season ticket sales

Geriatram

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom Glick says season ticket sales should reach 15k by the end of deadline day,on a par with last season.I have to say as an early bird myself,I am very surprised at this figure.

Why are you surprised? Where you expecting it to be lower following an apparent decent season?

I reckon around 15k sounds about right, might be a bit of a drop off but not a huge amount. I've renewed and so have most of the people I know and it was pretty busy in the ticket office yesterday when I went in. I think the way these last few games have gone will have convinced 1 or 2 that weren't sure whether to renew that it is worth the money.

what do you base that prediction on?

I base it on Nigel not being given much to spend in the summer. Also, potentially the loss of Paul Green from midfield. Shaun Barker out all season and Jason Shackell being linked with a move to other clubs.

I remember how miserable and frustrated I have been with the football over the last couple of seasons. Yes, there have been some highs over the last season and we seem to be in a high spell right now. How quickly people forget though that it all soon goes wrong again. This is Nigel's managerial career at Derby in a nutshell for me.

I wish him well and hope he proves me wrong, but I have been saying "Clough Out" for months now and my opinion on this has not changed.

I will not go to any games next season. I'll see how I feel come renewal time next season in respective of if I want to sign up again.

Or

if renewals keep taking place at the current rate it should total ....

2 sides to every coin

Three sides actually.Seem to remember we were given a certain figure for early birds last year (after deadline passed),only to find it had grown another 1k pair of legs within a week or two.

The problem Nigel has is that our owners are committed to playing fair, ie. get the club on an even keel and make them sustainable going forward.

Unfortunately no other fooker seems to be playing it this way.

I think we're staking everything on things going t1ts up for many clubs in the near future and they end up in full-on cost-cutting mode. At that point we'd be well ahead of the curve and finally have an advantage. The problem with this strategy though is that it's not guaranteed to work, and if things don't go t1ts up then we're at a distinct disadvantage. Could go either way.

Glick says a lot of things that everyone takes at face value.

"should". Meaning if everyone who had one last year renews on time then it will be the same.

I should be a multi millionaire this time next year.

Could also mean on a par with sales at this time last year......although the deadline was later last year.!5k sounds low to me for earlybirds compared to last year.

We are incredibly young(unless I missed something), we aren't faring badly this season, and you obtained your first fellow Ram from Kansas this season. I'm not sure how you can assume we'll take a step back next year? Champions League winners 2015 here we come.

Could also mean on a par with sales at this time last year......although the deadline was later last year.!5k sounds low to me for earlybirds compared to last year.

Just looked back through threads.A club spokesman said (last year) that renewals were around 16,200 (after deadline passed) -can't find Glick's later upgrade,but was probably discussed in a thread other than S/Ts.

Apparently we had 19,800 S/T holders in total for 10/11.

If we hit the levels that Glick is talking about in my eyes it will be a credit to the way the marketing team has gone about generating sales.

The employment of a sales team ringing fans has worked, I wonder if they were third party and hence the reason for the hike to cover the cost ?

Only disappointment for me was that some fans as the result of this call got 8 months free credit for renewing on the phone, an offer that was not available to all

Archived