Net Spend = neutral

PBW Ram

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any one of Ward, Ben Davies, Jacobs orTyson.

ward is primarily a right mid or striker doesn't really fit on the left, ben davies again really goes on the right. The northampton town fan said Jacobs doesn't look good on the left, and tyson is garbage who doesn't deserve to be on the pitch.

There was talk of Bailey going for over a million in January we don't have to sell him, so i would be very surprised if we do unless a good fee comes in. Everybody is very quick to speculate that as soon as were selling a player bad news such as were a selling club etc. If we were a selling club like as in previous years when the likes of Rasiak and Huddlestone were sold. We would be seeing the back of Hendrick, Brayford, Bryson, Theo and Fielding. Along with the likes of Hughes and Bennett without seeing the money reinvested. This isn't the case we've sold one player who has added to his value considerably in the last year. I imagine that in selling him we are also saving on appearance payments etc and further increasing our profit. If for one minute Clough thought he couldn't replace Shackell plus spare with the cash he wouldn't sell.

The money is going to be reinvested! I would fancy my chances of replacing Shackell for over a million in the current market so I'm pretty sure Clough does. Were desperate to fund the purchase of the expensive striker we've needed for a long time and to do this we need to sell on a player at peak value. A 29 year old Jason Shackell fits that description perfectly.

But clough wants to sell Bailey. He is on the transfer list as I understand it so they want him to go. We won't have a million to replace Shackell with as clough has said he thinks he can get two players out of the money, so it is more likely going to be 600k. To get that top player we would need more than 1 million for someone who was proven at this level. For less than 1 million we can take a gamble on players. Added value considerably? no he has added a couple of hundred grand that isn't considerable. Actually he could have done, we aren't going to get someone in who is as experienced as shackell and we are taking a risk.

ward is primarily a right mid or striker doesn't really fit on the left, ben davies again really goes on the right. The northampton town fan said Jacobs doesn't look good on the left, and tyson is garbage who doesn't deserve to be on the pitch.

Ward doesn't fit on the left?! His best spells for us in general have come from playing out on the left. He'd definately be my first choice left mid, wouldn't want to put Jacobs out his comfort zone at a new club.

O

But clough wants to sell Bailey. He is on the transfer list as I understand it so they want him to go. We won't have a million to replace Shackell with as clough has said he thinks he can get two players out of the money, so it is more likely going to be 600k. To get that top player we would need more than 1 million for someone who was proven at this level. For less than 1 million we can take a gamble on players. Added value considerably? no he has added a couple of hundred grand that isn't considerable. Actually he could have done, we aren't going to get someone in who is as experienced as shackell and we are taking a risk.

According to the DET Shackell was bought for 750k, what makes you think we can't buy a player of a similar level with that money again leaving upwards of 350k to contribute towards a new player?

Bailey is for sale as he is the most valuable player outside the starting 11 (except maybe youth team players). But yet again if the right money isn't offered for him then theres no need to sell.

I wonder sometimes if we watch the same team. Ward started most of the season on the left side of midfield cutting inside. He only played up front on a handful of occasions. He switched a lot with Daves during the games but he definitely spent most of his time as our outlet on the left hand side. Davies I'll give you, Jacobs I read was better on the left but I believe we've bought hinm cos he can switch sides and still be comfortable. In my opinion the tyson comment is a bit too harsh, he's struggled but he's not garbage.

According to the DET Shackell was bought for 750k, what makes you think we can't buy a player of a similar level with that money again leaving upwards of 350k to contribute towards a new player?

Bailey is for sale as he is the most valuable player outside the starting 11 (except maybe youth team players). But yet again if the right money isn't offered for him then theres no need to sell.

But he is on the transfer list because he isn't deemed good enough, why would a team pay big money for bailey if he is on the transfer list. Bailey will want first team football and people don't want him here which inclines we are going to sell him. Actually the reports differ between 750k-950k. I wouldn't have sold shackell because we need 2 good center backs for a season and we currently have 0 good center backs. We need to bring two in not just one. We also need to find a 12 goal striker from somewhere for a few hundred grand. To get someone like Shackell with experience at this level isn't going to be easy, do you have any suggestions?

