Using the up and coming young professionals

1974Ram

All this talk of bringing in new players , why not use the so called young guns of the academy , they have been given big pros so they must be good enough to be starting or pressing for a start in the squad if not why have they got them.. we have

Mason Bennett 5yrs , Wil Hughes 4yrs . K.Thomas 3yrs , J.Leyland 3yrs and Morts the gk on i have been told a 3yr.

we have been promised the products of our youth system to give us future success for a number of seasons now , hopefully its not just something to off set under achievement by our club , will help reduce wage bills , avoid transfer fees etc .

New season new start if they impress use them.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this talk of bringing in new players , why not use the so called young guns of the academy , they have been given big pros so they must be good enough to be starting or pressing for a start in the squad if not why have they got them.. we have

Mason Bennett 5yrs , Wil Hughes 4yrs . K.Thomas 3yrs , J.Leyland 3yrs and Morts the gk on i have been told a 3yr.

we have been promised the products of our youth system to give us future success for a number of seasons now , hopefully its not just something to off set under achievement by our club , will help reduce wage bills , avoid transfer fees etc .

I agree. There is no point giving players these contracts if we are not going to play them.

Looking forward to seeing more of them, yes, but until they're really settled I don't think it's fair to expect too much of them, for the new season at least. I hope they prove me wrong mind. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

They're going to need experienced heads around them and a good captain who will lead and give them a bit of protection.

If these players are hyped up and given pros at a time when we should be pushing on as a club but are having to struggle with reported problems and losing our better players and at times replacing them with weaker players, lets use these lads or else why give them big pros if now not going to be backed up when we need the results of Nc and DW work at the academy. Established players at our club are on lesser contracts .Also if club hasnt the confidence to use them how and why were these pros given and by who ? is it NC , DW . From what i have been told and seen to a limited degree certain other young players of very good standardhave been over looked , will these lads be like others from our club only succeed when they go elsewhere because weaker players have been advanced by club for political reasons within the club hierachy

If these players are hyped up and given pros at a time when we should be pushing on as a club but are having to struggle with reported problems and losing our better players and at times replacing them with weaker players, lets use these lads or else why give them big pros if now not going to be backed up when we need the results of Nc and DW work at the academy. Established players at our club are on lesser contracts .Also if club hasnt the confidence to use them how and why were these pros given and by who ? is it NC , DW . From what i have been told and seen to a limited degree certain other young players of very good standardhave been over looked , will these lads be like others from our club only succeed when they go elsewhere because weaker players have been advanced by club for political reasons within the club hierachy

It would seem that they have been given the contracts for commercial reasons. If the club had any ambition they would want to develop them, and use them to help to push towards this promotion that they keep talking about. The fact that we invite scouts to come and watch them shows that we have no ambition and that we are becoming a feeder club. Under BD and PJ we were considered as one of the league's big boys, but now Clough is here we cannot attract players because the structure and mentality is all wrong.

They are 15,16 and 17. Two have them started already for the first team. The others have been unused subs. How many other clubs play players at this age in the first team.

Are you suggesting Bennett is on more than member of the first team squad in their 20's?

It would seem that they have been given the contracts for commercial reasons. If the club had any ambition they would want to develop them, and use them to help to push towards this promotion that they keep talking about. The fact that we invite scouts to come and watch them shows that we have no ambition and that we are becoming a feeder club. Under BD and PJ we were considered as one of the league's big boys, but now Clough is here we cannot attract players because the structure and mentality is all wrong.

They are all young lads. Is there something I'm missing here? Can't help thinking there's an hidden agenda.

They are all young lads. Is there something I'm missing here? Can't help thinking there's an hidden agenda.

I'm just a fan that doesnt like what I see mate. I have my opinions, and I don't expect everyone to agree with me.

Are you suggesting Bennett is on more than member of the first team squad in their 20's?

Financialy i would imagine derby have tied him down to a very beneficial financial deal to themselves and i believe he has the clubs agent representing him , so this will help the club at the expense of the players .The older players which are left will be on between £1k -£6k on average plus bonuses with one or two on abit more .

I think Clough has an obsession with getting the average age of squad as low as possible. Then he will use that as an excuse when we lose, along with the 'we couldn't even fill the bench today'. Thats why he was so insistant on getting 7 subs back, another excuse.

I think Clough has an obsession with getting the average age of squad as low as possible. Then he will use that as an excuse when we lose, along with the 'we couldn't even fill the bench today'. Thats why he was so insistant on getting 7 subs back, another excuse.

I reckon he's responsible for the banking crises as well.

They are 15,16 and 17. Two have them started already for the first team. The others have been unused subs. How many other clubs play players at this age in the first team.

Everyone quotes the age thing as an excuse it should not be of any relavence if NC has considered them good enough to be included they therefore have to judged on their performance as they have superceded other players to be in that position and the club should have an ongoing duty of care to field the best possible players in the best formation irrespective of age etc Sometimes i believe lads been included on bench as a reward deemed to be given by the academy manager when better lads in the academy are over looked sometimes for non footballing reasons

The Academy has made progress in the last couple of years. Think that you can only have so many youngsters in the side before their collective inexperience starts to work against you. The Academy scholars on pro contracts are obviously the ones the club expects have the best chance of becoming pros. These contracts are as much about protecting the clubs assets as to motivate these and other prospects to improve further and try and break into the first team.

I say the way we are being run a the moment this is probably our best route to getting some real investment, if we could sell Hughes or Bennett for 10 million plus in 3 to 4 years I could see the board giving Nige 4 million to buy players with, of course this involves alot of wishful thinking.

Archived