Player Suggestion Thread

DCFC_4_LIFE

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You mean Michael Johnson? No thanks.

He is no longer the young player who scored against us in the 2007.

He is a "big" player now. I mean he as fat as ****.

http://s45.radikal.ru/i110/1105/fb/4bdd7b0f849d http://s60.radikal.ru/i168/1105/0c/7c6c447aca14

not surprising given what he's been through. Just needs to lose a bit of weight, he's still a very good player.

Arturo Lupoli anyone? Wouldn't mind seeing him back at PP. I can remember him in the FA Cup against Wrexham and he scored a hat-trick.

Yeah, He looked a class apart for us. Thought he was a VERY gifted player, great prospect. Didn't bag too many goals for us tho. Also, pretty sad really, But looks like he hasn't hit the heights that were expected of him.

[url=http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2010/04/where-are-they-now-arturo-lupoli/]

Craig Mackail-Smith? Apparently we were interested in him last September, anyone think we might make a move for him this summer?

Let's hope MK Dons do Peterborough in the Play-Off Semis (3-2 up after 1st leg). Not sure how much he would be worth tho. A Lot of teams will want to sign him. Got player of League 1 this season.

Norwich and Blackpool have sniffed around him in January and there were supposed to be up to 6 clubs who put offers on the table. Needless to say, ALL were turned down. If they fail to make it through the play-offs, I think he will hand in a request.

Plus NC said we were after players who play in the Championship, bar one (Or have I misunderstood that?). After knowing that he watched Bryson, It would seem we aren't interested/know we can't compete?

Arturo Lupoli anyone? Wouldn't mind seeing him back at PP. I can remember him in the FA Cup against Wrexham and he scored a hat-trick.

His missus was fit. She sat just in front of us once in the away end (side actually) for a night match at Crewe about 5/6 years ago ish (can't be arsed to look it up atm.)

Michael Johnson also managed to get his fingers on a new contract when he was being touted as the new steven gerrard, believe he is on around 50-60 thousand a week.

I do like the idea of taking players who have been forgotten because of new management/injuries..etc which I've said in the past on many occasions there are tons out there that like I said people just forget about, based on one reason or another.

Martin Paterson - Burnley - forgotten through injury

Jack Hobbs - Leicester - lost under new management

Martyn Waghorn - Leicester - lost under new management

Akos Buzsaky - QPR - forgotten through injury

Martin Rowlands - QPR - forgotten through injury

Keith Andrews - Blackburn - lost under new management

David Jones - Wolves - lost through squad depth

Greg Halford - Wolves - lost through squad depth

Giles Barnes - WBA - lost through squad depth, not injury being the key.

David Healy - S'land - lost through squad depth

Matt Kilgallon - S'land - lost through squad depth

Alex Nimley - M'city - loan, very talented prospect lost in squad depth.

Michael Tonge - Stoke - lost in squad depth

Andrew Davies - Stoke - lost in squad depth

You can come up with the rest, I'm bored of looking.

Michael Johnson also managed to get his fingers on a new contract when he was being touted as the new steven gerrard, believe he is on around 50-60 thousand a week.

I do like the idea of taking players who have been forgotten because of new management/injuries..etc which I've said in the past on many occasions there are tons out there that like I said people just forget about, based on one reason or another.

Martin Paterson - Burnley - forgotten through injury

Jack Hobbs - Leicester - lost under new management

Martyn Waghorn - Leicester - lost under new management

Akos Buzsaky - QPR - forgotten through injury

Martin Rowlands - QPR - forgotten through injury

Keith Andrews - Blackburn - lost under new management

David Jones - Wolves - lost through squad depth

Greg Halford - Wolves - lost through squad depth

Giles Barnes - WBA - lost through squad depth, not injury being the key.

David Healy - S'land - lost through squad depth

Matt Kilgallon - S'land - lost through squad depth

Alex Nimley - M'city - loan, very talented prospect lost in squad depth.

Michael Tonge - Stoke - lost in squad depth

Andrew Davies - Stoke - lost in squad depth

You can come up with the rest, I'm bored of looking.

There's often a good reason players like this appear on the 'forgotten' list, I'm afraid and for too long we have bought such rejects.

We certainly wouldn't want 'big time Charlie' Barnes back. A good case for Kilgallon and Rowlands, though.

On strikers, i would much rather go for a striker from a lower league who has been hitting the net than one from the championship who hasn't, though we should learn from the lessons of Liam Dickinson to make sure they can control a ball!

We often seem to fail to bring players in at the last minute, and may need to look at a better transfer negotiator to make DCFC more attractive. with the fan base and facilities we have, this shouldn't be so difficult.

Let's hope MK Dons do Peterborough in the Play-Off Semis (3-2 up after 1st leg). Not sure how much he would be worth tho. A Lot of teams will want to sign him. Got player of League 1 this season.

Norwich and Blackpool have sniffed around him in January and there were supposed to be up to 6 clubs who put offers on the table. Needless to say, ALL were turned down. If they fail to make it through the play-offs, I think he will hand in a request.

Plus NC said we were after players who play in the Championship, bar one (Or have I misunderstood that?). After knowing that he watched Bryson, It would seem we aren't interested/know we can't compete?

I think Norwich may come back in for him and he will be off to them in the summer, I like the look of Daniel Powell everytime I have seen him...............(on the league show)

Be wary when looking at Kilgallon, he seems to have gone down a very rocky road since his move, saw him for Doncaster and he looked a shadow of his former self. Truly woeful he was.

I used to think he was the best centre back in the division, but since his move hes been rotting in Sunderland reserves, and it seems to have affected him.

Kilgallon was fantastic at Leeds, I wouldn't mind seeing us taking a chance on him despite the rough patch he has suffered. He deserves the chance to rebuild his career and if we can get him playing at the level that he used to, we will have one hell of a player.

Giles Barnes is excellent at this level too but he tend's to focus on performing in the big games too much, instead putting that focus into all that games he's involved in through-out the season, not to mention the fact that he get's injured on a regular basis these days.

I know this might be scoffed at for various reason's but I think Darren Ambrose would be perfect for us, he get's brought up on DCFC message board's a lot but a 4-2-3-1 formation would be perfect for him, this suggestion is of course a long shot though, unfortunately.

Archived