Player Suggestion Thread

DCFC_4_LIFE

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I did start it by mistake, just seen so many threads starting up with player names, surely not everyone on here is actually linked to Derby County....or are they as the board are wanting to spend money....or is it another ploy by the board for ST money hmmmm will we ever know lol.

Football management is a general term, I find it interesting how managers sets up to play football, what they do or don't see in a player. I enjoy managing junior football and seeing them progressing and working towards becoming academy players. I am interested who will become the next manager to be sacked....hope it Billy D how they manage personalities. Maybe a hobby for some but it is an interest to others including me. This would be my ideal job and if I had the chance would take it up. For people who know me they know how much time I give up to this interest and yes maybe classed as a hobby to some and should mark it down as both.

No offence taken from me re comments on what you think is my interests in life and how they do not equate to your definition of interests. I will endeavour to make sure threads are started in right section from now. If you look I think about 98% of my comments are made on other threads not actually started many myself. Thanks for the information and lesson on where to post lol.

Cheers

Now that QPR are promoted, and will obviously bolster their strike force, someone will end up leaving the club.

Rob Hulse

Jamie Mackie

Heider Helguson

Ishmael Miller

Tommy Smith

Patrick Agyemang

All 6 would be an improvement on what we have..

But in all seriousness, I can see Ishmael Miller (on loan from WBA) going out on loan again or signing for a NPC club.

Rob Hulse, Jamie Mackie and Tommy Smith will stay.

Helguson could be available and is very good at this level.. I'd take him for sure. And Agyemang is abit of a strange one, but he'll be back in the NPC again this season IMO.

If we go back to 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 I'd take Ishmael Miller.. Reckon with a run of games he could bag 20 goals in this league.

If we go back to 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 I'd take Ishmael Miller.. Reckon with a run of games he could bag 20 goals in this league.

Derek Riorden

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6912573,00.html

I know there is no link to Derby there and I know its been said before but he can cover all across the front line and is superb at dead ball situations. Yes he has an attitude problem at times but in the right frame of mind he can be excellent. one of the most talented Scots of his generation. he would fit in perfectly in the 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formations in multiple areas and is free. wages of 10k would get him.

Riorden and Chris Maguire from Aberdeen would both be low cost and good qaulity in this league, Maguire offers good potential.

Is this in the right thread? if not, i'm 27 so at least rip me for just acting like a 10yr old not being one.

Derek Riorden

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6912573,00.html

I know there is no link to Derby there and I know its been said before but he can cover all across the front line and is superb at dead ball situations. Yes he has an attitude problem at times but in the right frame of mind he can be excellent. one of the most talented Scots of his generation. he would fit in perfectly in the 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formations in multiple areas and is free. wages of 10k would get him.

Riorden and Chris Maguire from Aberdeen would both be low cost and good qaulity in this league, Maguire offers good potential.

Is this in the right thread? if not, i'm 27 so at least rip me for just acting like a 10yr old not being one.

Riordan is awful, trust me on that one. Completely lost whatever talent he had earlier in his career. Can't comment on Maguire as I have never seen him play.

Riorden has not lost an of his ability. he has lost his drive to do anything for Hibs as he has not been backed by the club or the manager. He has seen their best players sold and the majority of their squad not retained for next season along with Calderwood telling other not to bother coming in. Hibs have sunk like a sack of **** since John Hughes took over and they plowed so much money into the new stand. Knowing a bit about the whats happened at Hibs over the last few seasons i can see why riorden has given up the ghost. commons was dynamite when there was a contract available, once he decided to go his performance level dropped.

Riorden has not lost an of his ability. he has lost his drive to do anything for Hibs as he has not been backed by the club or the manager. He has seen their best players sold and the majority of their squad not retained for next season along with Calderwood telling other not to bother coming in. Hibs have sunk like a sack of **** since John Hughes took over and they plowed so much money into the new stand. Knowing a bit about the whats happened at Hibs over the last few seasons i can see why riorden has given up the ghost. commons was dynamite when there was a contract available, once he decided to go his performance level dropped.

There is no point in arguring with Edin about Scottish players. He will woop yo behind since he is in Scotland and knows more about it then anyone on here.

There is no point in arguring with Edin about Scottish players. He will woop yo behind since he is in Scotland and knows more about it then anyone on here.

Lived here for 7 years worked in a hibs mad pub for 4. watched every televised Hibs game for 3 years and been to quite a few games round the corner at Easter Road with a few friends who happen to have shares and regularly attend their AGMs and supporters club meetings.

I still rate riorden highly and so do my Hibs mates as do quite a few people here, they all just think he is a bit of a pre-madona w*nk. so Edinburghram disagrees and probably knows more about scottish football than me. lots of people know lots more than me about lots of things!

Championship 'Names' and we're in the market for 2.5million/3million pound players!

according to fluffy cloughy!

Danny Graham is my hope, I know prem clubs will be looking but in all seriousness he looks like the best CF in the league and for 2million, the watford board would HAVE to accept.

What club do you support? It's definitely "not the right deal" for DCFC.

Have prices in The NPC skyrocketed in the past 2 years or so? Is tht the going rate now for semi-decent striker at this level.. $2mill+ ???

Earnshaw, Graham, Maynard, Holt, Jackson, Long, Bothroyd, Sharpe are all valued at $2mill+ and I'b bet my mortgage that none of them could cut it at a higher level.

Gary Hooper is probably the only one that looks like he could further his career and play at a higher level than The NPC.

I'd much rather us pick up a decent striker in Le Fondre for $1mill. Someone that will cut it at this level but someone that we don't need to be shelling out too much for. I bet theres plenty knocking about in Scandanavia or Central Europe much cheaper than $2mill who could do an equal if not better job.

Have prices in The NPC skyrocketed in the past 2 years or so? Is tht the going rate now for semi-decent striker at this level.. $2mill+ ???

Earnshaw, Graham, Maynard, Holt, Jackson, Long, Bothroyd, Sharpe are all valued at $2mill+ and I'b bet my mortgage that none of them could cut it at a higher level.

Gary Hooper is probably the only one that looks like he could further his career and play at a higher level than The NPC.

I'd much rather us pick up a decent striker in Le Fondre for $1mill. Someone that will cut it at this level but someone that we don't need to be shelling out too much for. I bet theres plenty knocking about in Scandanavia or Central Europe much cheaper than $2mill who could do an equal if not better job.

Shane Long is the only one in that list, he's already a premiership player. Gary Hooper is a great finisher but at the moment the championship is his level, going down to the SPL has made him look a lot better than he is.

Maynard, Long and Bothroyd I fancy. Think Grant Holt might be a Kevin Davies?

Chris Maguire, Derek Rioradan are both available for free apparently as their contracts are running out. I also read on sky sports transfer centre that Sone Aluko (winger) is leaving on a free as he is homesick. It also appears that Dundee United central midfield pair Prince Baben and Gomis are available on for free

I'd like to see us look at good players from relegated teams such as St.ledger, Treacy, Hume

Fielding

A centre back (Ayala back on loan and maybe another eg. St Ledger)

A left back

Bujis

Ward

Aluko

Bauben

Gomis

Maguire

Riordan

Cody Mcdonald

Scored again for Gillingham (on loan from Norwich) to take his tally to 25. They just missed out on play offs but they want to keep him. Paul Lambert plucked him from lower league and loaned him out to get experience and probably won't make Norwichs prem squad?

Would rather take a chance on him as impact sub or even start in attack over theo as has great scoring record although at lower league.

Archived