Paul Green in Republic squad

Curtains

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best midfielder we have IMO, we only won 6 games without him in the previous 2 seasons, I just wish he would be played in his proper position, what does Giovanni Trapattoni know though, its not like he has ever won anything.

Best midfielder we have IMO, we only won 6 games without him in the previous 2 seasons, I just wish he would be played in his proper position, what does Giovanni Trapattoni know though, its not like he has ever won anything.

I would strongly disagree for me our 4th best centre midfielder behind Bryson, Bailey and Hendrick... his work rate however makes him an asset, very rarely goes through 'bad spells' because he works so hard and his game doesn't rely on things 'clicking' he is a trier..

Ben Davies on his day is head and shoulders above Green for me in terms of quality, but as previously stated his work rate gets him around!

Clearly he thinks he knows something that eludes every Championship and Premiership manager as well as all other managers in Europes leagues as none of them were willing to part with any cash during the transfer window for the players services.

Any club could have bought the player had they wanted to show Derby upwards of 500k and around the 9k in salary but no one did.

Clearly he thinks he knows something that eludes every Championship and Premiership manager as well as all other managers in Europes leagues as none of them were willing to part with any cash during the transfer window for the players services.

Any club could have bought the player had they wanted to show Derby upwards of 500k and around the 9k in salary but no one did.

As we didn't even bother taking him to Barnsley shows how much we rate him here, I think a sum of around 200k+ (if that) would of been ample!

As we didn't even bother taking him to Barnsley shows how much we rate him here, I think a sum of around 200k+ (if that) would of been ample!

Was that the game where we were 3-0 down in the first half, yes didnt need him.

As someone has pointed out, 200k when you can get him for free come summer ?

question is, how much will it cost to get someone to replace him? £500K? £750K or more? and if we don't find someone similar, then we'll possibly need three players to cover right-back, right-mid, and centre-mid, so it becomes even more expensive.

The argument that he's crap so get rid seems to ignore the basic rule of football that it's about building a winning team rather than getting together a collection of the best players (something that successive England managers seem to have struggled with as well)..to my mind, we're a better team with Green in there than we are without him

We didn't take him to Oakwell and look what happened. Bailey was shocking against Southampton, Ben Davies has had some very poor games, Hendrick has flattered to deceive in a couple of games and even Ward was diabolical in the first half at Barnsley (as were most of the team to be fair). It is easy to comment in performances in individual games and therefore it is better to look at long term performance with or without certain individuals in the squad. When you do this, as has been quoted by Leeds Ram, the facts are quite suprising and show only a handful of wins when Green didn't play. Maybe, just maybe, Trapattoni does know something and better still, maybe our Nige sees this as well.

But Conor Doyle didn't play against Barnsley... and he didn't play against Southampton either! Therefore he would of been instrumental in us winning them games... clough out!

being 3-0 down at half time at Barnsley had feck all to do with Green not being there, just as it had nothing to do with Doyle not being there nor Tyson...etc I like Green because of his work rate, but as for quality on the ball.. he is league one at best, his engine makes him a decent championship utility man i.e squad member!

Hate to say it but as we're playing him in the first 11 shows we're out of form and short on quality!

Made a massive impact when he did play in the last few games didn't he? Oh, wait no- he was ****.

Remind me again where he played in those games, CM ????

Remind me again where he played in those games, CM ????

Doesn't really matter where he plays as long as it wasn't in goal- when a player is at the edge of the opposition box and has the chance to put a cross in he shouldn't check back on himself three times and then not even attempt to cross. Brayford doesn't seem to struggle and it should be second nature to a midfielder. Against Reading his passing was absolutely shocking, barely completing at all. Irrespective of what position you are playing, as a professional footballer you should be able to pass the ball 5 yards to a team mate.

Archived