I wonder sometimes if we watch the same team. Ward started most of the season on the left side of midfield cutting inside. He only played up front on a handful of occasions. He switched a lot with Daves during the games but he definitely spent most of his time as our outlet on the left hand side. Davies I'll give you, Jacobs I read was better on the left but I believe we've bought hinm cos he can switch sides and still be comfortable. In my opinion the tyson comment is a bit too harsh, he's struggled but he's not garbage.

fair enough on the left right thing, I do get my left and right mixed up I always have and always will. But Tyson is Garbage, his ball control is akin to a blind 7 year old.

Ward doesn't fit on the left?! His best spells for us in general have come from playing out on the left. He'd definately be my first choice left mid, wouldn't want to put Jacobs out his comfort zone at a new club.

O

again i get my left and right mixed up.

But he is on the transfer list because he isn't deemed good enough, why would a team pay big money for bailey if he is on the transfer list. Bailey will want first team football and people don't want him here which inclines we are going to sell him. Actually the reports differ between 750k-950k. I wouldn't have sold shackell because we need 2 good center backs for a season and we currently have 0 good center backs. We need to bring two in not just one. We also need to find a 12 goal striker from somewhere for a few hundred grand. To get someone like Shackell with experience at this level isn't going to be easy, do you have any suggestions?

Just because Bailey is on the transfer list doesn't mean he isn't good enough its because we want to sell him, which is because we have 2 very good central midfielders not because he isn't good enough.

With regards to Shackell we did it last year so surely we can again? I don't have any suggestions no, but then again I have a full time job. Clough will be spending his entire day chasing targets along with a team of scouts so luckily i don't need to do it!

We will also get money for Davies to add to the spare Shackell money to buy a striker

Along with the fact we aren't going to have a settled squad to build upon which was the aim, the two centerbacks which were supposidly our foundation are now gone. The problem is people try to have it both ways, when we are settled they say we are building our future and when we sell it is because we have 'identified' unknown targets who can do 'better' for less. I remain unconvinced and clough's bargain basement signings have been mixed to say the least.

Just because Bailey is on the transfer list doesn't mean he isn't good enough its because we want to sell him, which is because we have 2 very good central midfielders not because he isn't good enough.

With regards to Shackell we did it last year so surely we can again? I don't have any suggestions no, but then again I have a full time job. Clough will be spending his entire day chasing targets along with a team of scouts so luckily i don't need to do it!

We will also get money for Davies to add to the spare Shackell money to buy a striker

our center midfield isn't great it lacks creativity and strength. It seems to suggest that Bailey isn't considered good enough when he is on the transfer list and isn't playing. We are in the league of the Barnsley's, they aren't going to pay much for a center midfilder who isn't good enough for us.

Just because it has been done once it doesn't mean it can be done again and again. The German army in the begining of operation Barbarossa ripped through the russians like a hot knife through butter, did it happen again? no the russians destroyed them. Have we even heard of any targets mentioned by the club or not? Davies we won't get a lot of money for because he will be out of contract this year and wants to leave thus we have to replace him but not with a lot of money. Last year we got a bit of luck against a few teams and this year to replicate the squad we are going to have problems.

The northampton town fan said pretty much the opposite. That Jacobs was much better on the left or in the middle. Not so impressive on the right.

our center midfield isn't great it lacks creativity and strength. It seems to suggest that Bailey isn't considered good enough when he is on the transfer list and isn't playing. We are in the league of the Barnsley's, they aren't going to pay much for a center midfilder who isn't good enough for us.

Just because it has been done once it doesn't mean it can be done again and again. The German army in the begining of operation Barbarossa ripped through the russians like a hot knife through butter, did it happen again? no the russians destroyed them. Have we even heard of any targets mentioned by the club or not? Davies we won't get a lot of money for because he will be out of contract this year and wants to leave thus we have to replace him but not with a lot of money. Last year we got a bit of luck against a few teams and this year to replicate the squad we are going to have problems.

