England v Italy

froggg

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't believe what i'm reading here.So its all Harts fault,well **** me theres me

thinking he was our best player by miles.He saved us right from the start of the

tournament and carried us through to the end.Best goalie in the competition no

chance with the penalties.Blame our hopeless manager picking hopelessly out of

form players.

I don't believe what i'm reading here.So its all Harts fault,well **** me theres me

thinking he was our best player by miles.He saved us right from the start of the

form players.

No, it's not Hart's fault. I thought he could have done more in the shootout, but if there's blame being handed out then he'd be close to the back of the queue. Bottom line is, they missed a penno. If our players hadn't missed their's then we'd have won.

When it comes to the big games, Rooney really isn't world class is he? Even allowing for his lack of match fitness his first touch and ability to find a white shirt was poor tonight.

Forget Young and Milner, we know they are average, but Rooney was no better in possession than either of them.

form players.

you sum up how clueless a lot of the people in this country are! How on earth could that possibly be Roy hodgsons fault we lost on penalties? Get a f*cking grip. We don't have good enough players to win the euros. We never have. We aren't one of the best teams in the world so how can you expect our manager to do better? Being installed weeks before the tourno he did an unbelievable job. Harry f*cking redknapp? Get a grip and enjoy reading the sun tomorrow

Are Italy really that much better than us? I don't like the excuses of 'well done on taking them all the way' their main striking outlet is a bench boy for Manchester City, get a grip.

Should of done much better 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='^_^' />

yes they are much better than us. Simple as that. Why do we expect to be one of the best? We have never won the euros. Four years ago didn't even qualify. Our team did ok under the circumstances.

Are Italy really that much better than us? I don't like the excuses of 'well done on taking them all the way' their main striking outlet is a bench boy for Manchester City, get a grip.

Should of done much better 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happy' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='^_^' />

Looking at the lineups beforehand I really didn't think there'd be much in it. The scoreline suggests that there wasn't, but let's be honest, we were worlds apart. But for poor finishing and good defending that game would never, ever have seen ET, let alone penalties.

Re Rooney, I still don't think we use him properly.

I'd play 3-5-2 with both Cole and Johnson pushed up as the wide midfielders. Play Terry, Lescott and Cahill at the back. Play Gerrard and Wilshere in the middle, and then Rooney in between them, and two strikers.

Alan Shearer summed it up well imo.....we are the 5th best team, we just can't beat the 4 teams in front of us... Italy, Spain, Germany, Portugal....even on fookin penalties... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

You mean Harry Redknap who took Spurs from the relegation zone to 4th in the league

in 4 years spending 12.5million a year on average with a wage cap.If it hadn't been

for Chelsea fluking 2 wins in the champions cup Spurs would have been in it next

season.I never read the Sun whatever thats got to do with it.

Alan Shearer summed it up well imo.....we are the 5th best team, we just can't beat the 4 teams in front of us... Italy, Spain, Germany, Portugal....even on fookin penalties... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

To be honest, I thought we'd struggle to get through the group, so we've already exceeded my expectations. It's just a shame that having qualified, we played so poorly tonight. I think the above is true, just a pity that there's such a gulf between us and the other four.

On the bright side, we've done better in the tournament than many thought we would, and there have been some key learning points to come out of it for Roy, so hopefully he'll take those forward. One of the earlier decisions should be who exactly we want to take into the next world cup in 2014, and if they don't figure then move them out and play the youngsters coming through. We'll qualify from that group either way so let's start blooding the players that we expect to be taking us forward in a few years time.

You mean Harry Redknap who took Spurs from the relegation zone to 4th in the league

in 4 years spending 12.5million a year on average with a wage cap.If it hadn't been

for Chelsea fluking 2 wins in the champions cup Spurs would have been in it next

season.I never read the Sun whatever thats got to do with it.

well done redknapp. Care to look at hodgsons record?

Gutted , all the england fans were signing start to finish ,, fantastic atmosphere , Roy Hodgsons barmy army

Heard you loud and clear ramexpat! Roy spoke so highly of the England fans. You couldn't have done any more. Respect to all the England fans there.

Wayne Rooney, one of the top strikers in the world... 250k a week striker, endorsed and touted by so many.

I believe tonight we'd of been better off with playing Theo Robinson and i'm not even joking, and also I believe that I would of done a similar if not better job than Henderson in his time on the pitch, disgusting looked to wander around and keep his nose out the game, at this level... *******s!

but to my original point, the italian team isn't that good... and with Chiellini out as well, poor showing!

Archived