Warning to the yanks

B4ev6is

don't you ******* dare sell our best players as next season will make the differnace about automitic promation or the play off we have to keep the likes of theo and jeff hendrick, and even craig bryson, we need to build around these player we get our selfs down too pp and protest against the yanks, if they sell the likes of james bailey and jason shackall when they know likes of shaun barker is injuired all of next season please you yanks don't you ******* dare sell out best play.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep, we have declined a bid for Shackell, we have interest in Theo and the lads we sent out on loan. We are going to get interest in our players as we weren't actually fighting relegation this season for a change and have some players that other teams actually want.

If we sell Shacks it will be for decent money- the lads on loan we don't want so they will be attracting interest. Theo cost us pretty much nothing and has returned 12 goals so clubs will be sniffing around.

With us bringing lads in for low fees and bringing young lads through the academy we will be attracting bids. I am sure we will have decent offers for Hendrick, Fielding, Brayford and a few others during the window

If someone came in with an offer of 1million+ for Theo Robinson, take it.. take it and bleeding run. I like him because his a little comical in his ways, but in terms of ability, he is already out his depth for me anyway but his got the goals and in all honesty I would be looking to try and move him on for a good offer.

I don't think Clough nor the board will sell anyone against our best wishes, and in all honesty there is no-one in the side that is irreplaceable, as long as it was re-invested and are happier after than we was before the sale and re-investment, then good. It's a gamble I admit.

If someone came in with an offer of 1million+ for Theo Robinson, take it.. take it and bleeding run. I like him because his a little comical in his ways, but in terms of ability, he is already out his depth for me anyway but his got the goals and in all honesty I would be looking to try and move him on for a good offer.

I don't think Clough nor the board will sell anyone against our best wishes, and in all honesty there is no-one in the side that is irreplaceable, as long as it was re-invested and are happier after than we was before the sale and re-investment, then good. It's a gamble I admit.

I agree, I think (hope) we may have turned a corner as regards to us not being a selling club anymore. I know that we accepted a fee of 4 mil for Hulse but who wouldn't? I am not saying that we won't sell but we will only sell if the price is right. Shacks is good, but he's not that good. I would be very annoyed if we sold one of the youngsters cheaply but I really don't think that we will. Savies is good but injury prone, Theo is good and hilarious but if a serious offer came in we would have to let him go- how much is a 15 goals a season plus (which he would have been given the starts and no injuries) striker worth? I really think that if we stick with the board and the manager we will get promoted- not only that but actually compete

Its the first time in years people want our players, i dont know about everyone else, but this is a good sign, shows we've improved, now its just the next step in keeping them.

Indeed, I think that nige would be a big part in this. We have seen that he is a manager who likes commitment and also that he sees the teams "togetherness" as key. We may lose a few that are blinded by the lights but I think that we will slowly build a core of players that are willing to walk through fire for our manager. Bringing lads up through the ranks is a good start and signing players that are out of favour ( Ward and Theo), stagnating ( Fielding) or ready to make the step up (Bryson, Brayford, Naylor) will endear them to the manager, and as a result, the club

people are sceptical mate- especially when we sold Hulse and Commons (which we didn't really have a choice over anyway). I do believe that we are on the right track. People will point to Green leaving and say that it is because the board aren't willing to spend any money- I am glad that Green has gone and also chuffed that he didn't make the Irish squad- the reason I am pleased and the reason he didn't make the squad is because he thinks he is better than he is. He will get a contract be good for a bit then either get injured or play ***** and get dropped. Good riddance to the greedy b*stard

Hulse was over-rated, Commons always wante to play ona bigger stage, neither have made their profile any bigger since leaving here.

I like the majority of what the owners are doing, they are creating a balanced club, and Nigel has almost achieved a balanced, well disciplined team that will give their all week after week.

Do we lack ambition? No, the first thing the owners what is stability, football as it is currently run, is an unsustainable business. It looks like we are becoming a club where we could actually make a profit YOY, if we do that, THENwe have the base to become more ambitious, afford higher wages, afford to pay bigger transfer fees. Unfortunatly we are not 100% financially sound, but bloody close.

Hulse was sold, disappointed with that at the time... Commons, we made a great effort and put a fantastic deal together for him but Celtic blew us out the water... Green, was arguably a first team player, personally I would of been massively disappointed if we had offered him similar terms or a better deal when it would of took up funds on a player ideally we need to replace.

Apart from that... ah, sorry miss read... yes, you are correct and I don't see Green featuring to much either if he steps up.

Hulse was over-rated, Commons always wante to play ona bigger stage, neither have made their profile any bigger since leaving here.

I like the majority of what the owners are doing, they are creating a balanced club, and Nigel has almost achieved a balanced, well disciplined team that will give their all week after week.

Do we lack ambition? No, the first thing the owners what is stability, football as it is currently run, is an unsustainable business. It looks like we are becoming a club where we could actually make a profit YOY, if we do that, THENwe have the base to become more ambitious, afford higher wages, afford to pay bigger transfer fees. Unfortunatly we are not 100% financially sound, but bloody close.

So, we are going to make a profit by reducing wages, and then we are going to pay more wages out of that profit? Not convinced by this . . .

So, we are going to make a profit by reducing wages, and then we are going to pay more wages out of that profit? Not convinced by this . . .

Its how business works, you keep your costs as low as possible so that you generate more profit, which then can be used to invest to carry the cycle on.

We had big debts to get rid of in the beginning with unsustainable wages. Now we have almost reached a point where we will be in profit which can then be reinvested in the squad. If this brings on-the-pitch success we will be selling more tickets, be more attractive to sponsors and get more prize money, all of which will fund further investment in the playing side until the Prem is reached.

Clough made a good point at the Q+A session when he was told about selling players.

Name a player that Derby have sold under Clough that is playing regularly at a team above us?​

I think the last time I can remember being particularly upset about us selling a player was Rasiak. 2005 was that? 2006?

Archived