Net Spend = neutral

PBW Ram

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I am confused if you don't know which is left or right how do you check

You make the old sign check what people used to do as a little child. You make an L with your thumb and finger next to it, the hand with the non backwards L is your left hand and the one with the backwards L is your right hand, thus with that you determine your right side and left side.

You make the old sign check what people used to do as a little child. You make an L with your thumb and finger next to it, the hand with the non backwards L is your left hand and the one with the backwards L is your right hand, thus with that you determine your right side and left side.

Which foot do you use for football and which hand do you use for writing

I can't see how we'd consider letting jason go. Even it was a double your money offer for us. (ok if someone comes in and offers 3m plus - then consider away.)

Unless someone knows of another Shackell who is available for under a million?

This was the lad we wanted for ages to partner Barker, this was our "Barker" type signing and was the KEY purchase of last summer.

If we let him go after just a season, especially with Barks out - even I would start to wonder what the hell was going on.

Funny how opinions change :-)

Funny how opinions change :-)

My opinion hasn't changed at all you won't find one comment from me saying Shackell should go. I even said today I WOULD NOT have sold him.

It was clear some time ago he was off. All I've talked about since then is what we could do or might do with the money.

My opinion hasn't changed at all you won't find one comment from me saying Shackell should go. I even said today I WOULD NOT have sold him.

It was clear some time ago he was off. All I've talked about since then is what we could do or might do with the money.

so you are wondering what the hell is going on?

I've been saying for the last couple of weeks that I'm intrigued as to what we are are going to bring in but I've also explained in a fair bit of detail why I think we'll get a decent replacement, based on NC's centre half signings over 15 years.

I STILL think it's a risky decision to sell him.

One thing is sure if NC has got it wrong and we are in the bottom 6 after two months, he'll likely pay for this decision.

From the outside I am also wondering why the board are seemingly so reluctant to put money in to strengthen WITHOUT us having to lose Shackell.

I just don't think we would have sold him unless we thought it really could improve us overall. I've got enough patience and a bit of faith that things are going to work out ok. Let's just say I'm curiously nervously excited about what he is going to do with the cash.

right so you are retracting your comments of - "even I would start to wonder what the hell was going on." so you have changed your mind.

right so you are retracting your comments of - "even I would start to wonder what the hell was going on." so you have changed your mind.

Are you winding me up about retracting statements young ram?

I've got no inisght into the club at all, no contacts, no connections - other than what i read and what I work out from what is and isn't said.

So yes I wonder why we have sold our best defender. I wonder why we have no money and are seemingly reducing spend everywhere. I have no idea what they are doing. In fact I'm wondering what the hell is going on.

Where we differ massively is I think in about 7-10 days I'll have a better picture of what the hell is going on and I think our manager has the ability to improve us overall.

Are you winding me up about retracting statements young ram?

I've got no inisght into the club at all, no contacts, no connections - other than what i read and what I work out from what is and isn't said.

So yes I wonder why we have sold our best defender. I wonder why we have no money and are seemingly reducing spend everywhere. I have no idea what they are doing. In fact I'm wondering what the hell is going on.

Where we differ massively is I think in about 7-10 days I'll have a better picture of what the hell is going on and I think our manager has the ability to improve us overall.

No I am simply trying to get an answer of whether you have changed your mind on "even I would start to wonder what the hell was going on." Or not.

YR, I'm going to ask as nicely as I can.

So far on this thread you've said you don't know the stats of players, you don't know what side of the pitch they play on, you don't care about 200k in fees here or there, it's too small to argue about. Now you're saying you don't know if thye have turned down an 800k bid or not.

What the HELL are we still talking about?

PBW Ram, I do admire your patience!

I agree with pretty much everything you've said. I'm sure Clough wouldn't have done this unless he already thinks he's got decemt replacements lined up and thinks overall we will be a better side.

I'm just surprised the fee is not significantly more. Not least because, if the other clubs mentioned really were interested, I think we would have been able to get more out of someone.

But then, if he does have replacements lined up, he may want to get the money in now so he can secure them before they go elsewhere.

ward is primarily a right mid or striker doesn't really fit on the left, ben davies again really goes on the right. The northampton town fan said Jacobs doesn't look good on the left, and tyson is garbage who doesn't deserve to be on the pitch.

You mean the same ward that played most of the games left mid and the same jacobs which the northampton fan said can't play on the RIGHT.

You mean the same ward that played most of the games left mid and the same jacobs which the northampton fan said can't play on the RIGHT.

Please read previous posts before making a pointless one. I have stated I have sometimes have trouble distinguishing left from right especially on a football pitch and that accounts for my error with Jamie ward.

PBW Ram, I do admire your patience!

I agree with pretty much everything you've said. I'm sure Clough wouldn't have done this unless he already thinks he's got decemt replacements lined up and thinks overall we will be a better side.

I'm just surprised the fee is not significantly more. Not least because, if the other clubs mentioned really were interested, I think we would have been able to get more out of someone.

But then, if he does have replacements lined up, he may want to get the money in now so he can secure them before they go elsewhere.

There was a lot of editing getting done before I clicked send. I'm paying 10p every time I swear and if I'd have written what i wanted I would be broke. I'm also trying not be so "confrontational" or direct in saying what I think of other peoples views :-)

I havent read any of the threads from today yet so don't know if anything has changed. But I agree with you and the others massively that 1.1m is disappointing.

Having said that if it's coming in in one lump sum instead of over three years, then I start to understand a tiny bit more why they took it. I was also hoping there may be add ons coming in over the course of the season and if we'd upped it to 1.5 or so another400k in instalments would really help with cash flow.

Just hope his next signing calms a few people down, there has been in my opinion a massive over reaction to losing Shacks.

Open to interpretation but at the minute could imagine...

OUT

Paul Green - £0 - £6,000 p/w

Jason Shackell - £1.1million - £8,000 p/w

Chris Jones - £0 - £400 p/w

James Severn - £0 - £400 p/w

Aaron Cole - £0 - £400 p/w

Ryan Connolly - £0 - £400 p/w

Lee Croft - £0 - £6,000 p/w

Chris Maguire - £250,000 - £4,000 p/w

IN

Michael Jacobs - £400,000 - £3,000 p/w

NET

8 players out - 1 player in - £950,000 - £25600

Not bad, could bring in 2 or 3 first team players but think we need more people to leave.

in the crosshairs.

James Bailey - £250,000 - £3,000

Steve Davies - £500,000 - £5,000

Miles Addison - £100,000 - £6,000

Nathan Tyson - £250,000 - £8,000

4 more players I expect to leave, think we should expect 5-6 players which makes a mockery of this (no need for big changes) losing 12 players - 8 being first team players just seems daft!

Does anyone think we will be able to put out a side better than this come our first game of the season?

(4-1-3-2)

F Fielding

J Brayford / J Shackell / R Anderson / K Kilbane

J Bailey

L Croft / C Bryson / B Davies

S Davies / J Ward

Does anyone think we will be able to put out a side better than this come our first game of the season?

(4-1-3-2)

F Fielding

J Brayford / J Shackell / R Anderson / K Kilbane

J Bailey

L Croft / C Bryson / B Davies

S Davies / J Ward

I would hope so, but that team doesn't tell the whole story in fairness.

Archived