belief and smacks of desperation. Scoring another goal is always a good way to defend a one-goal lead.

I would be more annoyed at the two poor aerial challenges we put in for the equaliser. I think it was Brayford who didn't even jump for the initial header.

It would be lovely to instil more confidence in the side - kicking to the corners is the sign of a lack of self-belief and smacks of desperation. Scoring another goal is always a good way to defend a one-goal lead.

Also smacks of a team without the legs left to make the movement of possession football. Clough asks so much of his players in his games they get completely knackered by the 75th minute in most games and we almost have to play the ugly stuff.

I thought we made great efforts to improve fitness this preseason but then Ssausagehorpe game appears to have hurt the team physically too.

Hope we find some fitness but I can see the same patterns as last season emerging. The encouraging thing, however, is we play nicer football before we die to death of tiredness.

Whether you agre with the "boot it in the corners" mentality or not, you can't judge it's effectiveness until its done properly, and clearly it isn't now.

If players did listen and did as they were told - which is what they are paid a lot of money to do - then we would have three points on board. I do have great sympathy with Clough.

Id love us to play total football from whistle to whistle but it's not happening, clearly. Least you can expect the players to do is do the other way properly.

That is something that we will never know now but with 4 minutes of injury time to be played I dare say that we would have leaked at least one more chance.

It seems to me and i made this point weeks ago,that we have a problem with strength in depth plus the fact that

our younger players can't play 180 mins a week.Plus the fact that they have limited experiance at the moment

and can't be expected to make instant correct decisions every time.I think they are doing well.

Archived