Net Spend = neutral

PBW Ram

yes which would take an offer of a million pounds leaving no money for any extra players. He is younger and played in a side which were relegated last season.

The fact that they were relegated usually means the value of the player will go down as well.

I'll try to have a dig around to find the last time a defender was transferred from a league one side for a million pounds. I bet there arent too many examples.

I think you're underestimating figures on incoming and then overestimating them on the outgoing side.

Keogh will not cost 1m wherever he ends up.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't provide any examples as like I said I have a full time job and don't really get much time to watch teams other than Derby. If you'd like to pay me for a year and provide me with a team of scouts for the next 2 weeks i'll happily come back with a list! :-)

Martin I would agree with but hardly a large some, again Clough had about 200-300k and took a gamble on a league 1 player. If he's spending over half a million id expect him to deliver. Ben Davies was one of the leading assist makers last year without playing quite a few games id hardly say it was money wasted.

Clearly Clough thinks Buxton/OB can play in the other place as they did for almost all of last season with Barker being out, they've proven they could do it last year. If we really need somebody i'm sure he could get in a loanee like we did with Ayala now that Croft and Addisons wages are going.

almost all of last season? I am pretty sure that is an exageration and o brien had a shocker of a time after he made a few mistakes. They are both short term options for a couple of games, not long term options for alomst an entire season. How do we know Crofts wages aren't going to be paid by us? evidence? Ben davies cannot beat a man and is widely regarded as a flop.

The fact that they were relegated usually means the value of the player will go down as well.

I'll try to have a dig around to find the last time a defender was transferred from a league one side for a million pounds. I bet there arent too many examples.

I think you're underestimating figures on incoming and then overestimating them on the outgoing side.

Keogh will not cost 1m wherever he ends up.

how do you know? they turned down an 800k offer so why not a million? or it could mean it could go up to them because he is even more valuable now to them than before.

Come on young ram, if you're going to argue your point so much at least get it right.

O Brien played in the first 15 games and played 8 times as a sub

Buxton played the last 12 games at least after barks was out and 23 in total

that's at least 27 league and cup starts from our 49 total.

That's a pretty healthy majority.

how do you know? they turned down an 800k offer so why not a million? or it could mean it could go up to them because he is even more valuable now to them than before.

Find a league one defender who has been transferred for one million pounds and I will start to think it's possible. I can't remember any defender at that level fetching so much (anyone got any idea how much jewell paid fro Aaron Creswell?)

Coventry are at least as skint as us but they're a league lower, they need to cut their cloth accordingly and in my opinion anything over 600k would be really tough to turn down. Especially if the player pushes.

They only got 750k for Ben Turner when they were still in the championship and he was a better player.

Come on young ram, if you're going to argue your point so much at least get it right.

O Brien played in the first 15 games and played 8 times as a sub

Buxton played the last 12 games at least after barks was out.

that's 27 league and cup game from our 49 total.

That's a majority.

Neither of them have played more than half the games. They have individually played 12 for buxton and 15 games for o brien with 7 starts and 8 sub appearences. Individually many believe Obrian is crap at the moment and Buxton is okay as a gap filler but nothing more and not for a whole season. Therefore we need two center backs.

almost all of last season? I am pretty sure that is an exageration and o brien had a shocker of a time after he made a few mistakes. They are both short term options for a couple of games, not long term options for alomst an entire season. How do we know Crofts wages aren't going to be paid by us? evidence? Ben davies cannot beat a man and is widely regarded as a flop.

As PBW has said they played the majority of the season.

Seeing as though the general idea of a loan is you borrow a player and pay their wages id say its you who should be proving to me that Crofts wages are going to be paid by us. Ben Davies might not be able to beat a man but thats not what he's there for. He might not be exciting but he said up more goals than Jamie ward did last year, in fact more than any other player in our team and you can't argue with that.

Find a league one defender who has been transferred for one million pounds and I will start to think it's possible. I can't remember any defender at that level fetching so much (anyone got any idea how much jewell paid fro Aaron Creswell?)

Coventry are at least as skint as us but they're a league lower, they need to cut their cloth accordingly and in my opinion anything over 600k would be really tough to turn down. Especially if the player pushes.

They only got 750k for Ben Turner when they were still in the championship and he was a better player.

I meant how do you know he won't be transferred for a million, coventry have signed John Fleck today and i believe they have signed a couple of others. They have already been offered 800K which has been turned down, that was close to a million. In fact the bid would be so close it is semantics to keep arguing about it.

As PBW has said they played the majority of the season.

Seeing as though the general idea of a loan is you borrow a player and pay their wages id say its you who should be proving to me that Crofts wages are going to be paid by us. Ben Davies might not be able to beat a man but thats not what he's there for. He might not be exciting but he said up more goals than Jamie ward did last year, in fact more than any other player in our team and you can't argue with that.

If there is no evidence then we cannot assume either way. We have had plenty of loans where we haven't paid the wages of the player coming here so why would Oldham. But the man contributes nothing to general play, he is a weaklink which has been exposed and while he does put in a decent cross he struggles to beat a man and that for a winger is a problem.

