Number 9 - Nathan "God" Tyson

Ambitious

Take your point but how many times has he had opportunities like theo? none, because cloughs played him on the wing. I think he'll need to adapt his game. The salesman bit made me laugh, have you never seen the apprentice? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Utter nonsense Tyson has been played in a striker position plenty of times. I watched it when I was younger but it quickly bored me 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> face it Tyson really underperformed last season and that is why people have a problem with his performences. If he does well this year it shall be forgotten but if he doesn't he should go.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utter nonsense Tyson has been played in a striker position plenty of times. I watched it when I was younger but it quickly bored me 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> face it Tyson really underperformed last season and that is why people have a problem with his performences. If he does well this year it shall be forgotten but if he doesn't he should go.

I never said he didn't underperform, any striker who plays 23 times in a season should get a few goals; however, he played out wide for most of the games I saw last season, so I don't think was given a proper chance at scoring. Also, it doesn't help when a minority just shout at him when he misses, as if that's going to to help his confidence. Hope he will do it, so that we will forget his first season and remember it for the right reasons.

I never said he didn't underperform, any striker who plays 23 times in a season should get a few goals; however, he played out wide for most of the games I saw last season, so I don't think was given a proper chance at scoring. Also, it doesn't help when a minority just shout at him when he misses, as if that's going to to help his confidence. Hope he will do it, so that we will forget his first season and remember it for the right reasons.

He also played as a striker rather a lot, no it doesn't help but if he always misses then people will get annoyed. I hope he does well but his goalscoring record at any club except wycombe in league 2 is dire to say the least. I know you didn't day that he didn't underperform I was simply saying that is why people have a problem with him.

He's got nothing to turn round - he's barely played!!

He looked ok to me in the games he did feature in but he's not really been used as an out and out striker, so I'm not expecting goals. I still think he shouldn't have been signed, a crock from forest is going to have so much less time to settle in than any other player and that's been the case.

Hopeless is harsh but we've made some good offensive signings this summer, I struggle to see where there's a place for him here...

He looked ok to me in the games he did feature in but he's not really been used as an out and out striker, so I'm not expecting goals. I still think he shouldn't have been signed, a crock from forest is going to have so much less time to settle in than any other player and that's been the case.

Hopeless is harsh but we've made some good offensive signings this summer, I struggle to see where there's a place for him here...

At last a mature response.

Quote from Frank Fielding on todays official site :

“Theo cannot stop scoring, and that is what he is paid for.

I’m paid to stop goals going in, whereas he’s paid to score them."

On that basis, I wonder if we could have Sack Tyson for breach of contract.

If you include the friendlies were he hasnt scored, how many games is that now without a goal!??!?

I think Tyson will start up front with Ward as he the only striker who can really hold the ball up.

I like Tyson as he wins a lot of freekicks in dangerous places, always chases down balls, does read the game sometimes better than other players. If you actually watch him he sees a lot of space in behind the defence calls for it and goes the other way. Now how many times last season did we see Roberts hold the ball too long before passing to Ward down the line and with Brayford out we never really had any body who could utilise the through ball down the right hence everything went Wardys wing.

People forget some of his work has lead to goals. Yes strikers are normally noted for scoring goals but some link up better and can set up others up. Kuqi would never score a lot of goals at this level and we saw that with us but his efforts lead to goals. For Tyson I remember WHU at home over the XMAS period where Tyson had back to goal drew in two defenders then slipped pass to Ball who tucked the ball away. Ball is remembered for the goal but Tyson work in the box is forgotten.

Last season was a nightmare season for any player in his position. The demand placed on him coming by the fans was unrealistic when coming back of such a lengthy injury, never got started and fans never really gave him a chance for a few reasons ex-forest, the flag waving incident and did not agree with Clough signing him as a striker.

Having said this the striker role is still looking weak. I like Robinson cos you never know what he is going to do and I don't think he does 99% of the time which makes it exciting but realistically should be a last 20-30 minute player who comes on and really works the defence whilst improving his skills and alround game. Tyson we have discussed. Ward except for Chesterfield has not really played up front played more as Commons did in the last 6months in the attacking role or on the wing. Ball out on loan, Savies to be sold. For me I think this is possibly got be one of the weakest front lines as apart from Savies possibly who has only played a handful of games in 4 season none are really recognised as out and out goal scorers.

The board have said there would be funding to finance a striker last season and again we are talking about finding a striker but none coming. Maybe its time we took a gamble on someone from the lower leagues like other clubs have done. It won't cost a lot and wages would not be that much but maybe could turn our luck around in front of goal.

what role is nathan tyson going to play this season?

There is another thread on Tyson not too far down the list, but I imagine bench warmer with the occasional start and sub appearance with 30 minutes to go.

The mostly injured and seriously lacking any sort of form role i would suggest.

Until he learns how to score a goal. (he cant even score against league 2 and conference teams) then I wont have a lot of time for him.

Even the likes of Mickel Beck has better scoring records than this guy has for us.

The mostly injured and seriously lacking any sort of form role i would suggest.

Until he learns how to score a goal. (he cant even score against league 2 and conference teams) then I wont have a lot of time for him.

Even the likes of Mickel Beck has better scoring records than this guy has for us.

Mikkel Beck played up front for the 18-20 games he played for Derby and didn't have fans writing him off in pre-season. It helps apparently.

Mikkel Beck played up front for the 18-20 games he played for Derby and didn't have fans writing him off in pre-season. It helps apparently.

So he should score tonight then well done mate lifted the weight off all our shoulders

shame that we we have already seen what Tyson can do and base our opinions on the fact he has been dreadful almost every time he has pulled on the shirt (which is a damn site less frequent than him pulling up). I hope the role he plays is having his contract terminated by mutual consent- he must be about the highest paid player we have and frankly he should be embarrassed with his "contributions" thus far.

When (if) he plays I will be fully behind him as he plays for Derby County but I wish he didn't

Archived