Lee Croft

NothernRam

Simply superb?

You must have seen some terrible defending in your day.. He's only ever been average..

Most players when you watch them on teletext or in newspapers look average, Bris.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How to Bris Vegas:

1. Is the player a current Derby player?

- If yes, then go to 2A

- If no, then go to 2B

2A. He is terrible

2B. Is he foreign?

- If yes, then go to 3A

- If no, then go to 3B

3A. He is amazing

3B. Was he signed by Nigel then left?

- If yes, then go to 4A

- If no, then go to 4B

4A. He's alight, terrible decisions/ man management from Nigel

4B. He was amazing, best British signing we've had in over 2 decades

Igor Stimac and Christian Dailly were superb..

Barker is an average injury prone center back whose only given some sort of Godlike status here because he's one of Nigels chums

If Nigel had sold him for $1.1mill and replaced him with Keogh people on here would have defended him over it.. The fact that he hasn't and has turned out to be an overpaid injury prone flop Nigel still get's praised for the deal..

Incredible.

Igor Stimac and Christian Dailly were superb..

Barker is an average injury prone center back whose only given some sort of Godlike status here because he's one of Nigels chums

If Nigel had sold him for $1.1mill and replaced him with Keogh people on here would have defended him over it.. The fact that he hasn't and has turned out to be an overpaid injury prone flop Nigel still get's praised for the deal..

Incredible.

Bris, folks on here are neither praising or berating Clough for the deal.

I believe Barker still has a huge part to play. A fully fit Barker and Keogh would be a pretty formidable central defensive pairing if not a little in the slow side.

Barker could well have 3 maybe 4 full seasons in him at this level if he can stay injury free. He's only 30.

Clough obviously recognises this tying his contract down for another 3 years.

He's only ever been average..

I think you might find 20,000 Rams season ticket holders and about 14,000 Blackpool fans may disagree with you.

Fans Player of the Year: 2009–10

(Two successive player of the year awards) Not bad for a player who has only ever been average eh, Bris...

He was playing with injury throughout a part of the following season and through all of the 2011/12 season.

If Clough could turn the clock back then he would have insisted Barker have his surgery earlier than he did. The only reason he didn't was that he was so vital to the team.

The last time Barker came back from injury I watched him carefully and he looked slow and out of touch. However, once he'd had three games back he looked really commanding. I hope he can do it again but I fear that an injury of this magnitude is bound to take its toll. As a previous poster said, he's not quick at the best of times. Whilst I would love to see him and Keogh together, I think we should definitely sign a proven replacement. I am not seeing improvement in O'Brien at present but really hope the kid gets the coaching he deserves. I would love to get Michael Johnson back in the set-up as a mentor.

I believe Barker still has a huge part to play. A fully fit Barker and Keogh would be a pretty formidable central defensive pairing if not a little in the slow side.

Barker could well have 3 maybe 4 full seasons in him at this level if he can stay injury free. He's only 30.

Clough obviously recognises this tying his contract down for another 3 years.

[/

I totally agree about Barker having a huge part to play. That is if he can be the same player. It was an awful injury and a lot of players who have been not as badly injured never came back the same. I really hope Shaun comes back and plays like he used to as he deserves it and is a great pro. I am not convinced he will though unfortunately!

I'm with bris I think barker is quite limited and an average champ player. he is good in a poor side defending deep where the game is in front him and he can head and kick it but one on one and when a side has pushed up and there is space in behind him he gets shown up.

Archived