Derry red card

BorneoRam

Don't know if you saw this but basically Derry was sent off for a challenge on young. Contact was minimal and young was a mile offside, even saf admitted it and said it was referee error. Across all programs I saw everyone said it was a blatant referee error, predictably qpr appealed so he would avoid the ban but the fa have upheld the decision!!! How do they expect to be taken seriously, there is no point getting video technology as they have had a week to look at that and still got it wrong, what chance have they got in a minute.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see why the ref gave it from his angle but the linesman should of flagged for offside. The FA? total tosspots.

Been some shocking decisions recently by the match officials.....

Chelsea were given 2 offside goals v Wigan

Meireles picked up a yellow card v Fulham for a "foul" on Duff but didn't even touch him

Balotelli on Song

Man Utd should of had a penalty against Wigan for a blatant hand ball

Wigan had a goal disallowed v Man Utd for a foul on De Gea, Jonny Evans actually pushed Caldwell onto De Gea

I love how Ferguson said after the Wigan game how United got nothing that night, and the talk of big clubs getting the decisions obviously cant be true and it all evens itself out.

Admittedly United didnt get a couple of decisions, but Wigan had a perfectly good goal disallowed and Evans should have been sent off.

Typical Ferguson talking pony.

the FA lets clattenburg ref PL games. That sums them up.

Referees are untouchable. They dont seem like they have to answer to anyone.

Howard Webb is the FA pride and joy of the FA. They applauded him for letting Holland kick Spain about in a world Cup final and keeping the game compettitive. Funny, what if Holland had scored a winner?

The FA with their silly campaigns usually just do what Alex Ferguson tells them to do

You cannot be surprised by saf seeing one side of the coin, that is why I mentioned that even he admitted they got lucky with that one, it is a rare thing. I do understand how the ref gave it although I think he was wrong after seeing the replay, that is irrelevant though as there should have been no decision given the clear offside. I just despair a bit because everyone has been slating the errors by the refs and they had a chance to clear up a blatant error but didn't. They have been taking a few pot shots at FIFA recently basically implying they are incompetent (with which I agree) but people in glass houses....

the FA lets clattenburg ref PL games. That sums them up.

Referees are untouchable. They dont seem like they have to answer to anyone.

Howard Webb is the FA pride and joy of the FA. They applauded him for letting Holland kick Spain about in a world Cup final and keeping the game compettitive. Funny, what if Holland had scored a winner?

The FA with their silly campaigns usually just do what Alex Ferguson tells them to do

Referees are definitely not untouchable, they are under great pressure from PGMOL. Every major decision is studied in detail and they have to explain themselves. If they are found to have made a big mistake they are taken off the list for a number of games which is the equivalent of a fine.

Following the weekend of balotelli, the bank holiday monday games were ridicuilous.

Virtually one red card in every single game.

Obviously refs have been told to send players off for dangerous challenges, or indeed any sliding tackle, whether they get the ball or man, or a bit of both

sad times we live in.

But the linesman didn't flag for offside so by the letter of the law he denied a goal scoring opportunity.

I agree with that. However as he touched Young with the force of a butterfly landing on a lily pad only to find Young twisting through the air like he'd be tackled by Scott Quinell, I would still have withdrawn the red card.

I would instead have given 3 week bans to Young and the Go Compare adverts.

Referees are definitely not untouchable, they are under great pressure from PGMOL. Every major decision is studied in detail and they have to explain themselves. If they are found to have made a big mistake they are taken off the list for a number of games which is the equivalent of a fine.

What i dont understand then is how Clattenburg in particular always manages to get top level games despite controversal decisions every other week. Hes unpredictable, inconsistent and often wrong on replays.

Archived