Petrol, Pasties, Stamps...

MrsRam

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If ppl didnt panic buy the bloody fuel we would all be ok!!! we are ok at mo as we have still got 22k on site and only use arounf 15k per week!!! IMO tanker driver get paid more than enough, if they were threatning to go on strike due to fuel prices I would support them but as there being selfish hope they lose there jobs and can find out how hard it is to find a bloody job now a days!!!!

Pasties, well dont they have egg in them??? Well there aint no egg alright!!! and unlike our competitors we cant buy ten tonne in form USA for a fraction of the price due to us being M&S approved!!!!

Stamps - I dobt bloody know!!!

Anyway if I spent less time on this fricken forum I could perhaps do something about it!!!! Rant over, good day!!!

If ppl didnt panic buy the bloody fuel we would all be ok!!! we are ok at mo as we have still got 22k on site and only use arounf 15k per week!!! IMO tanker driver get paid more than enough, if they were threatning to go on strike due to fuel prices I would support them but as there being selfish hope they lose there jobs and can find out how hard it is to find a bloody job now a days!!!!

Pasties, well dont they have egg in them??? Well there aint no egg alright!!! and unlike our competitors we cant buy ten tonne in form USA for a fraction of the price due to us being M&S approved!!!!

Stamps - I dobt bloody know!!!

Anyway if I spent less time on this fricken forum I could perhaps do something about it!!!! Rant over, good day!!!

You do realise the strikes aren't about the driver's pay? They've never moaned about their salaries, but the terms and conditions of their contracts.

Clearly not or I wouldnt of put what I did???? Even more confused now so your saying they signed the terms and conditions and now there feet are under the table they are not happy???

Steady on, just trying to educate. Rather than me explain it I'll quote a BBC article, can't imagine I'd do a better job.

"The trade union Unite says the strike ballot is about safety standards and terms and conditions. The union says the industry is too "fragmented" and wants a "national forum" which would hold the employers to account over conditions. It claims some workers have had their contracts repeatedly renegotiated and some have had six different pension providers in 10 years. Unite also says shorter delivery deadlines have created a "turn and burn" culture. Unite insist the dispute is not about pay."

What about the calls for that MP to resign, because a lady has suffered 40% burns as she tried to pour petrol from one can to another - in her kitchen. Apparently, the flame from the gas cooker ignited it..... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

Well I don't think the tanker drivers are going to strike over Easter after all. Look forward to empty pumps at Morisons on Saturday then.

What about the calls for that MP to resign, because a lady has suffered 40% burns as she tried to pour petrol from one can to another - in her kitchen. Apparently, the flame from the gas cooker ignited it..... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

Well I don't think the tanker drivers are going to strike over Easter after all. Look forward to empty pumps at Morisons on Saturday then.

I'm sorry but that's her own fault. What he said was ridiculous and irresponsible but he never said expose petrol to a flame.

She clearly didn't do Science at school.

Steady on, just trying to educate. Rather than me explain it I'll quote a BBC article, can't imagine I'd do a better job. "The trade union Unite says the strike ballot is about safety standards and terms and conditions. The union says the industry is too "fragmented" and wants a "national forum" which would hold the employers to account over conditions. It claims some workers have had their contracts repeatedly renegotiated and some have had six different pension providers in 10 years. Unite also says shorter delivery deadlines have created a "turn and burn" culture. Unite insist the dispute is not about pay."

Ah! That has cleared it up for me thanks! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':unsure:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

The price of stamps amuses me. I sent my sis a letter on Wednesday (she lives in Oz), I walked in the post office armed with a tenner as I thought it might be a bit pricey. The actual cost to send it airmail was £1.10 - but yet it costs 60p for me to post a letter what's only going a few miles here? Can someone explain that one to me?

The price of pasties - so you have to pay more for a hot one than what you do for a cold one? What if it's not scalding but not cold?? Or does it have to be flat cold to get the cheaper deal?

And petrol, well I can't see the point of panic buying seeing as though they haven't even set a strike date yet but idiot MP's encouraging ppl to not run out and to keep full jerry cans in their garages is irresponsible ( I bet the fire brigade were a tad miffed with that statement). Dav had to fill up this morn, simply because there was none left in the tank - but no queues to be found in our corner of Kirk Hallam.

