Johnny Metgod

top 6 finish

In his column in the Derby Telegraph on sat Anton Rippon wrote:Johnny Metgod announced "we are

a bottom-six budget club"and went on to ask:"what on earth gives you the belief you have a realistic

chance of ending up in the top six?"

has anyone seen the metgod interview because i wonder whats going on

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coventry

Bristol City

Millwall

Barnsley

Peteborough

Palace

Watford

Hull

Burnley

Blackpool

Surely we must have a bigger budget then all those.

Hull, Coventry and Bristol City will have higher wages than us I'd imagine.. Definately Hull. Bristol have actually spent abit of money and with the likes of David James, Cisse, Pearson, Stead.. They won't be on just 3k a week, they'll all be on $8k+

Blackpool probably do aswell, I'm sure half of their players were given payrises when they were promoted and the likes of Kevin Phillips, Matt Phillips, Taylor-Fletcher would be on higher than any of our players..

Burnley also have a few remaining from the PL season, not to mention a few new signings like Austin etc... They'd be close aswell.

Barnsley, Peterborough, Watford, Palace and Millwall must have lower though..

Coventry

Bristol City

Millwall

Barnsley

Peteborough

Palace

Watford

Hull

Burnley

Blackpool

Surely we must have a bigger budget then all those.

How would we have a bigger budget than Blackpool and Hull with their parachute payments?

well hucknall uou threw me there.I have never heard Derby and overachievement mentioned in the same sentence before!Bit

like Derby and exciting cup run.I'm assuming sarcasm or irony here,after all the 15th best supported team in England struggling

in Div.1 honestly!

Ross County got promoted this season to the SPL and spent virtually nothing, OK not comparing apples with apples, however the year Blackpool went up, they did it on the cheap as well.

They did however have Adam and I doubt they'd have been anywhere near without him.The problem is,bargains like that are very hard to find.

well hucknall uou threw me there.I have never heard Derby and overachievement mentioned in the same sentence before!Bit

like Derby and exciting cup run.I'm assuming sarcasm or irony here,after all the 15th best supported team in England struggling

in Div.1 honestly!

No, just saying what Metgod said on radio Derby, didn't say I agreed with it, TBH I think alot of things Metgod says is crap

Herr Flick? What are you on about?

Metgod is very outspoken person and IMO its his opinion. I remember before Xmas during our bad spell Clough said a game is a must win and Martin Taylor said we didn't have to win. Clough is a big boy, he should be able to speak for himself

Archived