Using the up and coming young professionals

1974Ram

So just to clarify, people spent large chunks of last season moaning at Clough mistreating players like Cywka and Maguire by playing kids ahead of them. Now we are moaning that Clough isn't playing the kids enough? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

In the last season, we've had 1 academy lad establish himself as a first team regular, 2 other become comfortable members of the first team squad, and 4 other lads make the first team squad at a very young age. Any hint that Clough is not using the youngsters is nonsense IMO.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So just to clarify, people spent large chunks of last season moaning at Clough mistreating players like Cywka and Maguire by playing kids ahead of them. Now we are moaning that Clough isn't playing the kids enough? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

In the last season, we've had 1 academy lad establish himself as a first team regular, 2 other become comfortable members of the first team squad, and 4 other lads make the first team squad at a very young age. Any hint that Clough is not using the youngsters is nonsense IMO.

Thank god somebody had to say it!

Some people cant see past the end of their noses IMO, people asking why have they been given a pro contract if they arent going to be played straight away are you serious? how often do players come straight out of the youth team and break into first team squads? they move into training with the first team, impress in training, get a few reserve games under their belt and see how they get on.

Plus if their not given a contract they are more than entiltled to go and join another club, then imagine the amount of moaning.

my favourite quote has to be though "when BD and PJ were here we were classed as 1 of the big boys" we threw alot of money about yes but dont forget our acadamy was being redundant over the 3 year period they were in charge

I'll calm Davey down.

Altogether now.

"one Stefan Galinski, there's only one Stefan Galinski"

"galinski for England" cha cha cha. "Galinski for England"

then

"You'll never beat Galinski"

We should all have a word with wass as well, he's clearly destroying any chance the academy has of produving players for us by favouring a lad from the parks ahead of the greatest centre back the worlds ever seen. No wonder the mood at the club is so low when Mason Bennett at 15 only gets games for tax reasons.

By the way mods - I know it was asked for jokingly before. Is there any chance of getting a "dislike" button on here? Some of the garbage posted over the last few days deserves to see the posters put in stocks and have rotten tomatoes thrown at them. As it's aslo frowned upon to call some a total knob jockey at least there would be a calmer way of showing complete and total displeasure...

I'll calm Davey down.

Altogether now.

"one Stefan Galinski, there's only one Stefan Galinski"

"galinski for England" cha cha cha. "Galinski for England"

then

"You'll never beat Galinski"

We should all have a word with wass as well, he's clearly destroying any chance the academy has of produving players for us by favouring a lad from the parks ahead of the greatest centre back the worlds ever seen. No wonder the mood at the club is so low when Mason Bennett at 15 only gets games for tax reasons.

By the way mods - I know it was asked for jokingly before. Is there any chance of getting a "dislike" button on here? Some of the garbage posted over the last few days deserves to see the posters put in stocks and have rotten tomatoes thrown at them. As it's aslo frowned upon to call some a total knob jockey at least there would be a calmer way of showing complete and total displeasure...

Then we can sing " he'll never play England because he a bloody Pole, ohhhhhhhhh"

Then we can sing " he'll never play England because he a bloody Pole, ohhhhhhhhh"

I've been wrong in the past Huckers, it's so long ago I can't remember what it was about though ;-)

I was sure he was born of Polish parents with dual citizenship, brought up in England and classes himself as English? Have I got myself all confused again?

Maybe Davey can ask him?

I've been wrong in the past Huckers, it's so long ago I can't remember what it was about though ;-)

I was sure he was born of Polish parents with dual citizenship, brought up in England and classes himself as English? Have I got myself all confused again?

Maybe Davey can ask him?

http://www.safc.com/page/AcademyNews/0,,10281~2592449,00.html

Sunderland continued to attack the young Rams, but their resolve held, thanks to some experienced marshalling from Polish U18s defender Stefan Galinski.

TBF doesn't mean he can't play for England

All this talk of bringing in new players , why not use the so called young guns of the academy , they have been given big pros so they must be good enough to be starting or pressing for a start in the squad if not why have they got them.. we have

Mason Bennett 5yrs , Wil Hughes 4yrs . K.Thomas 3yrs , J.Leyland 3yrs and Morts the gk on i have been told a 3yr.

we have been promised the products of our youth system to give us future success for a number of seasons now , hopefully its not just something to off set under achievement by our club , will help reduce wage bills , avoid transfer fees etc .

New season new start if they impress use them.

*Lelan

Archived