Paul Green in Republic squad

Curtains

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In that case, how many games did we win when S. Davies was playing out of position- remind me is he a striker or a midfielder?

Read my post again Shilts, I cant really see what you are trying to prove, I said without green in the past 2 season we have won only 6 games, someone questioned that fact, and I just gave a little more detail, WTF Steve Daivies has to do with anything Im not sure and dont really care.

As I said perviously if you could be bothered to read the thread, IMO he is the best CM we have got, and the only one that has a chance of going to the Euros.

I did read your post and you were trying to say that we don't win games without Green in the squad, then you said that we don't win games when Green is playing out of position. I am just trying to make the point that being played out of position doesn't make you forget how to pass/ cross/ tackle. The only reason he has a chance of going to the Euros is because he is "Irish" ahem.

I did read your post and you were trying to say that we don't win games without Green in the squad, then you said that we don't win games when Green is playing out of position. I am just trying to make the point that being played out of position doesn't make you forget how to pass/ cross/ tackle. The only reason he has a chance of going to the Euros is because he is "Irish" ahem.

No I said that we had more chance of winning games when Green was played in CM, and showed some facts to back it up.

Of course the only reason he might be going to the euros is because he is Irish, if he was Scotish like bryson or from N.Ireland like Ward then in case you havent noticed they didnt qualify, oh I for Hendrick from that list.......

You dont rate him, thats fine you are entitiled to your view, I do rate him as does the Irish manager.

he is "irish" I think you missed the irony. I don't rate him, the only reason he may be going to the Euros is because the Irish don't have many English players they can pretend are Irish to call up. Always love how the little flag next to the players name in the program changed from an English one to an irish one in the space of a week for Greenie! If he does go it is more a testament to the lack of Irish talent than his ability

Basically the Irish dont have a bad side but they dont have many players that can play centre mid, thus Green gets in the squad. They normally play Whelan and one other but the others are Gibson (who never played at Man U but is now getting games, Andrews and Green. Then they have a few young lads

I failed to miss the irony because you are saying that he is called up because they dont have many "English" players they can call up yet they have qualified for the Euros for only the second time in their history, and are ranked 20th in the world.

I am missing the point I must admit, are you saying Ireland are poo ? The Irish manager does not know what he is doing ? Green is only there because he is an "english" player ? All the other home nations with the exception of England did not qualify because they were unlucky ?

No, Green is there because they don't have enough midfielders that are actually Irish to call upon. And yes, Ireland are poo- that is why they have only qualified twice for the Euros. I would say that the Irish manager does know what he is doing by scouring the records and crowbarring players of other nationalities into his squad because he realises they don't have enough. The other home nations didn't qualify because they are poo also, not unlucky.

Archived