Doncaster Rovers v Derby County

CumbrianRam

So do I but if we take 9 points off 3 of the teams around them the chances are they will stay up

Yea, but if we win against Bristol, Donny and Pompey we'll end up higher up the table. Let everyone else sort Forest out, we've done our bit.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, but if we win against Bristol, Donny and Pompey we'll end up higher up the table. Let everyone else sort Forest out, we've done our bit.

Yes, but it is not enough- they don't deserve to be in this division- if it wasn't for Pompey having an educationally sub-normal accountant they would be dead and buried by now

What if us and another poor team try and sign the player. Oh I forgot every other club over spends and offers silly money

I agree that they don't but if a player will choose because another club over us because of a slight difference in points total then I wouldn't want him here anyway.

I agree that they don't but if a player will choose because another club over us because of a slight difference in points total then I wouldn't want him here anyway.

Im not talking about a slightly different points total, but after years finishing around the 14th postion mark wouldnt an 8th for example be a lot more postive and a player might actually think we are going somewhere instead of we keep saying it but stay around the same place. I dont see whats wrong with a player wanting to join a team that is improving instead of one that is pretty much stale as we have been.

Im not talking about a slightly different points total, but after years finishing around the 14th postion mark wouldnt an 8th for example be a lot more postive and a player might actually think we are going somewhere instead of we keep saying it but stay around the same place. I dont see whats wrong with a player wanting to join a team that is improving instead of one that is pretty much stale as we have been.

I agree. 8th is two places off the chance for promotion. Be nice for a player to sign because of the chance to play in the premier league, not because of the excellent facilities.

I agree. 8th is two places off the chance for promotion. Be nice for a player to sign because of the chance to play in the premier league, not because of the excellent facilities.

If they actually looked into though (as a fair few fans on here should) they would discover that club has actually come a long way in terms of stability in building for the future and growing potential- it is not always about league position. We are not going to finish anywhere near 8th this season by the way.

If they actually looked into though (as a fair few fans on here should) they would discover that club has actually come a long way in terms of stability in building for the future and growing potential- it is not always about league position. We are not going to finish anywhere near 8th this season by the way.

Until its mathematicaly (spell check please) impossible there's a chance 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Until its mathematicaly (spell check please) impossible there's a chance 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Agree. Strongest team on Saturday please, and again until we can't get in the top six.

Not saying we will get in the top six but in my view we're making significant progress, what better way to prove that than having an attitude of a side gunning for the play offs, realistic or not? It's not like we're 15 points off.

Do you really believe that a football player would really look deep into the finances and care that we have lowered the wage bill? Why do fans think we are so much better of stabilty wise than all the other clubs? Why have we growing potential? We have cut costs and still need to do a bit more. They then wont all of a sudden let it go back up again.

Do you really believe that a football player would really look deep into the finances and care that we have lowered the wage bill? Why do fans think we are so much better of stabilty wise than all the other clubs? Why have we growing potential? We have cut costs and still need to do a bit more. They then wont all of a sudden let it go back up again.

I am sure that it would be a consideration, especially as ffp will possibly be limiting the amount of cash available elsewhere. A stable club will offer them security and a better chance of providing a springboard to challenge for promotion over the coming seasons. We have improved points wise also I am just stating that it i not only final league position that influences decisions. We have a decent stadium, decent facilities, decent fans, the manager is well thought of, we have improved our points total and we have a sound footing from which to build. Final league position is just one of the conciderations

Archived