Steve Nicholson Telegraph article

AndyB

You explain to an Apple fan how he's been ripped off by his overpriced, under-performing iPod/Pad/Phone/Mac and then you'll see how emotionally attached tech fans can get!

Hey hold on right there, my iMac, iPad and iPhone were not over priced and certainly not under performing!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I feel the same way as some people have already said.. it's more than the day out, the (lack of) quality, atmosphere etc.

If I wanted most of the above i'd be at the wrong place as DCFC this last decade has been nothing short of a joke in the main!

Why do fans deserve to know how much players are bought and sold for? What business is it of those of the finances of the company? Do we deserve to know the ins and outs, wages, finances and products bought and sold of Microsoft for example?

So I bought a shiny new Ipad because it said it will play films in HD, I get it home and it turns out not to be true becasue they didnt have the money to add that feature, you expect me to sit there and be happy, or should I be entitled to ask why this was not included ?

Nobody is asking to know the little details, just simple things like why sell your best CD when you said whilst I was spending my £450 he is going nowhere unless a silly money offer comes in. If the figure is not 1.1M, come out and deny it, people dont want much, just a little bit of honest transparency now and again.

So I bought a shiny new Ipad because it said it will play films in HD, I get it home and it turns out not to be true becasue they didnt have the money to add that feature, you expect me to sit there and be happy, or should I be entitled to ask why this was not included ?

Nobody is asking to know the little details, just simple things like why sell your best CD when you said whilst I was spending my £450 he is going nowhere unless a silly money offer comes in. If the figure is not 1.1M, come out and deny it, people dont want much, just a little bit of honest transparency now and again.

You should be angry and ask for your money back and simply never buy the product again.. You are entitled to ask why this feature is not included if it says that it is and is used as a major selling point... But... you are not entitled to know what they spent their money on in building the product or how much they've made in sales over a year.. Why are you entitled to this information?

Why is it anyones business how much Shackell was sold for? Why? I don't understand this.. Why are you as paying customers entitled to this information.. If Jobs comes out and says the new edition IPAD doesn't feature a camera despite being in the plans because it's sold off the rights to have it why do you as paying customers have a right to know how much it was sold for?

We can all question the deal.. I think it's a mistake personally and I don't quite understand it unless they improve the first team 11 with the money they get fom the sale.. But I'm not entitled to know exactly how much they got from him..

You should be angry and ask for your money back and simply never buy the product again.. You are entitled to ask why this feature is not included if it says that it is and is used as a major selling point... But... you are not entitled to know what they spent their money on in building the product or how much they've made in sales over a year.. Why are you entitled to this information?

Why is it anyones business how much Shackell was sold for? Why? I don't understand this.. Why are you as paying customers entitled to this information.. If Jobs comes out and says the new edition IPAD doesn't feature a camera despite being in the plans because it's sold off the rights to have it why do you as paying customers have a right to know how much it was sold for?

We can all question the deal.. I think it's a mistake personally and I don't quite understand it unless they improve the first team 11 with the money they get fom the sale.. But I'm not entitled to know exactly how much they got from him..

Correct you are not entitled to the answer but you would ask the questions and be pretty peed off and as you say you wouldnt but that product again. With apple though there are other brands that you would go out and buy instead, and the company would be serious trouble if it lost its customer base, so they would make sure they included any function they said they would in pre sales.

With Derby, there are no other brands, and people who buy season on season tickets, cant just switch off and demand there money back, they are fully entitled to ask what is happening, they are emotionaly involved within the club, no the club dont have to answer the questions, but by not doing so all it does is leave youself to be shot at.

Just because your emotionally involved in something doesn't give you the right to know businesses facts and figures.

I will support DCFC whoever plays for them or doesn't.

People complaining we've not signed anyone, theres a million of reasons why not. Maybe our target is on holiday. Maybe he's having a medical right this second.

All I know is Nigel is passionate about Derby County and that cannot be disproved. He loves the club. He would not have stood by and sold Shackell if he didn't think it was the best thing for the team. And he's the manager of a championship team and none of us are, so I think we should trust his judgement.

And again, 1.1million was a figure first quoted on twitter by some second rate journo and everyone has jumped on the bandwagon.

I'm not too bothered about it being undisclosed, as I recall being held to ransom by Swansea for Ferrie Bodde a few years back, when we were disclosing figures and flashing the cash, and we all know how that ended.

Archived