Jason Shackell

BorneoRam

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be undisclosed.

We'll sign the best defender in league 2.

But Shackell is the sort of player that we need.. Whatever Burnley buy him for he'll be worth every penny. Just like he was to us.

I really don't believe there are loads of Championship quality players hanging around in Leagues 1&2. Certainly not enough to go around all the other clubs looking for a bargain.

Shackell is Championship quality and experienced

The off field tactics Derby enforce might have got us in a good place financially..... we're going too far now. The idea was to pay average Championship wages. "similar wages to similar size clubs"

We're bottom 6 according to Metgod. Our current tactic will have us in League 1 within 3 years. Clough and the youth academy are going to have to continue to produce gems.

It's a very risky plan

Shacks is a quality player.. Not really sure what the decision making people are thinking with this.. There are better players than Shacks for under $1mill that play in his position, but the chances of finding them are pretty slim..

I said all along that our scouts are awful and we need to start looking abroad but if we find a better player than Shacks for under $1mill in The UK I might start changing my opinion of them.. Tough ask..

Also don't knock Burnley.. They've got a decent squad and with $7mill from Rodriguez if they spend $4mill of that then that could push them into the top 6 this season.. Shackell will go if he feels he has a better chance of promotion with them, and the truth is that he probably does..

We're going nowhere

Shacks is a quality player.. Not really sure what the decision making people are thinking with this.. There are better players than Shacks for under $1mill that play in his position, but the chances of finding them are pretty slim..

I said all along that our scouts are awful and we need to start looking abroad but if we find a better player than Shacks for under $1mill in The UK I might start changing my opinion of them.. Tough ask..

Also don't knock Burnley.. They've got a decent squad and with $7mill from Rodriguez if they spend $4mill of that then that could push them into the top 6 this season.. Shackell will go if he feels he has a better chance of promotion with them, and the truth is that he probably does..

We're going nowhere

wouldn't say that, unfortunately 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

All a bit tinpot really buy a player on a higher wage than budgeted, sell him a year later hoping to get lucky with a replacement. If we go on the continent we could probably get a decent CB from Eastern Europe/Spainish or French 2nd division, they'd also be on a lower wage but will we probably overspend on a SPL defender.

Might work but it is a massive gamble, Blackpool sold Barker and got Charlie Adam for half the price but so many times it has ended in failure.

The fella from the mirror who posted the news this morning seems pretty sure it's 1.1m.

At that price it's not a good move.

Some people on twitted saying they won't watch Derby again if he goes need to get a grip and have a word with themselves though.

This smacks of a lack of ambition by our Club. You could argue with Green gone and the pending departures of S.Davies and Shackell, we've let our best defender, midfielder and forward leave! With Barker injured anyone could see it was madness to sell Shackell. Both clough and the board are to blame for this. Anyone getting that sinking felling for next season?

Archived