Lee Croft

NothernRam

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why let him go on a season long loan, if Oldham want himm make them pay a fee, even if its only 100k.

I wonder if its one of those silly loans, wherin we continue to pay all or part of his wages, would not bet against it.

Possibly because if they had to buy him they wouldn't be able to offer him enough wages for him to want to leave.

Move to Oldham(**** hole) get paid less and have to work? Hmmm I'll stay at Derby and do **** all.

Move to Oldham, get paid the same and work if I feel like it? That'll do nicely.

So why let him go on a season long loan, if Oldham want himm make them pay a fee, even if its only 100k.

I wonder if its one of those silly loans, wherin we continue to pay all or part of his wages, would not bet against it.

I was just thinking the same thing about why season long.

They must have either paid a fee or agreed to a bigger % of his wages unless there is a recall clause in Jan. NC specifically mentioned putting a cluase in on the off chance we could sell him in the Jan window. We won't be paying the majority of his wages Smiffy, if we had to do that I suspect we'd have paid him off early.

Possibly because if they had to buy him they wouldn't be able to offer him enough wages for him to want to leave.

Move to Oldham(**** hole) get paid less and have to work? Hmmm I'll stay at Derby and do **** all.

Move to Oldham, get paid the same and work if I feel like it? That'll do nicely.

It seems that everyone shafts us on loans, Watford, Blackpool etc.

Depends on what you mean by shafts us.

Personally I think having another club pay some of a players wages is better than us paying then all for a season.

I mean us having to pay a fee for Ellington, as well as paying his full wages,

I mean a Championship side loaning a player to a PREMIER side and still paying part of his wages, shafted, IMHO 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

• 1 month later...
huh why havnt we just sold him!

he's obviously not going to get a look in ever with clough around so cant see why we're only loaning him unless no one wants him

Wages, I would guess. Teams that want him will be League One at best, but he'll be on top-end Championship money.

I would guess we're still paying a good chunk of his salary.

• 5 months later...

Good.

Hopefully, making way for a loan signing?

I'm sorry to break this to you Dyche. WE ARE NOT GOING TO SIGN ANYONE. Get this into your head!!! You get excited on every single transfer thread even though it's complete bull.

Archived