Goalkeeper

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seems odd that we spent £200k on a keeper who was signed as competition to Fielding, but instead we are loaning him out (cannot re-call season long loan players) and look like having a 29-year old(!) Hucknall Town reject on the bench instead next season, who was second choice to a keeper in his mid-40s in the Conference for Burton and is probably still living off that game v Man Utd in 2006!

It was nowhere near 200k and we only pay whenever he plays a first team game.

Saw an interview in which Frankie said he wants 10 years at Derby, will probably be England's No 1 as well.

Great goalie.

England's No1, are you having a laugh, he is a good championship goalie but that's it. Yes he could get better but a very long way to go to get up to that level.

England's No1, are you having a laugh, he is a good championship goalie but that's it. Yes he could get better but a very long way to go to get up to that level.

I agree mate but that was what was said in the interview not my own view, saying that I don't think it's totally out of Frankie's reach, he's only 24, there's plenty of time.

I voted for big frankie f as the player of the year, I just thought with it being his first ever full season as number one, he handled the ups and downs superbly.

I can't see anyone displacing Hart for at least the next 4 years, barring injury probably even the next 8-10. He's without doubt the best english goalie since David Seaman. (I could get slaughtered but I thought Seaman was a superb keeper).

Frankie has been a great signing for us though, at 400k or whatever. You can tell that his straight talking, enthusiastic approach has rubbed off on the squad as well. He was part of the shift in attitude that we needed and I think he's been a breath of fresh air.

He either goes up with us in the next two years or we sell him on for a million, maybe 1.5. not to stand in his way of progression.

I CAN see him being in England squads for years to come though, all he's got to do is get to the PL and he'll be picked every squad.

if you're good goalie in Championship, you're near England's No 1...

Archived