Enough

RAMSINCE1969

I did my first post on the 26 th of November with the same title ENOUGH, it created a lot of talk.

In that post I envisaged Mr Glick asking for season ticket renewals, it has come a lot earlier than I thought it would.

I have been watching Derby for a long time and this is the first season that has got me thinking ,we have got ambition, but it will not come in the next two seasons, we have to be patient, this is for me difficult to come to terms with.

Renewing my Season tickets to watch a team that will be run of the mill at best is not for me, I need the Club to show more!

I understand how Glick and co need to run the business sensibly but it has taken the sparkle out of Derby for me,I have now come to terms with not picking up the paper or watching TV and seeing Derby making a major signing.

The investors (not glick) in Derby need to come out and inspire me with there thinking, i wonder if they look for the results or do they just look at Derby has just another business

If these investors are as well off has we think' a little more ambition on their behalf might just be the ticket!

and it might just get me to renew my ticket!

The Saturday's at pride park are not a big draw any more and will not be for the forseeable future!

Reading the other night was dross! I can see the crowds diminishing and the new rules coming in will diminish the funds Glick has to spend especially on gates of 17000 or so

43 years of watching the Rams!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The life is being choked out of this club by the boards refusal to invest and by the managers lack of ability to do anything positive with the players at his disposal. I was at the game today and after the second goal went in it was like a training game for Southampton. We huffed and

puffed before the second but yet again created jack ****. It is so grossly unfair on our fans to have to tolerate this rubbish - well over a thousand Rams were there today, which is magnificent support under the circumstances. For Clough to say there wasn't much in it today is a disgrace. Yes there was Nige - four ******* goals and a set of players light years better than ours. It's not good enough.

Season ticket renewals were announced in February last season and the season before, with early bird date of April in both years ( I know that it was extended last year)

The only difference is the vouchers given for early early renewal which is to get rid of Addidas branded stock before the manufacture deal runs out. Good business really and also the reason vouchers are given away with purchases for the Leicester game.

I've had enough of the way the club is being run but the timing of season ticket sales isn't one of them.

Sorry to end the trend. But i was considering a banner that just reads 'ENOUGH'.

Thought it best to get other opinions first.

---It is not to offend anyone or in any way intended to oppose Derby County. Just a banner that maybe would get a reaction from GSE/Clough and let them know we're losing faith.

Same old same old, the people that come out with these same old complaints have difficulties absorbing the information they are given. Wether it's a lack of patience or just plain old fashioned ignorance I don't know?

Anyways, we'd all love to spend money on a striker, or maybe in time we'll get one on the cheap or from the academy but they aren't going to spend outside of the budget, get over it.

We need about 5 players, right now, if you want instant results. You can't expect a youth squad to come out into the first team and instantly change things and make us look like world beaters. They need a bit more experience. They'd probably benefit from experience around them as well. Unless there's a fan out there willing to gift the club with money, we aren't gonna be splashing the cash anymore.

Same old same old, the people that come out with these same old complaints have difficulties absorbing the information they are given. Wether it's a lack of patience or just plain old fashioned ignorance I don't know?

Anyways, we'd all love to spend money on a striker, or maybe in time we'll get one on the cheap or from the academy but they aren't going to spend outside of the budget, get over it.

We need about 5 players, right now, if you want instant results. You can't expect a youth squad to come out into the first team and instantly change things and make us look like world beaters. They need a bit more experience. They'd probably benefit from experience around them as well. Unless there's a fan out there willing to gift the club with money, we aren't gonna be splashing the cash anymore.

Trouble is with relying on youth is that too often the youngester sare promising for to long and dont actuially deliver.

Remember Lee holmes ? No, thought not. Or that other Lee we bought for £3m who is so memorable Ive forgotten his name. Or Giles Barnes very promising only delivered brefly in teh 2006/7 season.

We need proven talent like Billy Sharp or Ricky Lambert.

Trouble is with relying on youth is that too often the youngester sare promising for to long and dont actuially deliver.

Remember Lee holmes ? No, thought not. Or that other Lee we bought for £3m who is so memorable Ive forgotten his name. Or Giles Barnes very promising only delivered brefly in teh 2006/7 season.

We need proven talent like Billy Sharp or Ricky Lambert.

I remember Lee Holmes, went to Southampton and is now at Oldham, I think? Lee Morris? Wasn't a fan of his from the off, didn't show for the ball enough. Giles Barnes, I liked him. Shame about his injuries, then let himself down with the arrogance and then more injuries.

It's easier to splash the cash, we aren't going to get Billy Sharpe or Ricky Lambert though.

Ya never know, we could get Jordan Rhodes if Huddersfield slip up after losing Lee Clarke, depends how much they're going to ask for though. If it tops £1mill, no. He has almost double the amount of goals the 2nd best scorer has in league 1, Corry Evans. If Derby showed ambition in signing Rhodes I'd be blown away, the guy is clearly good enough to step up into the championship. I wouldn't personally shy away from £2mill. But I'm not in control of the money.

League 2 top scorer, the one and only Izale McLeod. Our own academy product, he's not good enough though. Slim pickings from the lower leagues.

Championship has that man Lambert at the top of the scoring charts, not many goals in recent times though. Had 15 goals pre 2012, 16 goals up to feb in 2012. Ross McCormack in second, from Leeds, unless we're offering over the odds they aren't going to sell. Michael Chopra in third, don't want him although he's a good player, plus he'd command to high a fee and a very high wage.

Then who else is there? We have Theo Robinson, marmite, some love him some can't stand him. I love him, he's always in the right place and does the chasing down/defending from the front job very well.

The place I'd personally look for a new player is out on right wing, another central midfielder to help the likes of Hendrick or Bailey progress and a left back to take over Gareth Roberts. Yes another striker, but they aren't cheap and there isn't many about.

Archived