Wards attitude

ramLAD

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wardy, if you are reading these ***** posts, please don't change, you are a wum, and I like that. Sav was the same, get the other team wound up.

Carry on pal.

Is there a rule that you're a bit of mincer if you like one of the mods posts?

if not - I'll like away.

You're spot on in my opinion Boycie, of course he knows he winds people up, in fact I am pretty sure he thrives on it.

Ever thought that teams clocked that he was our attacking threat on the wing and marked him more closely, especially when Ben Davies was dropped or injured. That is why not fussed Green going as we need another out wide player who makes teams think twice about marking Wardie out of the game.

People said his attitude stank before he came here and was like another Commons always injured with his hamstrings. Commons 3 yrs 80 games, Jamie Ward this season 37 games (50 if you count his loan period) not the signs of a player who has a poor attitude, especially when Clough hates this and will quite happily drop a player if not pulling weight.

Just my view

Am staggered by some of the posts on this thread.

Maybe its a personal thing but I have no issue at all with cocky, arrogant players - if they are doing the business on the pitch. Ward is our most creative player & has been doing it on the pitch. As some posters have pointed out, other teams have doubled up on him realising that he's our main threat.

The lad is one of our most marketable assets (and he probably knows it) but clearly loves being at Derby (didnt drag his heels over a contract extension at all & look at his passion on the pitch). I'd rather have a nasty little bugger like him rather than some of the cowardly, pathetic specimens we've had in our team over the past few years.

Successful teams are not made up of 11 "nice lads". Fact.

• 2 months later...

I think we was at our best last season when we lined up with Steve Davies and Theo Robinson upfront and Jamie Ward and Ben Davies on the wing.

The inter play between Savies and Bavies was very good and gave us our impressive start, and Theo and Wards inter play whilst not as consistent showed some class at times, with theo guess we will never guarantee consistency.

If Savies and Bavies played together more consistently this season I probably think we would of been closer to the play-offs maybe even sneaked in the back door, after a bad run where bavies had been out the team and savies had just come back from injury, and then bavies came on within about 5 minutes bavies set up savies and we won the game (after a really bad run) and a few games after it was business as usual as they got their partnership up ...

wonder where we would of been if we could of guaranteed the 11 of fielding, roberts, brayford, shack, barker, bryson, hendrick, bavies, ward, theo and savies.

very balanced, with key partnerships all over the pitch...

Archived