Weather Updates

mozza

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sitting at home doing no work is even better

Sitting at home doing no work but getting paid for 'consultancy' is where it's at though.

At the moment, I'm consulting DCFC Fans. Later I may consult Reddit, FARK and the DCFC website.

Then I'll have a short work break.

I'll tell you what, in this hot weather you'd think people would pay a bit more attention to their personal hygiene, especially if they're using public transport.

On Friday a bloke got on the bus and sat about a yard away from me who stank of pot, maggots, - and if the bus went round a corner and caught the breeze, you'd be treated to the ripest BO ever.

Get a wash fer crying out loud. Do you not know you stink??

I'll tell you what, in this hot weather you'd think people would pay a bit more attention to their personal hygiene, especially if they're using public transport.

On Friday a bloke got on the bus and sat about a yard away from me who stank of pot, maggots, - and if the bus went round a corner and caught the breeze, you'd be treated to the ripest BO ever.

Often the problem is that people just don't care. About themselves or others.

On the other hand when I was in the army we had a big bloke who sweat like a horse. It was something awful. He was a really nice guy and did everything possible to deal with his problem which made him very embarrassed. He showered every chance he got and used all kinds of special products but nothing helped.

When we knew that he was coming back from his leave we went to sleep before he got back in hope that we didn't have to suffer from that smell. Still sometimes the smell woke us up. Only thing to do was breathe through your mouth and treat him like everybody else.

some girls think its a turn on.

I think you're in the Ganges .

Only thing it turns is me stomach.

If it was just sweat, I can handle it, and round here you get used to smelling pot, but maggots aswell? Nasty.

You could fair see people wrinkling their noses, the smelly git.

Only thing it turns is me stomach.

If it was just sweat, I can handle it, and round here you get used to smelling pot, but maggots aswell? Nasty.

You could fair see people wrinkling their noses, the smelly git.

Daveo used to smell of maggots.

Harsh, some people have BO problems with medication they are on, my missus was on some a while back and she stunk, wasn't a case of not washing.

Leave smelly people alone, pick on the fatty's instead.

The GM where i work regularly has to tell 1 or 2 of the young lads that heat + polyester = sweat, and 3 days in the same shirt isn't great. They genuinely think Lynx is the cure all.

Harsh, some people have BO problems with medication they are on, my missus was on some a while back and she stunk, wasn't a case of not washing.

Leave smelly people alone, pick on the fatty's instead.

Us ermmmmm round people have been more torchered than jews, gays and gingers combined. Leave us alone ! :angry:

Heatwave set to continue around UK

_68741193_9bbf5ebb-3e4a-40e9-8ac7-871fa6Many people sought refuge at the seaside over the weekend

The heatwave currently hitting many parts of the UK is set to continue for at least another week, forecasters say.

The BBC weather centre said conditions would become more unsettled in northern areas towards the end of July, with the south enjoying warm weather for longer.

On Saturday, the highest temperature in the UK this year, 31.4C (88.5F), was recorded at Heathrow.

There are currently delays at London Waterloo train station because the heat has caused a rail to buckle.

Network Rail, which introduced a speed limit near the station last week due to high trackside temperatures, has closed platforms one to four at Waterloo and said "engineers are on site".

A reduced timetable is in operation and delays are expected to last for the rest of the day, with some trains cancelled and some London-bound services expected to terminate before reaching Waterloo.

On Sunday, motorists faced disruption when a section of the M25 was closed after the road melted.

It was shut close to junction 23, near Potters Bar in Hertfordshire, on the clockwise carriageway due to severe surface damage.

The Highways Agency said it reopened at 05:30 BST on Monday after emergency resurfacing.

"It is regrettable that drivers were stuck in traffic on such a hot Sunday afternoon, but the precaution was taken to close the carriageway after a defect across three lanes led to safety concerns," a spokesperson said.

'Baking conditions'

Monday is another warm and sunny day across much of the UK, with maximum temperatures of 30C, although parts of Scotland and Northern Ireland are seeing some cloud and patchy rain.

Heatwave Health Warning

BBC forecaster Nick Miller said high pressure was still dominating and the "baking conditions" would persist in many areas until the middle of next week.

The UK has been basking in above-average temperatures for the past week.

Continue reading the main story How to stay safe in the sun

• Try to keep out of the sun between 11:00 and 15:00

• Wear sunscreen

• Wear loose cotton clothing

• Drink lots of cool drinks

• Seek shade

• Wear sunglasses and a hat

• Look out for others, especially vulnerable groups such as the elderly, young children and babies, and those with serious illnesses

• Never leave anyone in a closed, parked vehicle, especially infants, young children or animals

Wales saw its highest 2013 temperature of 30.2C at Llysdinam on Saturday. The highest temperature recorded for Northern Ireland was 29.9C on 8 July at Edenfel, County Tyrone. Scotland saw its highest 2013 temperature on 9 July, with 28.7C at Strathallen Airfield.

The Met Office has issued alerts under its Heat-Health Watch scheme for the East Midlands, East of England, south-east England and London.

The "yellow" alerts - level two out of four - mean there is a 60% chance of heatwave conditions in these areas over the next few days.

Met Office heatwave thresholds are based on maximum daytime temperatures - which vary by region from 28C in north-east England to 32C in London - and a minimum night temperature of 15C.

In other developments:

• In Scotland, a wildfire has been blazing south of Inverness since Sunday afternoon. About 500 acres of bracken is on fire between Laggan and Dalwhinnie in Strathspey, and 25 firefighters are using beaters, while a helicopter is dropping water.
  • The hot weather has prompted Rabbi Alan Kimche, one of London's leading orthodox rabbis, to warn his congregation about dehydration during a fast, which is due to begin on Monday night for 25 hours
  • Music fans who attended Scotland's T in the Park festival over the weekend celebrated in temperatures as high as 26C. More than 8,000 sachets of sunscreen were used, 700,000 litres of water consumed and 104,500 ice creams eaten. There was a rise in the number of medical visits from 810 in 2012 to 1,160 this year, largely as a result of the weather

In addition to festival-goers, sunbathers, sport-watchers and barbecue fans have also welcomed the hot weather.

Retailers have reported booming sales as the heat saw shoppers spend thousands of pounds on the high street and online on barbecues, food, sunscreen and garden furniture.

_68741939_68741938Punters enjoy the summer sunshine as they make their way along the river Cam in Cambridge

Asda said sales of barbecues had soared by 204% in the last two weeks, with charcoal and fuel sales up 176%.

The supermarket also said shoppers were keen to cool off, with paddling pool sales up 446% and sales of garden furniture up 44% as Britons indulged in al fresco dining.

But many shoppers avoided stressful and sweaty trips to the shops by turning to the internet.

Online retailer Amazon said that, compared with this time last year, sales had increased by 816% for paddling pools; 519% for sprinklers and sprayers; 543% for patio chairs and loungers; and 145% for sun skincare products.

But the hot weather is not good news for everyone. The very young, the elderly and the seriously ill are the groups who are particularly at risk of health problems when the weather is very hot.

_68733226_68733225The good weather has been around for a while - this was the scene at a Northumberland beach a week ago

In particular, very hot weather can make heart and breathing problems worse.

The NHS says the main risks posed by a heatwave are dehydration, overheating, heat exhaustion and heatstroke.

It advises those who are vulnerable to the effects of heat not to go out in the sun between 11:00 and 15:00 - the hottest part of the day. It also recommends that people drink cold drinks regularly.

Archived