Weather Updates

mozza

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's suppose to be a storm on its way tonight. Beware of falling trees!

The hyperbole which is in the Daily Express a few days ago described it as the '...Storm of the Century'.

BBC today have forecast it as 'potentially the most intense storm of the last 5 years' (can't be too careful - no Michael Fishery this time).

The Met Office forecast for our area issued at 4:00 pm says 'Meh! 20 mph winds gusting to 35 mph'.

Just listening to BBC News at the moment, and some hysterical moron came out with the phrase "If we get through this....".

For crying out loud, it's going to be wet and breezy.

Coastguard looking for a 14 yr old lad who's been swept out to sea on The Solent. Doubt they'll find him alive, poor love. Tragic that.

Nowt like that here though luckily, just raining.

Coastguard looking for a 14 yr old lad who's been swept out to sea on The Solent. Doubt they'll find him alive, poor love. Tragic that.

Nowt like that here though luckily, just raining.

Was that the one who was swimming in the sea yesterday despite the warnings, or is this lad a genuine victim of the 'Megastorm' ?

Update on my own personal tragedy....

SIX apples have fallen off my tree.

Switch the news on :rolleyes:

I swear have been outside all morning torrential rain? Must have missed that. Gale force winds? Ditto. Was told that the gales are coming to the Midlands over night and this morning as far north as Nottingham. Seems even the bad weather doesnt want to come here :)

Was that the one who was swimming in the sea yesterday despite the warnings, or is this lad a genuine victim of the 'Megastorm' ?

Update on my own personal tragedy....

SIX apples have fallen off my tree.

As far as I know he was in the surf. I agree he shouldn't have been there given the warnings, but he's paid the price alright. It's still a tragedy for me, albeit an avoidable one.

Archived