If there is no evidence then we cannot assume either way. We have had plenty of loans where we haven't paid the wages of the player coming here so why would Oldham. But the man contributes nothing to general play, he is a weaklink which has been exposed and while he does put in a decent cross he struggles to beat a man and that for a winger is a problem.

David Beckham seemed to do alright without being able to beat a man

David Beckham seemed to do alright without being able to beat a man

David Beckham had the ability to score a freekick to win games and to pick out 80 yard cross field balls with immense vision unlike Ben Davies who played well during our hot streak but then did nothing for 2/3 of the season. Beckham didn't need to beat a man, however it was always a criticism laid against him that he couldn't beat a man like Ryan Giggs.

I meant how do you know he won't be transferred for a million, coventry have signed John Fleck today and i believe they have signed a couple of others. They have already been offered 800K which has been turned down, that was close to a million. In fact the bid would be so close it is semantics to keep arguing about it.

Can you do me a favour and show me the linlk to the 800k bid story?

I can only find that Bristol bid 250k and Cardiff were considering an improved offer.

David Beckham had the ability to score a freekick to win games and to pick out 80 yard cross field balls with immense vision unlike Ben Davies who played well during our hot streak but then did nothing for 2/3 of the season. Beckham didn't need to beat a man, however it was always a criticism laid against him that he couldn't beat a man like Ryan Giggs.

I do get what your saying i like to see a player running at a defender as much as the next person but in reality once ward gets past his man does he put a better ball in than Davies does from behind his man? Probably not.

It easy to see Ward as one of our best players because he runs at people and it always looks good, but his final product has been pretty poor. Davies is a lot better defensively and like I said was one of the leading assist makers in the league. I don't see how you can say he's a waste of money.

I do get what your saying i like to see a player running at a defender as much as the next person but in reality once ward gets past his man does he put a better ball in than Davies does from behind his man? Probably not.

It easy to see Ward as one of our best players because he runs at people and it always looks good, but his final product has been pretty poor. Davies is a lot better defensively and like I said was one of the leading assist makers in the league. I don't see how you can say he's a waste of money.

Because for most widemen the ability to get the ball into the box is number 1 priority, I think davies can put a good ball in however he relies upon others to make runs for him and he struggles to get in positions to put balls in. Davies got 90% of his assists very early on when we were on a hot streak of winning games, after that he contributed virtually 0 to the team. There are rare exceptions of wingers who don't need to beat men like David Beckham. Also what Jamie ward does is tire the opposition, lead people out of position and cause problems, that can be just as important as an assist it just isn't registered.

Can you do me a favour and show me the linlk to the 800k bid story?

I can only find that Bristol bid 250k and Cardiff were considering an improved offer.

I just heard it on this forum tbh I cannot be bothered to check out every football story I hear at the moment.

YR, I'm going to ask as nicely as I can.

So far on this thread you've said you don't know the stats of players, you don't know what side of the pitch they play on, you don't care about 200k in fees here or there, it's too small to argue about. Now you're saying you don't know if thye have turned down an 800k bid or not.

What the HELL are we still talking about?

YR, I'm going to ask as nicely as I can.

So far on this thread you've said you don't know the stats of players, you don't know what side of the pitch they play on, you don't care about 200k in fees here or there, it's too small to argue about. Now you're saying you don't know if thye have turned down an 800k bid or not.

What the HELL are we still talking about?

I said I don't know all the stats of players, do you? I do get left and right mixed up sorry for being human. I also argued that 800k-1 million is still a lot of money for one replacement who doesn't have as much experience and played for a relegated team. I argued it was semantics because in the scheme of things it is semantics. If we had a whole bunch of 200k fees then we would talk about them and they would be important. However presuming we would have had to offer more than the 800k which was rejected I presume it would be considerably less than 200k to buy him, thus I thought the possible 100k difference was based in semantics for arguing about. Now I am saying I trust multiple posters on this board to tell the truth on such benign aspects as these.

I said I don't know all the stats of players, do you? I do get left and right mixed up sorry for being human. I also argued that 800k-1 million is still a lot of money for one replacement who doesn't have as much experience and played for a relegated team. I argued it was semantics because in the scheme of things it is semantics. If we had a whole bunch of 200k fees then we would talk about them and they would be important. However presuming we would have had to offer more than the 800k which was rejected I presume it would be considerably less than 200k to buy him, thus I thought the possible 100k difference was based in semantics for arguing about. Now I am saying I trust multiple posters on this board to tell the truth on such benign aspects as these.

How do you cope with tasks like putting shoes and gloves do you have to have a helper or a specially trained dog which helps you determine which way is left and which is right Or are you taking the piss like I am now

How do you cope with tasks like putting shoes and gloves do you have to have a helper or a specially trained dog which helps you determine which way is left and which is right Or are you taking the piss like I am now

I am not taking the piss, I often have to check which way is left and right because I get easily confused by it.

Archived