Johnny Metgod

top 6 finish

i like metgod he seems to be very highly rated in the football world (was taken to the world cup with the dutch national team)

i think that hes probably speaking facts rather than putting spin on things or trying not to piss off the owners like glick does and like clough does with the later.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we are more like a mid table budget club.

Given that last year we were considered to be top half in wage bill.

Agree with the others Hull are a top 10 budget club along with pompey, west ham, leicester, Burnley, Reading and cardiff.

Obviously we are aware derby have slashed their wage bill since the premier adventure.

But im led to believe any team which comes down from the prem, will always have a much higher wage bill the next season no matter how much it cuts it down. This trend will continute now that the patachute payments have gone up considerably.

Hull, Coventry and Bristol City will have higher wages than us I'd imagine.. Definately Hull. Bristol have actually spent abit of money and with the likes of David James, Cisse, Pearson, Stead.. They won't be on just 3k a week, they'll all be on $8k+

Blackpool probably do aswell, I'm sure half of their players were given payrises when they were promoted and the likes of Kevin Phillips, Matt Phillips, Taylor-Fletcher would be on higher than any of our players..

Burnley also have a few remaining from the PL season, not to mention a few new signings like Austin etc... They'd be close aswell.

Barnsley, Peterborough, Watford, Palace and Millwall must have lower though..

Blackpool's wage cap is £10k & they only pay their players minimum wage when the season finishes / Pre-season

I'd imagine watford's wage bill would be quite high palace too

The bloke is fluent in double dutch, never heard someone ramble so much on so little content.

He's always seemed fluent in common sense and straight talking to me.

I love threads like this. It's amazing how much guess work can fit in one thread. They must be paying this, we're paying that, those players will be on x amount.

In all honesty I doubt even Metgod knows where we stand in terms of budget but, as all management do, it's a nice little interview to suggest they're doing a great job.

He's always seemed fluent in common sense and straight talking to me.

Compared to Andy Garner and Nigel "erm" Clough, he is mastermind material.

Archived