End of season thoughts

WilkoRam

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only the excellent work on the football side of the club can get us close to the play offs. They will get no help from the boardroom.

...apart from the millions they throw away each year keeping the club afloat, of course.

Next seasons squad.........

Frankie

Legz

Brayford/Naylor Shackell/OBrien/Buxton Roberts/?????

Bavies/Hughes/ Bailey/Hendrick/Bryson/????? Ward/Tyson

Savies/Theo/Ball/Maguire/Bennett/?????

For arguments sake, lets look at a conventional 442 formation. We need a left back, central mid and a striker. Barring silly injury numbers we look to have a reasonable squad, many of whom can "fill" in to cover different positions.

Brays and Naylor can both play CB.

Tyson and Ward can both play up top (not saying they're brilliant or owt, but capable of putting a shift in.)

Hughes looks like he could slot in to a CM creative role?

Maguire (if he stays) could maybe do a job in as an attacking midfielder.

Bennett could do a right midfield job?

On paper looks a flexible group, hard working with a bit of skill here and there.

Left back could be fairly cheap to learn his trade as back up to Roberto.

Try Maguire or Hughes as an attacking mid.

Buy a striker - the best we can afford, and get Commons back on a season loan.

Job done. E I E I E I O...........UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO...................

Piece of piss this management lark. '

http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Low standards or realistic? After all its been said were a bottom half budget club so the fact we've finished 12 is great until we get someone in to get the goals on a regular basis and stay fit for a full season well ALLWAYS be mid table hopefull for play offs but until we get that quality in the final third the P word should be forgot about just my opinion

I'll ALLWAYS be behind the lads whoever pulls on the black n white I'm a season ticket holder and ALLWAYS will be

Think you should try to spell ALWAYS correctly!

Archived