Bolton Wanderers v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he's dropped Bailey as well I'll be spitting feathers.

Fielding

Brayford

Roberts

Buckenbauer

Keogh

Coutts

Bryson

Hendrick

Hughes

Sammon

Tyson

Bench:

Legzdins

Gjokaj

O'Connor

Jacobs

Bennett

Doyle

Ward

That'd be my guess now. The question though really is can Ward be left out? Maybe Hughes on the right with Ward on the left... I guess if Nigel wanted to have a different option on the bench, Doyle can play on the right, whilst Theo is a striker. If Ward or Tyson were on the bench, you'd not want to limit your options by bringing 3 strikers on the bench (Theo, Bennett and Ward), so I can see why he'd have Doyle there. Personally I'd still rather see Theo on the bench though, a very useful player. We'll see what the team is later...

Also, if Sammon is cleared to play, I'd rate it at no chance at all that he won't start. He won't be on the bench...

Guessing games here then

Fielding, Roberts, Buxton, Keogh, Brayford, Hughes, Hendrick, Bryson, Coutts, Ward, Tyson

Legzdins, O'Conner, Gjokaj, Jacobs, Bennett, Doyle, Sammon

I think he'll rest Hughes, bring Ward in on the left and push Conor straight up front with Tyson buzzing around him. I can't see us paying a million quid to have him on the bench.

So basically swap Sammon and Hughes around and I think you're spot on.

Guessing games here then

Fielding, Roberts, Buxton, Keogh, Brayford, Hughes, Hendrick, Bryson, Coutts, Ward, Tyson

Legzdins, O'Conner, Gjokaj, Jacobs, Bennett, Doyle, Sammon

I think that about right but Salmon will start, maybe in front of Ward or Hughes with Ward moving left

No Ben Davies

No Tom Naylor.

Heard Saul Deeney is not going either

Clough out.

Clough actually doesnt get much stick about Davies saying he chased him for about a year.

Could be becasue he's managed to stay on the fringes even when he's been left out. I thought he would struggle to get back in then he came on and turned the game vs Brum and managed to keep ticking over after that.

I do think we've decided we need better than Bavies to progress but I still think he's got a bit of role to play, he might do quite well finding Sammons head if and when he gets back in.

Archived