Formula One World Championship 2012

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Belgian Jerome D'Ambrosio will replace the suspended Romain Grosjean for Lotus at the Italian Grand Prix this weekend.

Grosjean, 26, was handed a one-race ban for causing the first-corner crash at the Belgian Grand Prix on Sunday.

Reserve driver D'Ambrosio, 26, played a part in Lotus's testing in pre-season and drove for Virgin Racing last year.

"My desire for 2012 has always been to get back into the seat of a Formula 1 car so I am grabbing this opportunity with both hands," said D'Ambrosio.

"As third driver, I have worked with the team at every grand prix, attending all the briefings and meetings that the race drivers do, so I am well prepared in this respect.

"I want to reward the faith that the team has in me with a good haul of points from the race."

Frenchman Grosjean will return at the Singapore Grand Prix, but Lotus team principal Eric Boullier has backed D'Ambrosio to make an impression at Monza this weekend, despite 14th being the Belgian's best finish last season for Virgin Racing.

"When we signed Jerome as our third driver we signed a man who is highly motivated, fresh, talented and who contested the full 2011 season," said Boullier.

"Now he has the challenge of a grand prix at the challenging circuit of Monza, in a car which is capable of finishing on the podium."

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19476436]http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/19476436

Hamilton wins, Perez 2nd, Alonso 3rd. Button, Vettel and Webber all retire due to mechanical failures at Monza.

Championship: 1. Fernando ALONSO 179, 2. Lewis HAMILTON 142, 3. Kimi RAIKKONEN 141, 4. Sebastian VETTEL 140, 5. Mark WEBBER 132, 6. Jenson BUTTON 101

Constructors: 1. Red Bull Renault 272, 2. McLaren Mercedes 243, 3. Ferrari 226, 4. Lotus Renault 217

I had 50p on Hamilton to win, 50p on Alonso getting a podium and 50p on him finishing 3rd or 4th.

£3.90 ka-ching!

If I were you Daveo, I'd put a tenner on Lewis going to Mercedes at the end of this season.

Only teams he'd leave for are Ferrari and Red Bull, even then it would depend on the situation with Vettel and Alonso as he wouldn't be big dog.

It's just a robbery of the McLaren purse by his management team. Using Mercedes as bait as Schumacher's future is in the balance.

Save your tenners it isn't happening.

Mercedes will be one of the teams to be at in the new regulation changes in 2014. They are a manufacturer team with their own engine and they've been sneakily building a dream team in the pits over the past year or so. Still think Mclaren will be a top team - but Merc could easily be the team to beat.

Perez is still a Ferrari driver on loan at Sauber effectively, why they don't put him in instead of Massa is beyond me but that's their choice and it would be expensive to buy him out.

Di Resta is also still a Mercedes driver. He'd be expensive to buy out too but if Merc have Rosberg and Hamilton I can see them letting him go.

But that's still not ideal. Di Resta and Button are decent peddlers but I'm not sure either are number 1 drivers who have what it takes to be World Champion unless they're given a car better than everyone else's like the Brawn.

McLaren are going to have to do all they can to keep Lewis. He's going to be in for a big payday!

http://www.inautonews.com/hamilton-denies-learning-from-teammate-button#.UFDRc9lPaNg

Link refers to Hamilton refusing to acknowledge he may have learnt anything from Button.

Even if Hamilton thinks that, it just shows his lack of class. I like Hamilton as a driver but as a bloke I can't stand him. It was a great touch for Button to wave to the fans after his retirement at Monza.

Archived