As stated, they're not striking over their wages, I heard one tanker driver on RD say they're driving 40 tonne mobile bombs. Kind of makes you think I s'pose. If safety is an issue, wouldn't any of us do the same thing?

The MPs have been giving irrisponsible advice, 'tis true. But people pouring petrol in their kitchens, people filling up jerry cans, and hundreds of little cans, there's no accounting for some people's stupidity. Can the people here not think for themsleves. I could panic buy now, but I'll only have to fiill up again before the end of the week. Sometimes I can't believe the mob mentality that will make people flock like sheep towards something so ridiculous.

Having said that, I will be buying a boat load of stamps.

I also heard an intersting statement from Mr. Greggs that the law talks about pasties at room temperature not being taxable, so they were joking about turning the heating up to 43o. That's the daftest tax I've seen in a long while. I look at my spreadsheets regulalry, and when sit down and think about how much I earn, and then how much of that instantly disappears in Income Tax, Council Tax, and then the hidden taxes like the licence fee, road tax, compulsory care insurance, and VAT on pretty much every other thing I buy, and even more on petrol to get me to work in the first place, it doesn't leave much.

Makes you realise why benefits are such an attractive option to a lot of people. It's probably costing me money to work.

The price of stamps amuses me. I sent my sis a letter on Wednesday (she lives in Oz), I walked in the post office armed with a tenner as I thought it might be a bit pricey. The actual cost to send it airmail was £1.10 - but yet it costs 60p for me to post a letter what's only going a few miles here? Can someone explain that one to me?

The price of pasties - so you have to pay more for a hot one than what you do for a cold one? What if it's not scalding but not cold?? Or does it have to be flat cold to get the cheaper deal?

And petrol, well I can't see the point of panic buying seeing as though they haven't even set a strike date yet but idiot MP's encouraging ppl to not run out and to keep full jerry cans in their garages is irresponsible ( I bet the fire brigade were a tad miffed with that statement). Dav had to fill up this morn, simply because there was none left in the tank - but no queues to be found in our corner of Kirk Hallam.

As stated, they're not striking over their wages, I heard one tanker driver on RD say they're driving 40 tonne mobile bombs. Kind of makes you think I s'pose. If safety is an issue, wouldn't any of us do the same thing?

How have they only just become 40 tonne mobile bombs? What were they driving before?

I feel I've been educated on the stamps and the pastie mustn't watch the right news Chanel or read the right papers, probably the same reason why I'm not bothered about this talk of a strike. Driving a bomb??? All artic drivers are driving 44tonne killi g machines thank god they have been trained and follow very tight health and safety precedes also governed by VOSA so would take what that bloke said in RD with a pinch of salt!!!

Well I don't care about the pasties I mean seriously what does it really matter, the petrol was poorly handled. It's human instinct to panic when someone says don't panic, the strikes if they go ahead will be about health and safety conditions rather than pay.

Well I don't care about the pasties I mean seriously what does it really matter, the petrol was poorly handled. It's human instinct to panic when someone says don't panic, the strikes if they go ahead will be about health and safety conditions rather than pay.

Health and safety conditions = we want more danger money

How have they only just become 40 tonne mobile bombs? What were they driving before?

Its not what they are driving but who is driving.

For years the industry recognised that fully trained drivers were desirable due to the potential dangers when unloading at filling stations. Checks for vapour leaks and up to date training were considered sensible. Now, despite many oil companies making record profits over the last few years, the goalposts have changed and "contract" or agency drivers are being used because they are cheaper.

This is what the dispute is about.

Its called the race to the bottom.

Its not what they are driving but who is driving.

For years the industry recognised that fully trained drivers were desirable due to the potential dangers when unloading at filling stations. Checks for vapour leaks and up to date training were considered sensible. Now, despite many oil companies making record profits over the last few years, the goalposts have changed and "contract" or agency drivers are being used because they are cheaper.

This is what the dispute is about.

Its called the race to the bottom.

So is it the contract or agency workers complaining about conditions?

Archived