Lee Croft

NothernRam

Erm Veron was one of the best players in Serie A.. Torres was a goal machine for Liverpool.. Croft won player of the year fdor Norwich, Barker likewise at Blackpool.. Andy Carroll, Jordan Henderson and Steward Downing were probably the best players at their previous clubs..

You can say that any signing makes sense at the time.. Even if it doesn't.. To protect Clough over Croft is akin to protecting Dalglish over Carroll..

And Barker was simply superb for us for a season. Superb.

Injuries have ruined his Derby career.

Don't blame Cough for that.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wages, signing on fee, four year contract all add up was a bad signing and glad he is off the payroll and judging by how Oldham are doing this season, he isn't doing well.

He literally came to Derby and it all went downhill. I blame our fitness coach.

Erm Veron was one of the best players in Serie A.. Torres was a goal machine for Liverpool.. Croft won player of the year fdor Norwich, Barker likewise at Blackpool.. Andy Carroll, Jordan Henderson and Steward Downing were probably the best players at their previous clubs..

You can say that any signing makes sense at the time.. Even if it doesn't.. To protect Clough over Croft is akin to protecting Dalglish over Carroll..

Except Croft was a freebie which didn't quite work and Carroll was quite an expensive flop, even for most premier league clubs

Except Croft was a freebie which didn't quite work and Carroll was quite an expensive flop, even for most premier league clubs

Considering we are running over wage budget and this guy was given a four year deal and we had to pay him off, also tells this guy was flop, don't see why people can say he wasn't.

Really? I though Croft did quite well initially.

Did you see his first few games?

Over the period of his tenure as a Rams player, he's delivered extremely rarely (most notably for me at the start of last season - I don't remember him being on fire when he first signed).

When we first signed him I thought he was going to be a great signing. Didn't happen did it.

Considering we are running over wage budget and this guy was given a four year deal and we had to pay him off, also tells this guy was flop, don't see why people can say he wasn't.

Never said he wasn't a flop..I was merely refering to the chaps comparisons to Carroll's vastly more expensive move.

You could say that about any signing mcsilks..

I think one of Cloughs worst signings is Barker.. But that's done with hindsight obviously

before everybody shoots you down, I do get your point with Barker but I wouldn't call it one of the worst signings, we look a better side at the back (I'm not bothered what stats suggest if they claim we perform better without, we seem better with him on the pitch) but spending £1million on a player who's had two serious knee injuries in the not so long time he's spent here should be classed as a poor signing overall!

hes all right, but my norwich mates tell me hes unfit, he has that stigma of being fat, a b it like kris did begining of the season

he did score a belter agaisnt ipswich earlier season so he isnt all bad

Wahooo, happy about this one has the Championship experience and a position we were desperate to fill.

I know Commons has played well in the hole but I think he should be moved back onto the left wing, Commons and Croft whipping balls in for Hulse and Porter.

That's put the tin hat on any exciting transfers then.

whoo hooo, another major signing!

will they have to extend pride park now this boys signed?

Haha Trigger you are easily pleased i see

I have seen mixed reports reading the Norwich boards - they say he is a great player always gives 100% but cant cross a ball to save his life, lets hope he gets some practice in then, he has to better than what we already have.

if he does the job i'm happy with that now just the job of cutting the deadwood now and a few more signings would be nice too like

Here were some of the views of Croft before he signed

Archived