smoking in public places

trigger

whats everyones thoughts on smoking in public places- ie pubs/restaurants etc?

over here in aus you cant smoke in pubs or restaurants, but just been to thailand and they allow people to smoke anywhere, i was enjoying my dinner till some russian fella decided to spark up a fag on the next table, not a lot i could do really as there were more people smoking than not.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear that froggg - watched my mum do the same, albeit a couple of decades older - still no age tho.

I think it's what we get used to, when we went abroad last year and nearly everyone smoked, just anywhere, it did make it uncomfortable for us and the kids thought it was disgusting. Ten years ago and we wouldn't have noticed it.

As an ex smoker, I've seen both sides of the coin but think it's better as it is now. Nobody likes going home stinking of fag smoke and especially in restaurants, although I think having non smoking rooms and smoking rooms would be a good idea, not to just turn folk outside if they want a fag and now hospitals and places where you can't smoke in the grounds - just a bit extreme for me.

I tend to wander off and have a smoke where there's nobody about - but what hacks me off is when non smokers wander over to where I am then moan!

If you don't like it, go stand someplace else and let me smoke me fag in peace, then we're all happy!

Archived