I think it's a bit harsh to start picking faults in our centre midfield. Bryson and Hendrick just completed their first season in the Championship never mind at Derby they're both young and will surely improve next season.

Obviously were not going to get the money from the Davies sale to buy a player of his quality due to his injury record, contract etc which is probably half the reason were selling Shackell so we can top up the money from Davies to get a good replacement.

I'm not saying its going to be simple to get a player as good for less money but its definitely possible. Clough has spent very well when he's had money at his disposal except for probably only Maguire who we've only lost 200k on. When Clough has spent decent money on a CB so far he's bought Barker and Shackell so I have every faith in him to do it again.

The northampton town fan said pretty much the opposite. That Jacobs was much better on the left or in the middle. Not so impressive on the right.

really? I was sure he said on the right? if not my mistake

I think it's a bit harsh to start picking faults in our centre midfield. Bryson and Hendrick just completed their first season in the Championship never mind at Derby they're both young and will surely improve next season.

Obviously were not going to get the money from the Davies sale to buy a player of his quality due to his injury record, contract etc which is probably half the reason were selling Shackell so we can top up the money from Davies to get a good replacement.

I'm not saying its going to be simple to get a player as good for less money but its definitely possible. Clough has spent very well when he's had money at his disposal except for probably only Maguire who we've only lost 200k on. When Clough has spent decent money on a CB so far he's bought Barker and Shackell so I have every faith in him to do it again.

You say it is definitely possible without providing any examples? how are you sure it is definitely possible? Hendrick is very young while bryson is 25/26 not so young there. We do not know if they will improve, maybe they will maybe they will not. So we could get a good replacement for around 700k? why didn't we look into a swap deal with charlie austin? He has spent well on Barker and Shckell along with fielding, he also spent money on martin, Ben Davies and the like which haven't worked out. If you had evidence to believe you wouldn't say faith, faith is a belief without evidence, e.g. I have faith that clough can replace Shackell for less money with two centerbacks who can do a job. Also we shall need another center back as barker is injured all season.

You say it is definitely possible without providing any examples? how are you sure it is definitely possible? Hendrick is very young while bryson is 25/26 not so young there. We do not know if they will improve, maybe they will maybe they will not. So we could get a good replacement for around 700k? why didn't we look into a swap deal with charlie austin? He has spent well on Barker and Shckell along with fielding, he also spent money on martin, Ben Davies and the like which haven't worked out. If you had evidence to believe you wouldn't say faith, faith is a belief without evidence, e.g. I have faith that clough can replace Shackell for less money with two centerbacks who can do a job. Also we shall need another center back as barker is injured all season.

there's already three or four examples being discussed on this thread and the transfer forum.

Even if he came back with 10 examples they would be argued about.

Here's one. Keogh. 24 spent the last two years playing for coventry who have had financial difficulties and may be one the few clubs who we can pay more than. He played nearly 100 games at our level and he's potentially available.

I don't provide any examples as like I said I have a full time job and don't really get much time to watch teams other than Derby. If you'd like to pay me for a year and provide me with a team of scouts for the next 2 weeks i'll happily come back with a list! :-)

Martin I would agree with but hardly a large some, again Clough had about 200-300k and took a gamble on a league 1 player. If he's spending over half a million id expect him to deliver. Ben Davies was one of the leading assist makers last year without playing quite a few games id hardly say it was money wasted.

Clearly Clough thinks Buxton/OB can play in the other place as they did for almost all of last season with Barker being out, they've proven they could do it last year. If we really need somebody i'm sure he could get in a loanee like we did with Ayala now that Croft and Addisons wages are going.

there's already three or four examples being discussed on this thread and the transfer forum.

Even if he came back with 10 examples they would be argued about.

Here's one. Keogh. 24 spent the last two years playing for coverny whio have had financial difficulties and may be one the few clubs who we can pay more than. He played nearly 100 games at our level and he's potentially available.

yes which would take an offer of a million pounds leaving no money for any extra players. He is younger and played in a side which were relegated last season.

Archived