Cloughie's interview on Wednesday, Mcfarland and Glick

PrivateDerby

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know a lot of people moan about interviews always being the same generic responses. Then when Nigel gives honest answers (cywka, Hendrick) people criticise him for blasting players in public.

I don't get it. I'm sure he says a lot worse to players than he says to us. I bet the last thing Cywka/Hendrick gave a toss about was what Clough said to us while they were trying to recover Nigels shoe from their backsides.

Whether you agree with his view on the game is one thing, but his interviews show he cares and that he is making himself known in the dressing room. Unless he was lovely to Cywka before his radio rant? I doubt that.

I love the bloke. I hate some stuff he does but I know he's one of us.

I'm sick of hearing

'it's a massive club'

'obviously it's nice to score but it's more important that.....'

'We just let our foot off the gas...'

'.......what it means to this football club'

'..... Just have to move on and look to the next game'

etc

At least Clough actually had some content. And Warnock. Slimy 'orrible Cnut that he is. He actually says what's on his mind.

Not some scripted bloody losers/winners speech to accompany the match coverage.

I can tell exactly what Dave Jones said. And I haven't read a single word from him. Gods honest.

I don't mind the honesty but I'd rather not hear him laying into players in public. By all means rip them a new one in private, but he doesn't need to name names in interviews. He can criticise the performance without picking out individuals. IMO.

hear the way he talked about the championship winners... you could tell he remembered it really fondly.... i'm too young... by a long way.... but he's actually a derby fan int he.

He was 6 years old when we won the league the first time, and he used to kick a kick about with the players.

Cloughie said dave mackay taught nigel how to kick a ball, so he probably is very fond of them.

Besides being great players, they are all really nice people too.

Archived