Net Spend = neutral

PBW Ram

Does anyone think we will be able to put out a side better than this come our first game of the season?

(4-1-3-2)

F Fielding

J Brayford / J Shackell / R Anderson / K Kilbane

J Bailey

L Croft / C Bryson / B Davies

S Davies / J Ward

When you see it down like that it does look a bit fragile.

I reckon only 4 of those will start the first game. I'm not whining about it but it does totally go against the buidling for stablility message we kept hearing. I hope the team spirit survives this next round of changes.

I get a little bit calmer when I start swapping the names. Without brining anyone else in.

Roberts for Kilbane - improvement

Hendrick for Bailey - improvement

Buxton for Anderson - I love Bucko so I might not be fair here. Improvement.

Jacobs for DaviesB - no clue

Theo for Davies S - I think theo will get 20 this year. But Davies S is a better player as it's on goals alone = Improvement ;-)

Davies B for Croft i improvement.

that's before we bring in the Beckenbauer of league one on a free and it's before we shpunt all our wonga on a 50 goals and 30 assists top notch centre forward from West Ham or Leicester or Hull reserves.

What's all the fuss about?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just hope his next signing calms a few people down, there has been in my opinion a massive over reaction to losing Shacks.

Best thing said on this thread.

What has Clough always said he is looking for in a CB.....someone who is prepared to head and kick the ball. Shack was good in this department and more mobile than Buxton and more experience than OB. I must say though in MHO that Barker is far more important to the club (yes i know how long he is going to be out) and bringing in a CB with more league experience than OB and more mobile than Buxton will fill the whole left by Shack. We must though get someone in who has played over 100 games at first team level regardless of league. One great comment Clough came out with was when Naylor had those few games at right back "the lad knows where to put the ball in the 89th minute" which was in the corners. He then commented on the even though he has played most of his games at conference level he knew what to do at certain parts of the match that a young player on loan from a prem team wouldn't do.

I totally agree with this, if we get another CB in who knows not to do a Claude Davis and can just get rid of the ball in tight situations then the team will not suffer.

Archived